Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best way to travel?
Planes are the best and most efficient means of travel
I don't do planes because I have some weird hangup about passing through security
I don't do planes because I like to see the country and take forever
I don't do planes because I <checks gokupedia> use my ki energy to fly
View Results

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I just flew from New Orleans to Seattle with a layover in Denver, and I've got some really good tips:

- Don't pack your keys in your bag. Even if you aren't checking a bag, there's a chance you might be the last group to board a full flight and they make you check your bag at the gate. That way, even if they lose your bag (which you didn't want to check, anyway) you can still drive home.

- Don't unknowingly drop your bag claim ticket while fishing out your credit card to pay for an in-flight double Wild Turkey and diet Coke. That way, even if they lose your bag (which you didn't want to check, anyway), they can enter the info and find it, and not say "there's no record of you even checking a bag."

- Leave at least 10 percent power on your phone in case an emergency happens. Don't let your phone die because you are watching the Giants-Eagles game and it goes into overtime. That way, if the airline loses your luggage (which you didn't want to check, anyway) and you arrive at your off-site parked car before realizing you don't have keys, you don't have to roam the murderous streets of Sea-Tac at night, desperately trying to find someone who will loan you their cell phone so you can call your wife and have her set up a Lyft.

It's uh, it's been a long day. Share your flying/travel tips or weird stories here, so I feel better.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I did about 70,000 miles this year, best tip I can give is get TSA Precheck and/or CLEAR

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If flying American Airlines wear a "Hail Satan" t-shirt yo :v:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lesson learned from my recent flight to Vancouver. Don't pack a memory foam pillow in your carry on cause they look all crazy when they get scanned and then TSA pulls you aside even if you're white.

Also accidentally brought a tiny pocket knife that I forgot was in my backpack and TSA at LAX didn't get it but they hella got me in Canada and I was scared I was gonna have to go to Canada jail

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Another good tip is if you fly regularly pick an airline and get status, get the credit card that gets you into their lounge. Pooping in an airport is pretty bad, pooping in a lounge is much much better.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

Another good tip is if you fly regularly pick an airline and get status, get the credit card that gets you into their lounge. Pooping in an airport is pretty bad, pooping in a lounge is much much better.

The regular new orleans airport toilets had plastic over them that cycles out with each use, so it's fresh. But what if I wanted to get butt cooties? They didn't even give me the option!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Change the time on your phone etc to your destination timezone as soon as you get on the plane and immediately start acting like you're already there. If it's past bedtime, try to get at least a couple hours of sleep in.

Plan your outfit for the flight like you're 100% sure that the plane is gonna be uncomfortably hot and bring a comfy sweater/jacket/etc in case it isn't.

Play sim city 2000

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Pretty good posted:

Play sim city 2000

Got that catchyass midi stuck in my head again.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Never pack anything in your checked baggage you want to keep.

Don't put your medication in your checked bag like a dumbass.

Get a portable charger so you aren't the dumbass wandering around looking for a socket for your 4 year old phone that only holds a charge for 45 min.

Get decent headphones.

Don't gate check your bag with your wallet in it or you'll be like the person on Friday who was looking for their bag and started getting alerts from bestbuy that someone was trying to use their card lol.

Get TSA precheck / global entry.

Bags get stolen all the time so good luck getting any airline to give a poo poo about it lol.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't pet the detector dogs

don't buy a generic black suitcase that is loving unidentifiable in a sea of generic black suitcases (even if it doesn't get lost. which it will)

don't get really drunk on free booze and be hungover and dehydrated by the time you land.

don't answer calls after you order an uber when you've arrived. And if you, do never cancel it yourself no matter what excuse those fucks come up with. they're not allowed to ask you where you're going and will try to get you to eat the cancellation fee/rating hit if they don't like where you want to go.

don't piss all over the floor/seat/roof of the plane bathrooms. if you do, man up and wipe it up.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Make sure you quadruple-check your carry-on before you bring it to the airport for weird poo poo and especially don't bring your DIY extended laptop batteries

If you want an easier time with airport security, make sure you're a white man before you go through (if you do this you might even be able to keep your diy battery pack)

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do pack a pen to fill in international arrival cards. do remember to put in in your seat pocket when you board. do lend it to filthy casuals who watch you like a very hopeful hawk as you fill in your card

do drink lots of water

do happily get up if someone needs to get out from your row, stretching your legs is good and you should do it often

do choose the line at security with the least old people, boomers and (don't probe me) mainland chinese tourists in it. they will forget 17 prohibited items, one at a time

do find your airports website/app for updated departure notices, but check a board now and then for fucks sake so you don't cause 300 people to wait 20 minutes because you missed a gate change

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I will double up on the portable charger comment above, earlier this year I was on an eleven hour forty five minute flight from the UK to Phoenix (important because if it had been a twelve hour flight it would have been business class. gently caress). There were no charging ports in the seats, just headphone ports.

