Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's literally the only game that has ever had such a turnaround at the time. No Man's Sky and Battlefront 2 have followed suite though.
I wish that revamps like this were more common, but I understand why they're not. It gobbles up valuable time, money, and talent for a risky prospect. In this case, Final Fantasy was a brand that was too valuable to abandon. Hefty resources were allocated to saving it, and they appointed some unusually good talent to staunch the bleeding, slap the sorry thing into shape, and maintain it. I'm glad it paid off.

I haven't played No Man's Sky, but I'm impressed with how they took accountability for delivering a turd and fixed so many of its problems. Usually, cases like this quietly cut and run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Warframe was incredibly lovely at launch, and now it's the Every-genre game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m bummed that FF14 is so amazing now because there is no way I’m playing through leveling up in an MMO to experience the story.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m bummed that FF14 is so amazing now because there is no way I’m playing through leveling up in an MMO to experience the story.

The story is the leveling up, the most efficient way to level a first job is beelining story

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's literally the only game that has ever had such a turnaround at the time. No Man's Sky and Battlefront 2 have followed suite though.

And Siege, a game that very few people fully appreciated at launch and many had declared dead (or headed for f2p), which is now an esport and has 45million players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AQtI4iTD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

the entire game is story. it very much starts you off as a no-name level 1 adventurer schmuck and as such the story starts off pretty slow; but by the time you hit level 20 or so the story picks up and just keeps going. the beginning is intentionally gradual in introducing you to the game, which experienced MMO players get annoyed at sometimes but for someone new to the genre it's a very good tutorial into how everything (and i mean literally everything) works.

it's definitely worth the time spent, especially if you even somewhat pay attention to all the characters and events from the beginning. the payoff is outstanding.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bust Rodd posted:

You level up as you play the story. It's not really a MMO in the typical sense. It's much more a single player game but with multiplayer content. If you're just playing to experience the story then theres literally zero leveling grind

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

This thread has made me 100% ready to go back to FF14 which I haven't played since ARR dropped. So much to play, but it sounds like it really needs to be a priority.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've been tempted by all the great stories I'd heard about FF14 despite usually finding MMOs utterly tedious, but it's still got a monthly fee so welp.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I've been tempted by all the great stories I'd heard about FF14 despite usually finding MMOs utterly tedious, but it's still got a monthly fee so welp.

Do like me and buy the complete edition on sale. 4 games for 30 bucks, plus a free month means it'll still be two additional months of subscription till I even hit the normal price of a video game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jerusalem posted:

The free trial lets you play up to level 35 without having to subscribe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The free trial lets you play up to level 35 without having to subscribe

My backlog laughs, knowing it will grow only stronger :gonk:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Others have pointed out that the story is the leveling process (side quests don't give much EXP, so the best way to level your first job is just to play through the story), but I'll also point out that they're streamlining the 1-50 story/leveling experience in a couple of patches. I believe it's slated for 5.3, which should be coming out in the spring. They're well aware that the sheer quantity of story content and the amount of filler in the 1-50 story is a big hurdle for new players.

It's not really clear what that streamlining will look like or how successful it will be, but if you don't jump in sooner, it'll be worth checking in on the free trial once that change goes live to see if it clicks with you.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jerusalem posted:

My backlog laughs, knowing it will grow only stronger :gonk:

What a powerful, powerful statement.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When are these results supposed to get posted? What am I not paying you for?!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Tomorrow, all day marathon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

Tomorrow starting 2pm GMT, 9am EST. This countdown doesn't just appear without any effort, you know!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Dang, I have to work. Should have taken the day off!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rarity posted:

Tomorrow starting 2pm GMT, 9am EST. This countdown doesn't just appear without any effort, you know!

All your unpaid labour is to our profit! :yeshaha:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

All your unpaid labour is to our profit! :yeshaha:

Hoist by my own capitalism :negative:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Literally on the edge of my seat excited to see this countdown holy moly :D

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will technically be working but it'll be from home so no one can tell what I'm reading so long as I stay responsive on slack

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Rarity posted:

I've always assumed that you perform ancient eldritch radical leftist rituals involving blood sacrifice to make them appear.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Pre emptive "Brawl Stars should be higher" :mad:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I appreciate that the submission deadline was pegged to Pacific time even though you are based in another time zone

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Studio posted:

