Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

forbidden dialectics posted:

didn't ask the ol' ball and chain first, she mad

(mad that we're not gonna have this hanging on our wall)

Holy poo poo, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Once it reaches a certain price, the postmodern art community will start bidding >$100k

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

It's been stuck at 4,420.69 for some time, and in my head some dude that was high on imagined meme-cred, is now slowly realizing that he might pay over 4000 dollars for a bad drawing of a 15 year old meme.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

This sale is over by midday tomorrow. I am on the edge of my loving seat.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

Don't goldmine this until we see the framed picture