Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

Funko being the masters of whoring nerd merch, are already well ahead of the curve

This reminds me, someone had a reproduction of the slimer prop/puppet at a Halloween party this year.
I was surprised to discover that slimer has a lovingly crafted human rear end. Like a big honkin butt. I imagine they had to fly in a separate sculptor who specializes in big asses just for slimer's butt.
I don't remember this detail from the movie.

Nice Guy Patron fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

gary oldmans diary posted:

gozer kind of either brought them out or empowered them to be visible/physically do things but without that for all we know theyre just going to the afterlife or nonexistence like normal

Ya, in the first one they've been trying for years to find even a single ghost or paranormal thing, then the twinkie analogy says poo poo's all hosed.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

my dog died im sad posted:

This reminds me, someone had a reproduction of the slimer prop/puppet at a Halloween party this year.
I was surprised to discover that slimer has a lovingly crafted human rear end. Like a big honkin butt. I imagine they had to fly in a separate sculptor who specializes in big asses just for slimer's butt.
I don't remember this detail from the movie.

Already mentioned but there's a new Netflix show about different classic movies like GB and Die Hard. They do an interview with the guy who made the Slimer model. Pretty decent little show even if it is low budget.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Lodin posted:

Already mentioned but there's a new Netflix show about different classic movies like GB and Die Hard. They do an interview with the guy who made the Slimer model. Pretty decent little show even if it is low budget.

The Movies that Made Us. It's a spinoff of The Toys that Made Us, which is pretty fun in and of itself and just started its second season.

The Transformers episode made me want to go find a vintage Perceptor toy.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Mozi posted:

i dunno man. it looks like the homer car to me

Do you want to start a fight? Because that's how you start a fight.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it looks like there's more than a ghost that needs bustin around here

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mozi posted:

i dunno man. it looks like the homer car to me

reported

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

kazmeyer posted:

The Movies that Made Us. It's a spinoff of The Toys that Made Us, which is pretty fun in and of itself and just started its second season.

There’s a million on eBay as low as five dollars.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Man I remember transformers being cooler than they were I just looked up Grimlock and it just looks like a cheap piece of poo poo.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Lodin posted:

Did they interview the butt guy?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Wanna see dat slimer rear end.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

bird with big dick posted:

Man I remember transformers being cooler than they were I just looked up Grimlock and it just looks like a cheap piece of poo poo.

trying to remember the cool transformer I owned but I think it was some random one that was made out of steel instead of plastic and if you didn't fully do the transformation it was like a metal club or something

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Wanna see dat slimer rear end.

I touched it. AMA

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

Or if it had a funny script. Which it didn't.

The actresses weren't even that bad in general. But every other part of yhe production, especially the horrible plot and script, was super bad.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Ashheap Empire posted:

Egon doesn't gently caress. Movie is trash.

It was actually his clone, Egoon

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Bigger Spengler.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

JK Fresco posted:

The actresses weren't even that bad in general. But every other part of yhe production, especially the horrible plot and script, was super bad.

Yeah the sad part was how a group of pretty talented people put together something so uninspired. Like it's fine to riff off the original, but everything in the script felt like it came out of a writers room instead of an actual write who had a good idea to make a movie and followed through on that. I'm sure that's exactly what happened. Even Paul Feig seems like a nice enough guy, but he really has no place directing movie like that.

Ashheap Empire posted:

Egon doesn't gently caress. Movie is trash.

That's what I thought. Dude was such an incel that between the first and second movie Janine stopped bothering and decided to gently caress the accountant who turned into a dog.

Biohazard fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 11, 2019

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Biohazard posted:

Yeah the sad part was how a group of pretty talented people put together something so uninspired. Like it's fine to riff off the original, but everything in the script felt like it came out of a writers room instead of an actual write who had a good idea to make a movie and followed through on that. I'm sure that's exactly what happened. Even Paul Feig seems like a nice enough guy, but he really has no place directing movie like that.

That's what I thought. Dude was such an incel that between the first and second movie Janine stopped bothering and decided to gently caress the accountant who turned into a dog.

It was pointed out earlier that he hosed the ectoplasm so who's the real genius here?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Video Nasty posted:

It was pointed out earlier that he hosed the ectoplasm so who's the real genius here?

Ah right. prior to the ol' man eating toaster gag. Egon, you dog.

Ghostbusters 2, while inferior, will always have a special place in my heart as one of those movies that comedy central had on nonstop whenever I got home from school. Right up there with Big Man on Campus!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The first movie has Dan Akroyd getting his dick sucked by a ghost and now we’re acting sentimental for the movie? What is this bullshit. How could anyone be excited for it. Then they throw in the stranger things kid for extra pandering. At least the lady ghostbusters movie tried to be a comedy at the very least.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I can’t wait until we get the Ernest Oscar bait bio pic.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Biohazard posted:

Ah right. prior to the ol' man eating toaster gag. Egon, you dog.