By the time we landed I had depleted the batteries of my laptop and my tablet with my phone soon to follow.

Also if you are entering the US using an ESTA, they will not email you confirmation, you need to check that fucker in a really narrow window to ensure it was approved. Do not ever forget to check during that window then arrive after a near 12 hour flight with that niggling feeling in the back of your head that maybe they are going to tell you to gently caress off when you try to enter the country.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Bloody Marys taste amazing at altitude. I don't like them otherwise.

Get to the airport 3 hours early, 4 if international. If you're an anxiety ridden mess like I am.

Pay the extra money to Southwest to ensure you board in the As.

Air New Zealand if you have to go to that part of the world. Their food is good and they're nice.

I always pack a 4 pack of Hawaiian rolls, some packaged meat slices, and a few string cheese because food is good and calming.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber posted:

Get to the airport 3 hours early, 4 if international. If you're an anxiety ridden mess like I am.

I aim for 1h20m before departure international and 40m domestic and even then that amount of time in Sydney kills me on a bi-monthly basis. Airport and airplane time is dead sad time to me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sweatpants.
Aisle seats.
Wear a mask over your mouth/nose. You don't want to be breathing in all those nasty germs.
Bring wipes and wipe the tray and the armrests.

Don't wear shorts or flip flops.
Don't wear a fragrance.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Make sure all of your important/expensive poo poo is in a backpack that can fit under the seat. Seriously, if it's bigger than that and you can't afford to lose it, either spring for a more expensive ticket or loving ship it with insurance.

Buy a decent charging block.

If you're a smoker, buy some gum or patches. Going through security on a connection so you can step outside is a royal pain in the rear end, just go to Walgreens beforehand.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Drunk Nerds posted:

- Leave at least 10 percent power on your phone in case an emergency happens. Don't let your phone die because you are watching the Giants-Eagles game and it goes into overtime. That way, if the airline loses your luggage (which you didn't want to check, anyway) and you arrive at your off-site parked car before realizing you don't have keys, you don't have to roam the murderous streets of Sea-Tac at night, desperately trying to find someone who will loan you their cell phone so you can call your wife and have her set up a Lyft.

You'd think your stalker could at least have lent you one of their burner phones, if not dropped you off somewhere themselves.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Sweatpants.
Aisle seats.
Wear a mask over your mouth/nose. You don't want to be breathing in all those nasty germs.
Bring wipes and wipe the tray and the armrests.

Don't wear shorts or flip flops.
Don't wear a fragrance.

Lol charming

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coasterphreak posted:

If you're a smoker, buy some gum or patches. Going through security on a connection so you can step outside is a royal pain in the rear end, just go to Walgreens beforehand.

On the other hand if you're traveling somewhere via the USA to connect (like Mexico or Canada) - don't worry - there is no such thing as international transit in the US for some dumb reason and you'll have to clear customs and can leave/return to the outside of the airport as you'd like, if you have time.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Only complete loving assholes fly on a semi regular basis so I wouldn't know OP

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Barcelona airport and Barcelona Girona airport are completely different airports, in different cities.

It takes about 3 hours to get from one airport to the other, including a subway, inter-city train and ideally a cab driver who steps on it.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Fruits of the sea posted:

Barcelona airport and Barcelona Girona airport are completely different airports, in different cities.

It takes about 3 hours to get from one airport to the other, including a subway, inter-city train and ideally a cab driver who steps on it.

Yeah, you should always research where you are actually flying if you fly low-cost airlines because they avoid "main" airports to save costs. Its the same story with Paris Bouvet, Kiev Zhulyany or Amsterdam that flies to Rotterdam lol.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
If you need it immediately or you can't afford to lose it, keep it on your person
If you need it in 48 hours, put it in your carry-on
Everything else can go in your checked luggage

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

For the love of all things holy please DO NOT bring hot food onto the plane to eat.

I was on a flight a few months ago and someone brought Popeye's Chicken on there. I love that chicken but it stunk up the entire plane and the entire flight had a vaguely peppery smell to it.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Always remember - United Breaks Guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, you should always research where you are actually flying if you fly low-cost airlines because they avoid "main" airports to save costs. Its the same story with Paris Bouvet, Kiev Zhulyany or Amsterdam that flies to Rotterdam lol.

