Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Heavy Metal posted:

Those chatroom guys said troubling stuff, they pulled a Kevin Hart and whatnot, I know, but they didn't all do that. And I think it's a cool game. And some of them are cool from what I can tell. But also genuinely I get it if you boycott it, I just think the story of it isn't as simple as portrayed in this thread. We're talking about people with families, not everyone involved is a bigot, and it gets boiled down to a villainous hate entity. They did mess up, and a couple of them said something lovely, but I think some of the team is good cool people, having talked to them. And not in a Trump kind of way. The publisher/producer even donated to charity.

But I get it, I care about those human rights issues too, I just had to make my one post defending the game, and some of the people involved. I clearly respect the integrity of this game voting topic too much, so I had to go through this to say this is a great game. People can make up their own mind, they can see Jumanji, buy Chinatown or Mad Max on home video, or boycott them. But let's give each other the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure we all mean well.

you absolute idiot, this is pathetic

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Heavy Metal posted:

No, it's not. I care about the people involved, and also trans people, and gay people, I give a drat about everybody. So it's a feelbad situation, but I care enough to talk about it. I care. Empathy and whatnot. I don't know what you think your post is doing, but it's not helping anybody.

yea sorry you're right, really it's just a feelbad situation all around, being an enabler of alt-right homophobia and transphobia is totally understandable, because the truth is in the middle, and I'm sure they meant well when they derided SJWs and trans people publically, because after they got called on it the company made a donation to charity before the devs in question reversed their apology, which you know, shows empathy and whatnot

You are literally an enabler for harmful people, you don't understand empathy, and you are most certainly not an ally of anyone you vacillating imbecile

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Heavy Metal posted:

What is that supposed to mean? You don't know me, there's nothing hateful or negative about me. I'm not a bad guy, and you're being a jerk. People can make up their own mind about some indie video game and whether or not to boycott the dev.

actually, based on your posts in this thread, you are in fact a bad guy

Get out.