Ghostbusters 2, while inferior, will always have a special place in my heart as one of those movies that comedy central had on nonstop whenever I got home from school. Right up there with Big Man on Campus!

And PCU, don’t ever forget PCU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

For me the Comedy Central movie was Fletch

It was the Fletch channel as far as I was concerned. When Penn Gillette was doing the narrating.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kazmeyer posted:

Gotta admit, I tore up a bit when Eastman and Laird met again after a billion years and hugged in the Turtles episode. Hope they've managed to settle their grievances.
Also, this is actually the third season so you might have some more episodes waiting.

bird with big dick posted:

That's why you spend 168 dollarydoos on the new and improved version, my man.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Looked pretty good?? Wheres the fire

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
egon fucks

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Video Nasty posted:

He also makes a joke about how much women like his cock in the first five minutes of the movie.

The_Rob posted:

The first movie has Dan Akroyd getting his dick sucked by a ghost and now we’re acting sentimental for the movie? What is this bullshit. How could anyone be excited for it. Then they throw in the stranger things kid for extra pandering. At least the lady ghostbusters movie tried to be a comedy at the very least.

I like Ghostbusters and I think it's a really funny movie, but I will never understand why people lose their goddamn minds over it. It's good but there are a lot of good movies. Why the gently caress do people base their lives around it? I get that it's some manchild nostalgia thing, but why Ghostbusters in particular?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CPL593H posted:

He also makes a joke about how much women like his cock in the first five minutes of the movie.

I like Ghostbusters and I think it's a really funny movie, but I will never understand why people lose their goddamn minds over it. It's good but there are a lot of good movies. Why the gently caress do people base their lives around it? I get that it's some manchild nostalgia thing, but why Ghostbusters in particular?

I like the first movie too but it’s just a dumb rear end comedy. It’s not special in any real way. Knowing there are people who take the lore seriously is so bizarre to me.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I like the first movie too but it’s just a dumb rear end comedy. It’s not special in any real way. Knowing there are people who take the lore seriously is so bizarre to me.

Okay what if Caddyshack but for ghosts and also we can't get Rodney to do anything in this one.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Video Nasty posted:

Okay what if Caddyshack but for ghosts and also we can't get Rodney to do anything in this one.

I think we should remake PCU next but remove all the jokes and make it a serious examination on women going for STEM degrees in college.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The_Rob posted:

I know a guy who is such a rabid uber fan that he actually knows the specific model number of the walkie talkie that you see Ray with for three seconds when they're in the hotel. He painstakingly researched this for cosplay or something. No points for guess he's also one of the biggest douchebags I've ever met.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Biohazard posted:

Don't they mention in the trailer that ghosts just haven't been seen since then? Like everyone knows they exists, but no one has seen one in forever.

I've often wondered if it might be nice to have a Ghostbusters movie that deals with mainstream society coming to terms with the fact that ghosts are 100% undeniably real. Seems like it could be cool if it were done right, but also very easy to do wrong.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cockmaster posted:

I've often wondered if it might be nice to have a Ghostbusters movie that deals with mainstream society coming to terms with the fact that ghosts are 100% undeniably real. Seems like it could be cool if it were done right, but also very easy to do wrong.

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/spookcentral/clips/ghostbusters-3-reference-in-the-critic/view

e: since it doesn't preview, it's the scene from The Critic where they force prisoners to watch Ghostchasers 3.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CPL593H posted:

Serious answer: it was a big blockbuster movie where the nerdy weirdo awkward schlubby guys got to be heroes while still being themselves. It was pretty much a cliched "Ragtag underdog team wins the finals" sports movie for geeks.

This line from the first few minutes of the film pretty much sums it up:

CPL593H posted:

I know a guy who is such a rabid uber fan that he actually knows the specific model number of the walkie talkie that you see Ray with for three seconds when they're in the hotel. He painstakingly researched this for cosplay or something. No points for guess he's also one of the biggest douchebags I've ever met.

Cosplayers noticed that the Ghostbusters all wear a specific type of digital watch:

It's the 1983 Seiko Voice Note M516-4009, which is now SUPER collectable because of its association with the movie.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Ghostbusters is for baby children and so it's good that the baby children get to see themselves in the film doing the busting

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I hope this new movie features Slimer's massive rear end.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

The_Rob posted:

who is this loving guy?

LEAVE

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

CPL593H posted:

It has things that make for great toys, it's not rocket science.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It was huge. The rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Was the rear end proportional to Slimer's body, or did Slimer have shelf?

Was it more like a bubble but or a cellulitic sack of potatoes rear end?