Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

alright i think i have this straight

hum says me or hal
quid says me or amni
amni says sandwolf
i say hal or sandwolf
sandwolf says hal (and amni?)
hal says ??? but probably me

imo its between me and hal since we've each got 3 willing voters. i'd prefer hal lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

We have minimal consensus on who we think is scum. We are on an even number day.

No lynching ought be a viable option since there isnt *anyone* that isnt suspected by someone.

It keeps the victim pool for nihhtkill large, making it less likely the scum find the doc, and gives us another night where the doc might potentially block the night kill and get us a confirmed townie.

Not really strong on this, but I think I'd prefer ot to a last minute figure out who to lynch when no one has said anything doll for the majority of the day.

I thought about this, but I don't know. At this point there's not really any low-info players left (except I guess Hal and me) and even then both of us have given opinions. Feels like a gamble.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

He dropped off of Hal real quick, too

it was a decent post and anyway him saying that he'd vote sandwolf changed the circumstances of my analysis, and put sandy on the table for me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Steak posted:

you think scum doesnt want to know who the doc is? i think it'd benefit town minimally in comparison.

um? yeah and one of those two was myself. lol in what way is that scummy

This is.. inconsistent with what you said earlier:

Mr. Steak posted:

no because you (Hal) tried to push for a last minute vote switch along with sandwolf. one of you is scum, i dont buy a bus with that vote, i think scum thought they could pull off a swerve. this game is practically over

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought about this, but I don't know. At this point there's not really any low-info players left (except I guess Hal and me) and even then both of us have given opinions. Feels like a gamble.

This is actually one of the reasons I was willing to suggest. There isnt really a lurker they can kill off, and if they did, they would be eliminating someone that people are suspicious of that isnt them.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

no because you tried to push for a last minute vote switch along with sandwolf. one of you is scum, i dont buy a bus with that vote, i think scum thought they could pull off a swerve. this game is practically over

FWIW I don't think this was scum trying to pull off a last minute hail mary.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

This is actually one of the reasons I was willing to suggest. There isnt really a lurker they can kill off, and if they did, they would be eliminating someone that people are suspicious of that isnt them.

Well the obvious lurker choice would be Hal, but if Hal isn't the last scum that definitely clears things up for a lot of us.

As I type this I realize the easy choice would be for scum to kill me or Quid, the players most of us seem the least suspicious of (at least in my case because I know I'm town) and leave Hal alone so they can try to push him tomorrow. :stare:

ok im done trying to put myself in scum's shoes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think we should not nolunch, Hum’s post above explains the negative value in trying to reverse engineer a scum NK. This isn’t MYLO, right? With 1 scum left? 6 alive? Why would we no lunch

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I think we should not nolunch, Hum’s post above explains the negative value in trying to reverse engineer a scum NK. This isn’t MYLO, right? With 1 scum left? 6 alive? Why would we no lunch

Like I said, to shoot for a doc protect and reduce the chances of the doc being night killed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

This is.. inconsistent with what you said earlier:

i was talking about my suspicions in the 2nd post you quoted.

i was talking about the post quid was talking about in the 1st post you quoted

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I think no lunch would be a bad idea the more I think about it. Maybe if we flip a town today and the doctor manages to block the kill tonight we can talk about it tomorrow

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Well the obvious lurker choice would be Hal, but if Hal isn't the last scum that definitely clears things up for a lot of us.

As I type this I realize the easy choice would be for scum to kill me or Quid, the players most of us seem the least suspicious of (at least in my case because I know I'm town) and leave Hal alone so they can try to push him tomorrow. :stare:

ok im done trying to put myself in scum's shoes

To clarify my stance, I dont care *who* gets nightkilled here today. If anyone does it will remove one subject of suspicion and/or give us insight into whose reads are honest. I'm not thinking the nightkill will be of a specific person, rather there isnt a 'good choice' for the scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah it seems silly to no-lynch, I'd rather be the one killed than go that way

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

PMush was such a weird NK choice the more I think about it

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I think no lunch would be a bad idea the more I think about it. Maybe if we flip a town today and the doctor manages to block the kill tonight we can talk about it tomorrow

If the doc blocks a kill after we lynch we will be at an odd number and should absolutely lynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sandwolf posted:

Alternatively, would Steak have claimed that other people picked up on breadcrumbs if he knew no one else had done so

How would he have known this? I’m not understanding your reasoning for this line of questioning. Can you explain what you’re thinking with all this, Sand?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

PMush was such a weird NK choice the more I think about it

TNL and PMush were both not very invested in the game so I assume the scum is someone who would rather keep the game as good as possible than doing the best strategic move.

