Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Opop called me PMilf so I'm here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Make me a Cylon Leader.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Claiming death miller.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

.... . -.-- -- .-. ... - . .- -.- .. - ... --. --- -. -. .- -... . .- --. --- --- -.. - .. -- . -... . .. -. --. ... -.-. ..- -- -... ..- -.. -.. .. . ... .-- .. - .... -.-- --- ..- -·-·-- .-.. . - ... ... - .- .-. - .-- .. - .... .- .--. ..- ... .... --- -. --.- ..- .. -.. ·-·-·-

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, neat, I'm the Festivus Pole.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

policy vote?
My policy is to vote.

##vote Medium Rare Steak

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I bought a white elephant gift for a party today.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Mr. Humalong

Every elf knows what a white elephant exchange is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, I really hate this "immediately be super serious" gimmick, and I am all over voting it

Once EP dies for having a better avatar than me!

##vote Epsilon Plus

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gettin' real susp of everyone who was lurking through jokephase and then suddenly jumps out guns blazing when it's time to play Real MafiaTM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The point of jokephease is that without any real evidence to go on, D1 is always completely circumstantial. Jokephase is the best possible chance to get people talking and interacting. The usual logic of it is that you can tell who's scum based on who's stilted and clumsy while joking. And, yeah, you can read some stuff out of the interactions themselves (I don't like how Amni is flooring a policy vote on AA this early in the day), but it's most important because after the first flips, there's a lot more to go on in regards to reading the interactions. Specifically, in who made what jokes about and around whom. It's activity in a much different context than the rest of the game.

Basically what I'm saying here is that being anti-joke phase is anti-town.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can we all take a moment to remember imgay, who was just permabanned by Jeffy of YOSPOS for one of the most innocuous posts I’ve ever seen.
Looking at the rest of his recent rap sheet? I respectfully but firmly decline.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I always try to put the jokephase genie back in the bottle, and it never worse. :eng99:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

Don’t like, would vote
Then vote me, coward.

##vote Quid

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, Kill Six Billion Demons is pretty great. (Now is also an excellent time to catch up, it's on a break because the author's on his honeymoon.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This has been an interesting day 1 and there is a lot to process here.

To elaborate more on what seems like a lazy Quid vote, I never like the phrase "would vote," it always seems extremely noncommittal. Like the person is more interested in being seen generating content than in scum hunting. There's an exception for "I'd also vote", because tunnelling is a bad idea, but at the time, Quid was only talking about my scumminess.

And as I read now, Quid's cases all seem very line-of-sight. Like, whoever's currently active and posting gets targeted, then mostly dropped as soon as a new potential target comes into view. It's scattershot and, again, seems like someone who wants to be seen casing against people for false content, but also for plausible deniability if their buddy gets flipped. Disingenuous content that might also be soft bussing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I still need to do a big read and figure out if there's a better place to put my vote, but RL things have made it hard to focus for any significant period of time. Hopefully I'll manage it tonight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dang, online chats take obnoxious retention.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm just whining.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm skimming, and I'm with AA here. Amni trying to force the idea that everyone should have fully formed opinions on everyone on Day 1 feels...

Well, not only is it a :siren: disingenuous :siren: push for participation without a lot of information, it could also be used by scum later like a Yu-Gi-Oh trap card, specifically zooming in on the weakest case they make.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Day 1: AA, give us your opinions on Quid!

Day 3: *cherry picking posts and parts of posts to quote* AA's case on Quid was super wonky and scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now see, this is why you don't skim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh thank gently caress deadline isn't here yet. Reads coming now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IDK if I can make a comprehensible case right now so I'm going to write things down as I read them and see if they make sense when read back all at once.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BTW, if it's me or a no-lynch, then vote me, don't wait for me to finish.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Page 2 is mostly benign, it's just jokephase posting.

Top of page 3 is a commentless vote from Sandwolf that probably would have gone by without notice if it hadn't been an accidental page snipe. I looked back at the previous page, and nothing else contextualizes it, and it's never mentioned by anyone. I'm gonna keep an eye on Sandwolf's vote positions to see if this is actually a Sneaky Thing, but it's pinging me regardless. Humalong's "three votes, one is always scum" thing feels forced. IDK. Amni floors it very suddenly on being super serious because AA said 'same lol'... in a conversation full of shitposts during joke phase. That feels incredibly forced. I sympathize with AA who shoots back with what is basically "I'm busy IRL and there's nothing happening in the game yet, give me a break" frustration... and it continues right up until AA and Amni suddenly stop with a joke back and forth?

