Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

stop ruining my childhood, the only real ghostbusters is the cartoon with the cripple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Imagine getting the "supposed to hate it" vibe about anything from SA lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the all female ghostbusters movie was a legitimate crime against humanity

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Why do you hate women busting ghosts

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I hope Winston is his dad

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Baby Oscar's gotta be in his 30s right? I hope he shows up.

Also they better confirm that Egon and Janine hooked up at one point, if not outright married.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The movie looks ok. I will see the Ghostbusters movie.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Vigo the Carpathian is my favorite Ghostbusters villain, I wanted to be Egon as a child, I loved the 2016 version because it revealed every proto-Trump-loving-Nazi in my Facebook friends feed, and I am excited to see this when it comes out.

The only thing I wonder is whether all the Fascist MRA babies will be able to decide whether to lavish it with blowjob adoration or deride it as even worse than the last reboot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

BeefThief posted:

stop ruining my childhood, the only real ghostbusters is the cartoon with the cripple

When that chair popped out of the ECTO-1 I honestly thought it was an accessibility chair and a reference to that character for a second

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Egon? He gone.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
egon get'cha

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Prediction: Paul Rudd turns heel right before the third act when it is revealed that he is an acolyte of Ivo Shandor hiding out in this small Midwestern town.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
You could do a whole lot worse with the Ghostbusters franchise than "The Goonies Bust Ghosts" so it looks fine

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Dr. Quarex posted:

I loved the 2016 version because it revealed every proto-Trump-loving-Nazi in my Facebook friends feed

That's a really bad litmus test

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Julius CSAR posted:

You could do a whole lot worse with the Ghostbusters franchise than "The Goonies Bust Ghosts" so it looks fine

Yeah you are right, but I have a wild idea here and I think they should make it like...

Ghostbusters!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I couldn't even finish the trailer. Awful, just awful.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah me too loved that piece of poo poo movie because people had idiotic opinions

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

Hollywood is too cowardly to show a ghost fellating Dan Akroyd in the modern day. :colbert:

I was talking to one of my liquor reps the other week and I mentioned crystal head vodka and its magical ghost crystals. She said that she was at a launch dinner with Akroyd and he said that not only does he believe in ghosts, but he claims that his only gay experience was at the hands of a gay ghost and that's what the blowjob scene is based on.

Obviously Hollywood was too scared to show gay ghost blowjobs back then so maybe they will make up for it in 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
At least this one doesn't have the director drawing a line in the cultural sand the second they're tapped to lead the project. The hate mob around the last one was really unfortunate because you couldn't criticize it without being labelled a misogynist CHUD. It probably would have been a good movie if they gave it to someone other than Paul Feig... and didn't once again have the only minority be the street-smart low-science everyman... and if it didn't stuff itself full of cameos and oblique references to a movie not in its own continuity. But if you say any of these things your Facebook friends would act like you got caught on Milo's tour bus or something.

This one probably won't have the same charm unless Aykroyd is involved since Ray Stanz was just a toned-down version of his actual personality, and I feel like NYC is sort of essential to the franchise, but I'm definitely more likely to go see it.

BeefThief posted:

That show had a really fun take on the music in spite of its own XXXTREME late 90's direction.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shumagorath posted:

At least this one doesn't have the director drawing a line in the cultural sand the second they're tapped to lead the project. The hate mob around the last one was really unfortunate because you couldn't criticize it without being labelled a misogynist CHUD. It probably would have been a good movie if they gave it to someone other than Paul Feig...

Or if it had a funny script. Which it didn't.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

When that chair popped out of the ECTO-1 I honestly thought it was an accessibility chair and a reference to that character for a second

I had to look up the quote in your avatar and holy poo poo, they are remaking Rin Tin-Tin. I am looking at the biography on the dog on my bookshelf and going "the gently caress do you do with Rin Tin-Tin in 20XX??"

I await the answer to this a lot more than the ghostbusters dramedy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gb2016 is a legit bad movie, its okey if you didnt like it no you are not a nazi

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Julius CSAR posted:

The star kid, looking too young to obtain a driver’s license, is seen driving the ecto-1 (2?) through a field, town etc. and they are going to spend like thirty minutes chasing some ghussy with wild abandon or I swear to God cinema has gone soft.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

IMDb posted:

Director: Paul Feig
Writers: Katie Dippold, Paul Feig
I swear I laughed maybe twice at Spy and zero times before I turned off The Heat. Whatever's supposed to be good about Feig and McCarthy I don't get it.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sega 32X posted:

I was talking to one of my liquor reps the other week and I mentioned crystal head vodka and its magical ghost crystals. She said that she was at a launch dinner with Akroyd and he said that not only does he believe in ghosts, but he claims that his only gay experience was at the hands of a gay ghost and that's what the blowjob scene is based on.

Obviously Hollywood was too scared to show gay ghost blowjobs back then so maybe they will make up for it in 2020

I worked with a grip that told that same story like 10-12 years ago, not surprised really.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
A generation of men old enough to have to worry about getting colonoscopies breathes a sigh of relief that the irreverent childrens toy commercial they grew up with is being treated with utmost reverence.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok, drill

Sleeveless posted:

A generation of men old enough to have to worry about getting colonoscopies breathes a sigh of relief that the irreverent childrens toy commercial they grew up with is being treated with utmost reverence.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

touche

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Video Nasty posted:

The star kid, looking too young to obtain a driver’s license, is seen driving the ecto-1 (2?) through a field, town etc. and they are going to spend like thirty minutes chasing some ghussy with wild abandon or I swear to God cinema has gone soft.

Ecto-2 is a gyrocopter don't you know anything

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i liked the part where the kids knew how to drive, and drive at a high rate of speed while not crashing off the road

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DoctorGonzo posted:

gb2016 is a legit bad movie, its okey if you didnt like it no you are not a nazi

Oh thank god finally, that's a weight off my shoulders

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Akroyd is actually an amazing man who believes in ghosts and aliens. Do not underestimate or ridicule him.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

BeefThief posted:

False.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The entire reason the movie was approved after the last movie bombed was probably because the pitch was that it would be like Stranger Things

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Stranger Things but with ghosts and instead convoluted references to D&D, it's going to be convoluted references to Transformers.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

I remember being pissed as a kid when they made Egon have a blond pompadour

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I don't know how anyone ever found Bill Murray funny, in anything.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I had to look up the quote in your avatar and holy poo poo, they are remaking Rin Tin-Tin. I am looking at the biography on the dog on my bookshelf and going "the gently caress do you do with Rin Tin-Tin in 20XX??"

I await the answer to this a lot more than the ghostbusters dramedy.

terrific. now that I'm thinking about it, that's what society is missing. this is the solution to moral decay: heroic dogs in media. give us rin tin tin. give us benji. give us a new lassie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

CGI Lassie so they don't die on us. We have the technology!