Also note Avalon Airport (Melbourne) is not Melbourne Airport if doing cheap domestic transfers in Australia.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

StabMasterArson posted:

:hmmyes:

If you fly or take Uber you're a pos

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

StabMasterArson posted:

We get it, you like trains.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So during my university years my ex-girlfriend was going to university at a university on the other side of the country. As such we spent half the year apart and the other half staying at one anothers place during breaks. She was in a capital city that was about 5 hours flight (plus layovers) away. This is the dot points of the massive misadventure I got into on my first trip down to see her family, and my second ever flight without family or friends (first was the trip down :/). I warn you it's a pretty long one because it spanned close to 24 hours me of going non-stop.

• After a couple of weeks away my flight back was 2 days before Uni started back up, it was a late afternoon flight that was intended to get me home at about 10ish that night. My ex, her mother and teenaged brother dropped me off at the airport to see me off onto the plane. We arrive at the airport two hours early for my flight. After parking we entered the terminal to find it packed to the brim with people, they were EVERYWHERE. Massive queues at each check in counter and masses of people sitting in group or proped up against walls or pillars with their luggage looking worried/mad/lost. The queue is moving at a decent rate though so Ex and I get in the queue while her mother and brother wait for us.

• While we are in the queue she jumps on the phone and discovers that a fibre optic cable at the airport was accidentally cut during some works. This has killed the airline that I was on across the country as this airport was their hub. They only have manual check by staff at the counters and no computer systems. Still after 20min in the queue to find out WTF is going on (cause I paid a decent whack of dosh for my ticket) a staff member announces via megaphone that a number of flights are cancelled and if people are able to delay their flights for 2 or 3 days they will have a hotline for people to re-book flights once systems are restored. In retrospect I should have followed this offer, the Ex and her mother said I could stay with their family for another few days no worries; but I was determined to get back on time for class.

• ONE HOUR IN THE QUEUE. We get to the front, I get checked in and my baggage taken from me. Yes my flight is still leaving as scheduled at the moment, go on through security. We grab her mum and brother and I say my goodbyes. Mum and Ex say no way they are staying till I'm on the flight in case something goes wrong. We go through security together and find a cafe to have coffee in. No digital displays are up for any flights. The time of my flight arrives and a plane docks at the loading gate, people file off. A staff member announces they will prep the flight out but it will take some time because they need the manually check baggage for transferring flights.

• ONE HOUR LATER. My flight should be departing, we haven't bordered. No staff have given us any updates. A few minutes later a staff member appears and announces this flight is now going to a different city as it is fully booked and they're behind schedule. Please move to a different gate where our flight will be ready within the hour.

• ONE HOUR LATER. Nothing, no plane even at this gate. Ex's mum calls home and tells her husband what is going on, he suggests we go back and ask for my bag back and leave. No problem in keeping me for another few days while this poo poo is sorted. I'm an idiot and say "It can't be much longer :downs:"

• ONE AND A HALF HOURS LATER. We've now been here for 4.5 hours. A staff member comes to announce the flight is about to land, once they have disembarked we can board! This process takes another 3/4's of an hour but I manage to say my goodbyes, hug the mum, shake the brothers hand, have the tearful goodbye kiss with the ex while I gently caress off for the eternity that is 4 whole months (shits long when you're 18 and in love) I sit on the plane for another hour before it takes off three and a half hours after it should have. About a half hour in I phone the Ex who is still with mum and brother at the gate juuust in case we all get kicked off and told to leave, apparently they asked someone at the desk why the flight hadn't left yet and were told apparently they were debating if its worth sending the flight as it won't arrive at the destination till 11:30ish. I tell them to go and if I have to I will let them know if it is cancled and find my own way back to their place. (Their parking ended up being over $100 dollary doos) The flight it self wasn't too bad. Got free booze, free movies and free meals (main and desert PLUS like 5 bags of pretzels!) because they staff felt bad for all the poo poo people were going through. Eventually the flight touches down at about 11:30 as predicted and everyone shuffles off.