Pre emptive "Brawl Stars should be higher" :mad:

hey I played it for like a week at release and then went back to clash royale as my #1 pooping game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
SA GOTY Thread countdown AND AGDQ in the same weekend

truly we are the blessed

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Studio posted:

Pre emptive "Pathologic 2 should be higher" :mad:

ftfy

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Pathologic 2 gets Saddest Game Of The Year

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I appreciate that the submission deadline was pegged to Pacific time even though you are based in another time zone

I've taught Rarity much about pegging :smug:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Ms Adequate posted:

I've taught Rarity much about pegging :smug:

I choose to believe that mentioning pegging is an immediate summoning of either you or Jose through mystical means

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm4hPQzbKnU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jerusalem posted:

Do not be deceived, it is just everquest but with pretty catboys in it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Come on, start with the program already

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hello, my darlings! Come in, come in, I’m so glad that you could make it! Welcome to the second edition of the Games forum’s most exciting new tradition that proves not all voting is a mistake, it’s the Video Games Top 10 Poll of 2019 Results! It’s been another terrible year here in Hellworld but video games were always there to see as through the bad times. This was the year in which gaming seemed to begin fighting back against the ‘game as a service’ montetized multiplayer model with the likes of Anthem and Fallout 76 falling hard. Instead we were delivered a veritable glut of tightly focused single player experiences as Capcom continued their recent resurgence and Hideo Kojima finally opened the door on his secret project. We’ve also seen creators fall prey to the charged political climate with mistakes being made by both AAA and indie developers as corporate ethics continued to come under the spotlight. And the mood was lightened through the year by a couple of unlikely heroes as a pair of meme characters spiralled far beyond the bounds of their games. Yes, it’s definitely been a year and 2019 has delivered some of the best games of the decade covering a wide variety of platforms and genres. But it’s time to get to brass tacks, what was Something Awful’s Game of the Year?

This has been an absolutely astonishing contest this year with participation from 143 Games forum posters nominating 390 games all together. This was by far the biggest response we’ve ever had on a forum vote so give it up for your bad selves! Over the course of the contest 60 different games were listed at the #1 position just showing the great amount of choice available on the market today. We’ll be diving into this countdown in a moment but before we do there are some questions we must consider:

• By far the most hyped release of 2019 was Hideo Kojima’s first game away from Konami, Death Stranding. After years of secrecy around this social strand game it was revealed to be a deeply mechanised walking simulator that encouraged co-operation. Evocative, haunting and beautiful, this game was instantly tipped by many as the winner of this year’s poll. But has it done enough to take the top spot as has been touted?
  • Earlier in the year FromSoftware presented their latest update to the Soulsborne formula in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Stepping away from their RPG roots the game focused on providing the most dynamic and intricate combat system ever seen in gaming while retaining the difficulty levels for which they have become synonymous. Its efforts were already rewarded with the Game of the Year title at the 2019 Game Awards. Will it receive the same level of acclaim from Something Awful?
  • Last year we saw Capcom confirm their return to form as the publishers of 2018’s #1 and this year they were back with another strong catalogue of offerings to make their assault on this year’s chart. Resident Evil 2 was a fantastic retelling of an old classic that has been heralded as the best remake of all time while Devil May Cry 5 revelled in its ridiculousness in a release that has likely saved the franchise. Has either one done enough to take the top prize?
  • And speaking of last year’s #1, Capcom weren’t done with that either as they brought out its expansion, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Containing an entire game’s worth of new content this was enough to bring many players back to their controllers but with such a strong legacy to live it up to will it be able to match last year’s result?
  • While we’re on the topic of last year’s poll, Celeste and Return of the Obra Dinn rounded out your top three in 2018 and players continue to discover these indie classics. Will either of them be able to put in a strong showing in this year’s poll?
  • The Switch wasn’t left out of the party this year as it got its own high profile release in the summer with Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The latest release in the franchise updated its tactical RPG formula with a strong set of character development mechanics that really rounded out the game and brought the series more popularity than ever before. Could it be in with a chance of taking your #1 spot?
  • This year’s other big Switch release didn’t receive such universal acclaim as Pokémon Sword/Shield came out mired in controversy following the removal of the National Pokédex making this the first game in the series where you could not in fact catch ‘em all. However not even Dexit could completely ruin the classic Pokémon formula and the game still found its fanbase but was it enough to damage its chances of placing well in the results?
  • One game that has been completely ignored by all the critics in their year end lists has been Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. The latest expansion in SquareEnix’s MMO was left aside by reviewers unable to commit the time required to play an MMO but has been much beloved on the forums all year and consistently featured in your lists. Will it finally be able to achieve the level of success that it deserves?
  • It is, quite frankly, impossible to talk about video games of 2019 without addressing the goose in the room. Untitled Goose Game became a bona fide internet phenomenon upon its release as its charming art style and aggravating lead character inspired an avalanche of memes. However, what was lost in all the excitement was that the game’s core stealth gameplay was actually very entertaining. How high will this honking good game be able to honk in your honk?
  • And then there’s the one that nobody saw coming. Nobody had Disco Elysium on their radar prior to the game’s release in October but as soon as it launched it became an overnight success as its combat-free dialogue-heavy RPG mechanics were matched up to the highest excellence in writing to create a game that could be legitimately described as literature. From there it has overwhelmed discussion on the forums and elsewhere to punch far above its weight. Will this small export from Estonia be able to compete with the very biggest in the industry as it challenges for the top spot?

