Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

1) Disco Elysium. A game that effortlessly mixes gut-bursting hilarity with soul-crushing gravitas to create the best crpg, and perhaps the best narrative in history. It also has something to say, a rarity in general. Kim is my bro.
2) Celeste. What a loving game. Tightest gameplay on this list. Also has something to say. I got almost all golden berries.
3) NieR: Automata. Another game with something to say. I kept thinking about stuff from it long after finishing. I was excited to see Death Stranding but it ended up coming across like Kojima huffing his own farts too much for me (probably will still play it on PC but I was disappointed). In contrast, this is a game with that Japanese weirdness that does it to perfection. Combat is ok I guess.
4) Sekiro. Just wonderful. Being a shinobi is incredibly fun, and I love parry based gameplay.
5) Control. A neat little story, great world building, wonderful direction. Pretty shallow compared to others, though. Had fun with the exploratory gameplay too, I like the trend of games not giving you directions btw.
6) Hitman 2. Had a bunch of fun with this one.
7) CS:GO. I always end up coming back to this game. Best MP game ever.
8) Deep Rock Galactic. Great fun with friends!

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Did anyone play that game as not Kass?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Like, are we even sure the other choice actually works in the main menu?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

good

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Whats noita, sounds hard ,should I play it

it's like a roguelike of the pixel physics demonstrations you saw everywhere in 1997

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

God i wish my ancient piece of poo poo computer could run this stupid game!!!!!!! OH WELL!!! Can't wait till it comes to consoles and I can finally find out how it's better than Outer wilds and Sekiro somehow????

I can't speak for Outer Wilds, and I loving LOVED every second of Sekiro, but it's not even a contest between it and DE. It is something unearthly.

Kinda like Rarity, thanks for making this thread. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I actually wonder how high Disco will rate next year.