• DO YOU THINK IT ENDS THERE? I HOPED IT DID! BUT NO: As I get off I head a staff member requesting anyone with connecting flights to a small list including my destination to please move to the side. She points out being 11:30 at night no more flights domestically will be departing (that's Australia for ya! No regional flights after 10pm!) and we will all be booked into tomorrow. Please collect out bags at check out and make our way to a bus outside, the airline is giving us accommodation at a hotel in the city for the night. The bus ride in plus checking into rooms at what was now midnight was surprisingly painless, and we got told the airline had paid for late night room service so we all got early bird breakfast meals (the dinner menu finished at 11pm and breakfast menu started at 1am but the chef made an exception for us. I ordered the pancake stack with ice-cream strawberries whipped cream and syrup, it was nice :3) There was only about 10 of us so the now very haggard looking airline lady (who was staying in the same hotel) told us all our flight times individually before we went upstairs, mine was at 7am.

• ONE SMALL ISSUE HERE! The hotel bus only leaves every 3 hours, so 12-3-6-9-12-3-6-9-etc etc. We were warned the issues with the airline may not be fixed and to get the earliest trip we could in. SO I now had this nice hotel room and early breakfast FOR THREE HOURS before I had to be outside on the bus BACK TO THE AIRPORT to make sure I could get my flight. I ended up deciding to have a change of clothes so after the food arrived I opened my suit case to find that the jars of tomato relish I brought as a gift for my mother had been shattered. So now there were shards of glass, which luckily were mostly kept in place by the tight packing, and sauce all through my clothing. I washed what I could with the machine and dryer in the room and tossed all the glass. I then ate my breakfast and no kidding spent the next hour just sitting on the floor of the hot shower with the door open and a big mug of black coffee outside next to me trying to focus up. I packed everything and made it onto the bus downstairs for the trip back to the airport.

• When I get to the airport it's bad but not awful like the previous day, obviously their systems are still down. The queue is already nearing the entry point so I quickly duck in and hope to get through poo poo quickly. It actually goes quite well and within an hour of standing I make it to check in the lady working there is friendly enough and checks me in, but I still have my bag. "Oh," she says "You need to go through bag drop for that sorry, they have all the luggage checking paper work." So glad I got there early, into the long rear end bag check line I go for ANOTHER hour. Get to the front, had over the pass annnnnd NOPE. "Sorry mate, bag check is only doing flights south. If you're on the flight North you need to drop your bag off when you check in." And he points to the hand written sign I apparently missed because of the sea of people. Back over to the other, now much more massive queue I go.

• I am in this loving queue and have been queuing for just over 3 hours now. I've nearly been awake for 24hrs straight and am being kept going by a bad cocktail of sugar, booze and coffee. Lucky there were two cute backpackers behind me in the queue and they were nice to talk to while I waited. The queue is slow and I try to be helpful by looking after their bags and place in the queue so they can get a bathroom break or grab a coffee from a cafe outside. This pays off because as I am nearing the front of the queue I see a sign with cut-off times for baggage checks for flights written on it. My flight is on it, it leaves in about 45min and cut off is in 15min. I'm close to the front but still probably another quater of an hour away. Oh gently caress I realise I'm going to miss this flight.

• So SUDDENLY I do something I'm surprised that 18 year old me was capable of doing. I actually remember it REALLY vividly. I recognise that the lady who served me earlier is now over at priority check-in, you know the one used by 1st class guests and rich rear end fuckers in business suits. It's literally just a duck under the rope and a few short meters over to her. I turn to the backpackers and ask them if they could please watch my bag I won't be a minute. I duck under the rope and walk straight over to the priority counter staring straight at this lady, a murmur of some dude behind me in the line about some "kid cutting in." reaches my ear and I just hold up a single finger at him while I speak to the woman. I ask if she remembers me "Yes/", I ask if the cut off times board is accurate "Yes it is." I point out I've spent the last day being hosed about by the airline and would really just like to go home, can she PLEASE check my bags for me "Where are they?" Just over there I say and point with my free hand. "Ok dear, if you run over and grab them I will get them in for you." I ignore the guy behind me still complaining and walk back over to the backpackers who are watching with wide eyes, I thank them for their help wish them a good trip and grab my back and start walking back over to the priority lanes. The man in the suit, who I assume was the one complaining, starts walking forward towards the lady behind the desk. I remember almost yelling "Mate you wait right there for a minute while I get my bags in, if they don't go on right now they miss my flight home." as this bloke as I walk towards him. He steps up, in his suit and tie with his little carry on baggy and glasses and says he will call security how dare I act in such a manner. I was now between the counter and him, I turn to the counter and put my bag on the belt for it to go on and hand the pass to the lady. I turn back to Mr Suit and say "I've spent the last day just trying to get home, you do not wanna gently caress with me today." with what I assume was a face of pure rage and terror. I turn back to the counter, sweetly and sincerely as possible thank the lady for her help and go to run through security to get to my flight.