So many questions! And answers will be forthcoming, I promise you that. First though we’d better take care of some of the admin before we can crack on with the countdown. Here’s how everything outside the top 75 scored.

=.363 (1 point)

Alien Isolation (The Creative Assembly)
Battle Brothers (Overhype)
Bully (Rockstar)
Children of Morta (Deadmage)
Cuphead (Studio MDHR)
Deltarune (Toby Fox)
Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator (Game Grumps)
Earthtongue (Eric Hornby)
Endless Frontier (ekkorr)
Etrian Odyssey Nexus (Atlus)
Exapunks (Zachtronics)
Final Fantasy (Square)
Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods (Crate)
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator: Rev 2 (Arc System Works)
Horizon Chase Turbo (Aquiris)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (LucasArts)
L.A. Noire (Team Bondi)
The Last of Us (Naughty Dog)
The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories (White Owls)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Level5)
Pinball FX3 (Zen)
Red Dead Online (Rockstar)
Shining Force (Sega)
Shining Force EXA (Sega)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare)
SteamWorld Heist (Image and Form)
Witch’s House MV (Fummy)
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Nihon Falcom)

=336. (2 points)

Atelier Lydie and Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings (Gust)
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden (Tales of Game)
Blazing Chrome (JoyMasher)
Blood and Truth (Sony)
Bomberman Quest (Hudson)
Boreal Blade (Frozenbyte)
Darksiders 3 (Gunfire)
Dawn of Man (Madruga Works)
Death Road to Canada (Rocketcat)
Eczema Angel Orifice (Porpentine)
Elsinore (Golden Glitch)
Evolution of Ages: Settlements (TREON)
Far Cry: New Dawn (Ubisoft)
Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard (Thomas Bowker)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (Valve)
Islanders (Grizzly)
Kind Words (Popcannibal)
Outlast (Red Barrels)
Stella Glow (Imageepoch)
Super Robot Wars J (Banpresto)
System Shock (LookingGlass)
Teamfight Tactics (Riot)
Unavowed (Wadjet Eye)
Unity of Command 2 (2x2)
VA-11 Hall-A (SUKEBAN)
XCOM 2 (Firaxis)
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links (Konami)

=307. (3 points)

The 1st Old-School Level Design Contest (SMW Central)
428 Shibuya Scramble (Spike Chunsoft)
Aggelos (Storybird)
Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (Gust)
Card of Darkness (Choice Provisions)
The Council (Big Bad Wolf)
Crusader Kings II (Paradox)
Evertinity (Joshua O’Sullivan)
Fate/Grand Order (Delightworks)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (SquareEnix)
Glass Masquerade 2 (Onyx Lute)
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (Natsune)
Heaven’s Vault (Inkle)
Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla)
MadWorld (Platinum)
Marvelous: Another Treasure Island (Nintendo)
Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Level5)
No More Heroes (Grasshopper)
Outward (Nine Dots)
Oxygen Not Included (Klei)
Prey: Mooncrash (Arkane)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Eidos)
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (Sega)
The Sinking City (Frogwares)
SteamWorld Quest (Image and Form)
Super Mario Bros (Nintendo)
The Surge (Deck13)
The Swapper (Facepalm)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Sega)

=277. (4 points)

