Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Saint Freak posted:

Time to spam multiple Top 10 lists where it's just Fire 'n Ice for the NES in all spots over and over.

Word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Shout outs to Below for having a killer soundtrack, Final Fantasy XIII for teaching me the joy of paradigms, Red Dead Redemption 2 for being way too loving long, Pathologic 2 for running like trash on console, Outer Wilds and Death Stranding for probably appearing on next year's list, and Dragon Quest IV for still being the best game of all time.

10. Shining Force
You may have heard that Adam, despite being a piece of poo poo when he joins you in the penultimate chapter, is supposedly one of the strongest members of the Force if you take the time to properly level him. Well, I took that time, and it turns out that he's less good than Max, Tao, Arthur, Anri, Zylo, Lyle, Bleu, Musashi, Alef, Torasu, and Hanzou. That leaves one slot for Adam, which I wish I had given to Domingo instead, as he was still arguably better despite missing out on the XP from the 40 frickin battles it took to make Adam not suck. gently caress you, Adam.

9. Celeste
Played the hell out of this for one day when it dropped on GwG and never went back to it. I should go back to it...I'm just happy the Untitled Story guy is finally getting buzz.

8. What Remains of Edith Finch
Played the hell out of this for one day when it dropped on PS+ and completed it. Depressingly neat!

7. Yoku's Island Express
Between a recent addiction to video pinball and a lifelong addiction to Metroidvanias, this game had me at hello. All the backtracking was wearing thin by the end, but I still happily 100%ed it.

6. Nier: Automata
Great looking game, amazing soundtrack, engaging story...I really wish the combat was more fun.

5. Spider Man
Prototype except good!

4. Baba Is You
I can't get enough of solving a puzzle and briefly feeling like the smartest person on earth before the next puzzle reminds me that I'm the dumbest motherfucker who has ever lived, and boy does this game deliver a lot of that! Assuming I don't get permanently stuck...

3. Slay the Spire
I've barely scratched the surface of this, I haven't even won with the Silent yet, but I can already tell that this is one of my forever games, and I'm looking forward to countless hours of frustration.

2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
It's the unofficial sequel to Dawn of Sorrow, and jank aside, it's every bit as good as I'd hoped it would be. Kill those murderers dead!

1. Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 (PS4)
I didn't like this at all when I first played on PC - the keyboard commands tattooed on my brain from the first game no longer worked, forced paging through the ingredient list was irritating, and scaling back the restaurant management mode in favor of freelancing was a drag. But this was definitely designed with a controller in mind, and chasing gold medals turned out to be as addicting as anything else I played this year. Sorry, Die Hardman and Giant's Deep, I'll be visiting you again in 2020, but this creme brulee ain't gonna burn itself. Only ~30-120 golds left to go! gently caress you, Contrast Coffee!