Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macasaurus posted:

feel like gros gammon should have got more play

This is literally the first time I've ever seen or heard of this character.

EDIT: This is a good Zybourne Clock thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_J9n8mgQaY

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

my dog died im sad posted:

Is there a place to read the premise of zybourne clock? I'm kinda familiar with Johnny five aces, but don't really know the whole story.

Or should I just bid on the concept art?

It's all here

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kharnifex posted:

Pretty sure shii was run out of sa for being a pedo

Now I feel gross for linking to that site.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

quote:

We had all the main logistics points of our projects hammered out and our prototype built, but there was a few more things to be decided. What would this clock do when it gets back in time besides gather energy? The answer came to me while reading an article out of a Science magazine that I had picked up about 2 years ago. The article basically summarized how the planet got to its current point in its evolutionary cycle and where it had started. It compared key points of life over 20 millenia and now.

I sat there in and thought about the article for a good 3 hours. If we could subtely alter the cycle at which the planet terraforms and speed up human evolution, we could, possibly make humanity advance far past wars in a few millenia's time. My heart jumped into my throat as I ran through the bay doors to tell my colleagues that I had finally found a safe way to alter the way the timeline to such a degree as to not rip a hole in time itself.

As I looked around the room, my excitement faded. All of them looked as if they had just became very ill.

"Doctor, you understand if we do this, We will fade from existance as the timeline corrects itself." One of my colleagues said in the grimest manner I had ever heard him speak before.

I began to turn pale, and dizzy. I quickly found a chair and used the magazine (that I was subsequently still clutching) to fan myself.

"Well, there must be a way around this. There must be." I said, even though I knew I was lying to myself.

We sat up that night and discuss ideas on how to develope a new one. What we came up with was grim. We theorized that when you send an object through time, it does not create a new timeline that overrides the current like we had originally thought. When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Telebite posted:

Was the plan to just make the game with RPG Maker software? I can't remember if goons were trying to actually develop an actual engine or not.

I believe there was only one goon who had any game programming experience and they were booted off the project.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

Still don't understand the time balls.

Does this help?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

There are clearly 5 balls in that picture.

For a brief moment in time, before the fourth ball falls off the cliff, there exists five balls.

OR DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Fansy posted:

found this on reddit, it had 0 upvotes

No, Johnny! You went too far back in time!