ARK: Survival Evolved (Wildcard)
Card City Nights 2 (Ludosity)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve)
Downwell (Moppin)
Dynasty Warriors 7 (Omega Force)
Final Fantasy V (Square)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Intelligent Systems)
Gato Roboto (doinksoft)
Gears 5 (Epic)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Terminal Reality)
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Ninja Theory)
Hexcells Plus (Matthew Brown)
Kaiserreich (Kaiserdev)
Kirby Super Star (HAL)
Little Misfortune (Killmonday)
Mortal Kombat IX (NetherRealm)
No More Heroes 2 (Grasshopper)
Persona 4 (Atlus)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 (Konami)
Resident Evil (Capcom)
SaGa: Scarlet Grace (SquareEnix)
Soma (Frictional)
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (Banpresto)
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)
Superhot (SUPERHOT Team)
The Surge 2 (Deck13)
Two Point Hospital (Two Point)
Wargroove (Chucklefish)
The Witness (Jonathan Blow)
Yoshi’s Woolly World (Good-Feel)

=250. (5 points)

A Hat in Time (Gears For Breakfast)
Astro Bot Rescue Mission (Sony)
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Gust)
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (ArtPlay)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
Contradiction: Spot the Liar! (Baggy Cat)
Dariusburst Chronicle Saviors (Pyramid)
Deep Rock Galactic (Ghost Ship)
Dreams (Media Molecule)
Earth Defence Force 5 (Sandlot)
Everybody’s Golf VR (Clap Hanz)
Fortnite (Epic)
Grand Poo World 2 (DKBarbarian)
Grindstone (Capybara)
Kindred Spirits on the Roof: Full Chorus (Liar-soft)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Capcom)
The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors (Taito)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Omega Force)
Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror (Spiderweb)
Remnant: From The Ashes (Gunfire)
Seasons of Inis (Matagot)
Spirits Abyss (Anthony Case)
Tiger Tiger (Drew Wise)
Unravel (ColdWood)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (Troika)
Yakuza Kiwami (Sega)

=219. (6 points)

Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Triumph)
BoxVR (FITAR)
Civilzation VI (Firaxis)
Crackdown 3 (Sumo Digital)
Dead Cells (Motion Twin)
Doom Episode 5: Sigil (Romero Games)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Bethesda)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr (ZeniMax)
Final Fantasy VIII (Square)
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Intelligent Systems)
Grid 2 (Codemasters)
Infinite Space (Platinum)
Life is Strange: Before The Storm (Dontnod)
Nioh 2 Alpha/Beta (Team Ninja)
Persona Q (Atlus)
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (Capcom)
Pikuniku (Sectordub)
Pokémon Go (Niantic)
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (Insomniac)
Rule the Waves 2 (NWS Wargaming)
Shenmue III (Sega)
Sleeping Dogs (SquareEnix)
Sonic Mania (Christian Whitehead)
Soulcalibur VI (Bandai Namco)
Star Traders Frontiers (Trese Brothers)
Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
Wandersong (Dumb and Fat)
Void Tyrant (Armor)
Yakuza 4 (Sega)
Zaccaria Pinball (Magic Pixel KFT)

=182. (7 points)

Ape Out (Gabe Cuzzillo)
Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica (Gust)
Assassin’s Creed II (Ubisoft)
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (Gust)
Call of Duty: Black Ops IV (Treyarch)
CrossCode (Radical Fish)
Blasphemous (Team17)
Dead or Alive 6 (Tecmo)
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)
Dota Underlords (Valve)
Enter the Gungeon (Dodge Roll)
Epic 7 (Smilegate)
Far Cry 5 (Ubisoft)
Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark (6 Eyes)
Final Fantasy IX (Square)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (SquareEnix)
Final Fantasy XV (SquareEnix)
Halo 3 (Bungie)
The House in Fata Morgana (Novectacle)
The Isle (Afterthought)
Jenny LeClue (Mografi)
The Last Guardian (Team Ico)
The Messenger (Sabotage)
Metal Gear Solid (Konami)
Overcooked 2 (Team17)
Pistol Whip (Cloudhead)
Portal (Valve)
Rage 2 (id)
The Red Strings Club (Deconstructeam)
Rogue Legacy: Lament of Zors (default0)
Shadow of the Colossus (Team Ico)
Supraland (Supra)
Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco)
Trails of Cold Steel II (Nihon Falcom)
Trials Rising (RedLynx)
Wolfenstein Youngblood (MachineGames)
Yakuza 5 (Sega)

=154. (8 points)