Bottom of page 3, I'm slightly suspicious of Sandwolf, but super suspicious of a manufactured slapfight between AA and Amni. Scum distancing?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The further into page 4 I go, the more sure I become that AA and Amni are manufacturing this fake content. I decided at this point to look at vote count because I might need to BRB to eat a dinner food and it may or may not be enough to continue this on mobile. So, Amni is the only one voting for AA, and AA is one of three people voting for Amni.

##vote Amni

We're too close to deadline for tricks, so I'm dropping my vote on the more viable of the two. I'm gonna keep reading, but this is where my head is at right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thought: Is Sandwolf the 3P? This IS an Opop game, having some weid vote-related role would make perfect sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

"I think both are scum so I'm locking into one of them rn" is not exactly filling me with confidence, PMush
One's at -3 and no one else has any votes at all. What do you think I should do, vote myself?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rest of page 4

TNL and Steak feel legit enough. Sandwolf has been avoiding making any strong opinions, but it's still early at this point. Synergizes with my 3P suspicions though

Reading and typing while walking is hard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quid's logic for voting me makes sense, I can see where he's coming from. jokephase is a much easier part of the game for me to participate in, but that's also true of scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Skimming current page too. Still don't like Amni, especially if this is all he's(?) contributed in the ???? for me that is pages 5 onward

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If I was scum and caught in a fake slapfight that got out of hand, I'd probably stay the course, since that potentially gets at least one of you out on town cred, while suddenly falling off makes you both look super suspect

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For someone who's been tunneling, Anmi, you sure missed AA's comments about how the coming week would be busy.

That's not a reason to not vote him, but "hmm he's not here and I don't know why :thunk:" is bad.

Burger King was closed for some reason. It's barely past 7! :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Page 5: SW is participating more. Quid is starting to display the line of sight casing that I kept my vote on him for.

I like Burgerville but they're so expensive. Gonna find somewhere that's not burgers I guess

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My hands are cold posting and reading postponed until I have food and am inside.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Page 6!

Don't like the Amni and SW conversation. Out of context, it looks like a double-OMGUS. In context, it again reinforces my possible-tunnel that SW is a 3P. Opop specifically added a secret wildcard role because I joined, and making it 3P makes much more sense than a standard Town or Scum power role in an otherwise very vanilla game. So, something survivor-ish would make sense. I won't speculate too deeply on what, that never works out, but I do think it's vote-related. Feeling better about Quid than I was last page, kind of. Definitely feel good about Steak so far, his position makes sense and I think scum would probably be too self-conscious about being seen as low-content to commit to something like that. I know I just talked poo poo about 'third vote' nonsense, but Hal appearing out of nowhere once the case on me started gaining momentum is weird. EPlus hasn't really left jokephase yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hello I'm home and have poutine

Got a bit less than an hour. I'd vote Amni, AA, or Sandwolf.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Strong town read on Steak, weak town read on TNL. I'm interested in how Quid's voting patterns play out but I wouldn't call it a scum read any more. Hal pinged me on page 6, so I'm keeping tabs on him, too, as I read onward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Page 7

I ate too much poutine and am lactose intolerant but I do not care I will propel myself into heaven on a rocket stream of poorly digested cheese curds.

Amni's specific phrasing of "If we can't get anything there" about who's getting their vote is super, super weird, but I can't put why into words. AA not only immediately jumps on Sandwolf's comment about such, but uses similar phrasing ('stilted and artificial' vs 'like a robot badly pretending to be a human'), then insists they have no other reads. Again, I do believe that AA is legitimately busy, and that it's not an excuse, but I also believe that it informs how they're playing this game. That is to say, I am reading all of AA's actions through the dual lenses of "would a busy town player do this" and "would a busy scum player do this", and more often than not, what AA's done has fallen into the latter category.

I am probably tunneling on these two at this point.