Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ms Adequate posted:

I just saw Latigo in that linked image and is my man toting a motherfucking gunblade?!

Finally, FF8's greatest element is getting recognition.
gun-swords have been around a bit longer than you may think. His is a revolver sword, and you can use five of the six chambers, with the last bullet saved for his traitorous squad leader when he finds him. Followup spoiler: When you do eventually finish that storyline, it opens up all six chambers to use

here's his tier 3 super keyframe animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK everyone! I will be goldmining this thread at 6:00pm GMT because it is a beautiful and wonderful thread that deserves posterity. I eagrly await 2020 and already have a game I started one day ago in the #1 spot that will be tough to beat, but you have to wait 360 days to hear about it! :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

OK everyone! I will be goldmining this thread at 6:00pm GMT

Game Man Time?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
using the final hours of this wonderful thread to say peepee poopoo rear end rear end boogers

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Glorious My Time :) (Also I have 1450 unread posts to catch up with in the ps4 thread but I have things to post!)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

peepee poopoo rear end rear end boogers

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This was a great thread and yes I must keep better track of what I play this year for the 2020 thread. Thanks Rarity!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Disco Elysium and Tetsuya Naito are officially the big winners of this weekend. Feels good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
will be interesting to see how many votes MHW: Iceborne gets on the 2020 list after the PC version comes out

man it's out in FOUR DAYYSSSSSSSS YESSSSSS

I've stayed almost entirely blind, I'm so excited

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

next year ill get blaze union into the top 100, one way or another

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Invictus posted:

will be interesting to see how many votes MHW: Iceborne gets on the 2020 list after the PC version comes out

man it's out in FOUR DAYYSSSSSSSS YESSSSSS

I've stayed almost entirely blind, I'm so excited

God I still haven't finished the original campaign :cripes:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Captain Invictus posted:

gun-swords have been around a bit longer than you may think. His is a revolver sword, and you can use five of the six chambers, with the last bullet saved for his traitorous squad leader when he finds him. Followup spoiler: When you do eventually finish that storyline, it opens up all six chambers to use

here's his tier 3 super keyframe animation

Ahahaha this owns I'm gonna have to give this game a look.

Excellent thread all, as usual Rarity proves herself one of the best posters on the forums, thank you Rarity!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I would have submitted a list but I pretty much only finished Shadowbringers and Disco Elysium last year, along with a bunch of gacha games :negative:

I did get AI: Somnium Files because of all the suggestions, and I'm deep into it so I'll make sure it makes it to my list this year, which I will hopefully remember to do.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I was surprised to see like 4 or 5 quotes out of my 7 in the top ten! I chalk that up to trying to quickly write it before the deadline tho, so any value in said quotes was most likely purely unintentional, and also shows I'm not as hipster as I thought, and I have basic rear end normie Gamer taste :/ (jk, the top games were all very good even tho Outer Wilds was robbed and after playing more Disco Elysium I've decided it's probably my goty 2020).

Ty Rarity! Good rear end effort posts, you could say . . . . . . . . . are a rarity, or at least good ones about video games are, and you also engendered lots of other effort posts, which helped me decide which games to check out next.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

All I’ve got to say is thanks again for the wonderful thread Rarity!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A good thread and good games

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I actually wonder how high Disco will rate next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A truly awesomely fun thread to read and love and hope that 2020 brings even more surprises!

Thank you everyone!
Thank you Rarity!

See you in 12 months!