Assassin’s Creed: Origins (Ubisoft)
Battle For Polytopia (Midjiwan)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Konami)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Konami)
Catherine: Full Body (Atlus)
Crash Team Racing (Naughty Dog)
Doom 2 (id)
Earthbound (Nintendo)
Fantasy Maiden Wars Complete (Sanbondo)
Fire Emblem: Geneaology of the Holy War (Intelligent Systems)
Forager (HopFrog)
Hunt: Showdown (Crytek)
Idle Wizard (TwoWizards)
Lost Odyssey (Mistwalker)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (Konami)
Noitu Love 2 Devolution (Joakim Sandberg)
Pic-A-Pix Deluxe (Lightwood)
Rocket League (Psyonix)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anomaly (Anomaly Developers)
Steep (Ubisoft)
Subnautica: Below Zero (Unknown Worlds)
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
Surviving Mars (Haemimont)
Timespinner (Lunar Ray)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)
Trails in the Sky SC (Nihon Falcom)
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Sega)

=140. (9 points)

Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor (Sundae Month)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (BioWare)
Druidstone: The Secret of Menhir Forest (Ctrl Alt Ninja)
FTL: Faster Than Light (Subset)
The Great Ace Attorney (Capcom)
Idolmaster Shiny Colors (Bandai Namco)
Majin Tensei (Atlus)
Minecraft: Life in the Woods Renaissance (Phedran)
Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
Sea of Thieves (Rare)
Shadow Tactics (Mimimi)
Spirit Island (Handelabra)
Void Bastards (Blue Manchu)
Yakuza 6 (Sega)

=119. (10 points)

Blaze Union (Sting)
Bloodborne (FromSoftware)
Brawl Stars (Supercell)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 (Vertigo)
Devil Daggers (Sorath)
Eliza (Zachtronics)
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (SquareEnix)
Everquest (Sony)
Heaven Will Be Mine (Pillow Fight)
Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (Nintendo)
LISA The Painful (Dingaling)
Mass Effect (BioWare)
My Summer Car (Amistech)
Observation (Graeme McKellen)
Octopath Traveler (SquareEnix)
Shatter (Sidhe)
Super Robot Wars T (B.B.)
Tales of Vesperia (Bandai Namco)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] (French Bread)
Yoku’s Island Express (Villa Gorilla)

=109. (11 points)

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout (Gust)
Days Gone (Sony)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (Team Ninja)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Capcom)
Ratchet and Clank (Insomniac)
Resident Evil 7 (Capcom)
Samurai Shodown (SNK)
Sunless Skies (Failbetter)
Tangle Tower (SFB)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Monolith)

=100. (12 points)

A House of Many Doors (Pixel Trickery)
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Arc System Works)
Blood: Fresh Supply (Nightdive)
Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian)
Final Fantasy VII (Square)
Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee (Game Freak)
Pyre (Supergiant)
What Remains of Edith Finch (Giant Sparrow)
What the Golf? (Triband)

=93. (13 points)

Eastshade (Eastshade)
Kenshi (Lo-Fi)
Life is Strange (Dontnod)
Nier: Automata (Platinum)
Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
World of Warcraft Classic (Blizzard)

=85. (14 points)

Battletech (Harebrained Schemes)
Beat Saber (Beat)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Spike Chunsoft)
Divinity: Original Sin II (Larian)
Into the Breach (Subset)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Randomizer (Nintendo)
Life is Strange 2 (Dontnod)
Metro: Exodus (4A)

=81. (15 points)

Boneworks (Stress Level Zero)
Mordhau (Triternion)
No Man’s Sky: Beyond (Hello Games)
Titanfall 2 (Respawn)

=76. (16 points)

Dark Souls (FromSoftware)
Katamari Damacy Reroll (Monkeycraft)
My Time at Portia (Pathea)
Total War: Three Kingdoms (The Creative Assembly)
Total War: Warhammer II (The Creative Assembly)

Phew, that was a lot of writing! I don’t think there’s any real surprises there though, apart from maybe the fact some people voted for Days Gone! Oh, I kid, I kid. Don’t go anywhere, folks. I will be back to kick-off this monster top 75 countdown in just a moment.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This is the numerical content I've been waiting for.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
both total war games at 76 is a suprise, I thoght the massive threads here would push them higher

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You heard it here first folks, blaze union is objectively as good as bloodborne

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Incredible post, Rarity. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings in terms of GOTY posts and nothing else because nothing else is happening today at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

You heard it here first folks, blaze union is objectively as good as bloodborne

The numbers don't lie