Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The 4th Shovel Knight campaign is finally, finally coming out today. I stopped following it after the big delay but I'm excited nonetheless. It's been nearly 3 years since Specter of Torment came out, here's hoping we get something great out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Finally 😩

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

releases the day i fly out of the country for a month 😞

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

Finally 😩

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

ftmfw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I believe if you don't own Treasure Trove the price jumps from $25 to $40 after this comes out. I only had it on 3DS so I'm gonna rebuy it now methinks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is gonna be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Woo woo!! Is the smash brothers game out too with this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Woo woo!! Is the smash brothers game out too with this

Yep

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I bought it on switch last week in preparation. Replayed the first few stages of the base game and it's just a very good game

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Dust off my wii U or rebuy on switch.......

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Should be out any time now...

https://yachtclubgames.com/2019/12/update-forecast-info/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Dust off my wii U or rebuy on switch.......

i feel guilty not giving them more money for all these games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's out restart steam

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Only played Showdown so far but it's really fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The card game is kinda weird, hopefully it expands as the game goes on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

The card game is kinda weird, hopefully it expands as the game goes on.

It’s cool imo, reminds me a little of Triple Triad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait to play this tonight. i cant believe its been almost 3 years since spectre??? what?!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I haven't played since it was only the original campaign so this is an epic gamers treat

edit: I really can't stop playing showdown though. Shield Knight rules

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 11, 2019

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im so glad to be back with shovel knight

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I haven't played since it was only the original campaign so this is an epic gamers treat

edit: I really can't stop playing showdown though. Shield Knight rules

i played the shovel knight character story and its cool how his and her moves interact, even going against each other, just like in the final campaign battle

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
never played shovel knight before so now seems like a good time :cheers:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

never played shovel knight before so now seems like a good time :cheers:

It was always a good time :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

im so glad to be back with shovel knight

its so good. the levels are shorter but theres lots of them, feels a lot like mario world. this game rules

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

its so good. the levels are shorter but theres lots of them, feels a lot like mario world. this game rules

i forgot until now they intended this to be an easier campaign, cuz king knights such a loser doofus

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

i forgot until now they intended this to be an easier campaign, cuz king knights such a loser doofus

The charge/spinjump mechanic is so simple but also infinitely satisfying when you're chaining them together. These guys have a really really keen sense of the goomba stomp ; can't imagine what's next now that they're finally done w this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shovel Knight 2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

The charge/spinjump mechanic is so simple but also infinitely satisfying when you're chaining them together. These guys have a really really keen sense of the goomba stomp ; can't imagine what's next now that they're finally done w this game

they looked at everyone doing the shovel knight ducktales pogo hop on every boss and asked themselves how to make the game focus on that even more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i tried card fighting "cardia" on the airship and she soundly defeated me probably 15 times in a row and then i closed the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

very gld you can ignore the card game completely. i'm uhh, not good at it

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Yeah i think i’ve mainly won by luck.

Not sure about the short levels. Feels like everything’s a puzzle.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This game is loving incredible.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

i tried card fighting "cardia" on the airship and she soundly defeated me probably 15 times in a row and then i closed the game

Lol yeah I just got rolled 5 times in a row before coming here to post this. She doesn't even have special cards or boss powers like Black Knight I think her AI is just tuned really hard . The "win in 1 turn" puzzles you can do in the tavern are also very difficult

edit: I love this game btw. When I'm done should I do Spectre Knight or Plague Knight next,?

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 11, 2019

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

Lol yeah I just got rolled 5 times in a row before coming here to post this. She doesn't even have special cards or boss powers like Black Knight I think her AI is just tuned really hard . The "win in 1 turn" puzzles you can do in the tavern are also very difficult

edit: I love this game btw. When I'm done should I do Spectre Knight or Plague Knight next,?

plague knight is what really made me fall in love with the game but a lot of people think hes too wild

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

didn't even realize it finally had a set release date until a few days ago. definitely gonna start playing through it if i have time tomorrow.

goferchan posted:

i preferred Plague but both are pretty ftw, can't go wrong either way

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Plague is pretty polarizing but if it clicks you'll have a blast. They're all incredibly good.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

each time he grabs the ring at the end of the level i get a shock thinking he’s about to fall into the pit below instead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

You can't go wrong either way. Every campaign is gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shovel Knight is great!!!