Respect.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

TNL and PMush were both not very invested in the game so I assume the scum is someone who would rather keep the game as good as possible than doing the best strategic move.

Respect.

Agreed.

They are who I would have wanted NKd if I were scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I was considering it as if Steak was scum: would it make sense for steak to say “I’m sure other people saw these breadcrumbs” if he knew the whole thing was a crock of poo poo? Probably not, unless he was just hoping we wouldn’t look too into it.

As opposed to it being sincere, Steak as town: he honestly saw breadcrumbs and figured if he saw breadcrumbs other people saw them too

(the latter makes more sense to me but steak’s opening day play feels kinda desperate to end the game)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I've got about 10 minutes till i leave for fancy dinner with the family.

##vote Hal

I am on board with no lynching if the town wants it, but if people are against it, steak and hal have the most overlap, and of the two I lean towards hal more.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TNL was probably a veteran strike, PMush was an equitable decision I reckon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

To be fair I have not bothered to look for the breadcrumbs so perhaps I am playing right into scum hands

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

I've got about 10 minutes till i leave for fancy dinner with the family.

##vote Hal

I am on board with no lynching if the town wants it, but if people are against it, steak and hal have the most overlap, and of the two I lean towards hal more.

Oh no how could you

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh no how could you

You knew it would happen one day Hal.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

(but steak’s opening day play feels kinda desperate to end the game)

i guess i was a little too excited, yeah. but we just need to nail one more scum i wasnt wrong. the game could very well end today

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I was considering it as if Steak was scum: would it make sense for steak to say “I’m sure other people saw these breadcrumbs” if he knew the whole thing was a crock of poo poo? Probably not, unless he was just hoping we wouldn’t look too into it.

As opposed to it being sincere, Steak as town: he honestly saw breadcrumbs and figured if he saw breadcrumbs other people saw them too

(the latter makes more sense to me but steak’s opening day play feels kinda desperate to end the game)

But a misdunk wouldn’t end the game? I’m still not following your logic. Shouldn’t that also be a town read for steak?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yes for the time being I think he is town. If there were no breadcrumbs, doc could come out & say “I’m doc this is bullshit” and we would have our last scum.

(there are other explanations but I’m using Occam’s razor on this one)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Yes for the time being I think he is town. If there were no breadcrumbs, doc could come out & say “I’m doc this is bullshit” and we would have our last scum.

(there are other explanations but I’m using Occam’s razor on this one)

Steak has yet to say whether or not he actually knows who the doc is

I don’t think there were breadcrumbs, I think he was hoping the doctor might out themselves.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Respect.

Yeah but I could say the same about you and you had way fewer posts to even work off of than PMush.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Steak has yet to say whether or not he actually knows who the doc is

I don’t think there were breadcrumbs, I think he was hoping the doctor might out themselves.

That makes no sense. How would steak explain the breadcrumb lie if the doc did out themselves

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

That makes no sense. How would steak explain the breadcrumb lie if the doc did out themselves

Don’t ask me to explain scum’s lies for them, the gently caress?

Steak does dumb gambits all the time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Don’t ask me to explain scum’s lies for them, the gently caress?

Steak does dumb gambits all the time

Touché

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gotta go with my heart ##vote Sandwolf for now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll wait another hour or two and then I'll move to Sandwolf or Hal if no one else believes it could be Steak.

Everyone seems opposed to a no lunch and I don't want to be the cause of one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I believe it could be steak, but not as much as I think it could be sandwolf

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How are we feeling about Amni leaving a vote on Hal and bouncing. I still feel that is a scum move...

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially since it doesn’t really line up with his feelings to start the day:

Amnistar posted:

##vote sandwolf

Amnistar posted:

The sudden shift is pinging me, yea.

Still feel pretty good about sandwolf, personally.

Amnistar posted:

Can't see a scum bus this early. The entire field is open to call out someone, if E+ pushed Hal this early as a bus, I'll be shocked.

Am I the only one who doesn’t see town Amni in this situation just let Steak lead him around by the nose in terms of defining Hal and Steak as the only viable candidates for the day? Suspecting Sandwolf all day and dumping a vote on Hal just feels like him not giving a crap about which town member we misdunk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anyone around and want to weigh in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tbf I didn't like it because it just makes me much more likely to be killed through apathy since that vote is stuck to me.

I would feel that way regardless of who the vote was on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am not scum, Hal’s play @EOD was scummy but his tone has felt pretty good today.

I’d rather lynch Amni than Hal, but I know it’s not me, be happy to vote either.