• Lucky for me security is only another few meters away from the priority check in, apparently the security bloke watched my "performance" and was impressed enough to rush me through so I could get on my flight. I had to run to make it to boarding and arrived about 5min before the closed the gate. I think I passed out on the flight home because I remember a hostess politely telling me we had landed.

That's my long rear end story goons. It was actually a big adventure event for young me, so it sticks in my mind clearly over 10 years later. Thanks to anyone that actually read the whole thing.

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

I had surgery the day before a flight once. I popped a Percocet in the boarding line and then, like magic, I was suddenly in Dallas. Ever since then I have -never- flown sober and it's greatly improved my travel experience

Do drugs op

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
They found my bag! I can pick it up today and they're giving me a $150 voucher.

How much poo poo do you think the people at the lost bag desk have to put up with every day? I tried to be as nice as possible because they totes had PTSD faces.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
don’t buy one. buy two of these sick puppies.

AUKEY Power Delivery Power Bank, 10000mAh PD Power Bank, Slimline 18W USB-C Portable Charger with Quick Charge 3.0 Compatible iPhone 11/11Pro/Xs/XS Max, Pixel, Samsung, Nintendo Switch etc. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Z4RHZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Z967DbSKJ8896

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

For the love of all things holy please DO NOT bring hot food onto the plane to eat.

I was on a flight a few months ago and someone brought Popeye's Chicken on there. I love that chicken but it stunk up the entire plane and the entire flight had a vaguely peppery smell to it.

one time I got some thai peanut sauce stuff right before the flight and didn't even finish it, it just sat under the seat of the person in front of me. I still feel bad about it but I was in a real foul mood that day and I think I genuinely embraced it as a small act of interpersonal aggression.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Drunk Nerds posted:

They found my bag! I can pick it up today and they're giving me a $150 voucher.

You actually got something nice in return for their fuckup? What kind of magical wonderland do you live in, OP? When an airline lost my bags once and didn't get them back to me until 2 days later all I got was a cheap sorry.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Just keep yourself going with mind-games. Took me 27 hours to get to Prague.

I have an Instagram dedicated to pubes stuck to urinals. I collected a lot of content between two airports, two planes, and two train stations :thumbsup:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ritznit posted:

You actually got something nice in return for their fuckup? What kind of magical wonderland do you live in, OP?

I know, right?

pogi posted:

I had surgery the day before a flight once. I popped a Percocet in the boarding line and then, like magic, I was suddenly in Dallas. Ever since then I have -never- flown sober and it's greatly improved my travel experience

Do drugs op

This is a great tip, but I don't really even need help. I have twin hyperactive boys. I can spend hours on a flight just quietly staring at the headrest in front of me and enjoying being able to complete a thought for once.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
don’t check bags on anything other than a direct flight. Use a large duffel bag/carryon + large backpack (that fits “under your seat”) is enough for a good size trip and avoids baggage claim n poo poo. I haven’t checked anything in in so long bc the hassle of having lost poo poo before was scarring

being a giant forearm-size burrito and an extremely large oversized empty water bottle that you fill up after security and don’t have to rely on a 2pz dinky cup from attendants. I also bring an empty thermos to fill with coffee after security. Munch on burrito which actually tastes good

If you want better airplane food, request a halal meal in advance. Often you get really good chicken curry/masala over basmati rice instead of a lovely cheap cut of dried-out ham/chicken and some mushy broccoli. Vegetarian can be hit or miss

Also bring lots of edibles / thc dermal patches, airports don’t give a gently caress and I’ve constantly flown with thc tinctures and edibles without issue because they do not care as long s it not like a giant dank bag of bud. (get thc mints or gummies and put em in an Altoids container if you’re paranoid and zone out for 5-14 hrs. )

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Just get on a crowded commuter train/bus at rush hour. Same travel experience but at a fraction of the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gleebster posted:

Just get on a crowded commuter train/bus at rush hour. Same travel experience but at a fraction of the cost.

I ride the train to work everyday and it’s p awful but at least it’s over in 40 minutes. Planes are packed but not rear end to rear end sardine cans

But flights are stupidly cheap right now. A direct flight from SFO to London is like $270 on air norwegian

In fact I’m posting from 30,000 in the air right now on air norwegian flying back home to San Francisco after 10 days in BoJo buffoon Island. WiFi sucks but atl least it’s free which is better than those lovely bogogogingoinflight garbage. ‘Twas fun trip tho