Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

You been online far too long man is time for u to go....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'll stop buy and piss on it once it arrives.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrSpiffy posted:

100% genuine. Although a lot of high end art is, yes, money laundering and tax evasion, I still give credit to the artist because the guy eating the banana is the kind of shenanigans that, regardless, cut through the hectic noise of social media. Whether you think it's valid or not is another issue, but it certainly made a bunch of people think about "what is art?"

...which is dumb because there is an answer the answer is "johnny fiveaces is art"

Actually the number one reason they do it is to have sex with the art objects

So we all know why you bought the Johnny Five Aces

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If he tries hard enough he can flay some of his flesh and then paste Johnny Five Aces in there and have the new flesh grow over the wound and over the picture so then it will be sealed inside of and absorbed by his body.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

veni veni veni posted:

I love how whenever famous goons come up it’s murderers and a DJ who was relevant 10 years ago who posted here for like one day before goons got on his nerves and he never came back.

That guy sucked huge rear end though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

veni veni veni posted:

That makes it even more funny that people still bring him up tho.

He said the slur on the Twitch