Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

merk posted:

Is hypocrisy a scum tell?

What about my posts is scummy?

Cmon merk, you’re smart. I know that from the last game. You should already know the answer.

I could ask you the same question for AA’s posts. Your case was spurious at best. You failed to offer any reason beyond “bad posts”. That isn’t scum hunting. That seems like either scummy, bad form baiting, or a joke vote. All worthy of a vote imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Steak posted:

i think i've made claiming something nonsensical for no reason into my meta, lmao. im telling the truth now though, and you should believe me, but also anyone who's played with me a bunch would know to take everything i say with a grain of salt. i lie to confuse scum, so unless im actually disrupting logic or giving out big game-changing info, lying is not a scum tell for me.

lol but anyway this time i'm telling the truth.

yes i must

Steak maybe I don’t know your playstyle well enough but this comes across as scum gambit to me? Role claims made by scum to discourage lunch? I don’t see the advantage by claiming and sharing this info - you either make yourself a juicy target or a lunch target when you aren’t night killed. Why?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ruggan posted:

Steak maybe I don’t know your playstyle well enough but this comes across as scum gambit to me? Role claims made by scum to discourage lunch? I don’t see the advantage by claiming and sharing this info - you either make yourself a juicy target or a lunch target when you aren’t night killed. Why?

Why would that make steak a juicy target to scum

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nep-Nep posted:

Why would that make steak a juicy target to scum

If steak is town, scum may want to nk someone they know has a role rather than risking killing a vanilla townie. Better EV.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That doesn't make sense given what Steak claimed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ruggan posted:

Cmon merk, you’re smart. I know that from the last game. You should already know the answer.

I could ask you the same question for AA’s posts. Your case was spurious at best. You failed to offer any reason beyond “bad posts”. That isn’t scum hunting. That seems like either scummy, bad form baiting, or a joke vote. All worthy of a vote imo.

AAs vote of Amnistar was about the scummiest thing I’ve seen so far if it wasn’t a joke

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

if i visit a [flavor name of scum], i'll die in the night.

theres a claim of my passive

That sounds like a terrible role

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It sounds like a cult leader, but is steak so bad as to errantly claim that right out the gate?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk posted:

It sounds like a cult leader, but is steak so bad

:greencube:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The reason i voted amni is because it seemed like they drew attention to that possibility of hunter in a way that I read as curious, stated in a way that they themselves might gain from exposing a hunter.

I get I made the reference earlier when I thought mega was demonstrating prescient knowledge of the set up, but it's just a tonal feel.

I'm not committed to it.
It was pure :goofy: but sincere :goofy:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Compulsive visitor with a brutal component is fine

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s something you claim outright instead of acting like your role has more that you don’t want to reveal.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

As far as day 1 goes this is a very mild Steak. An unprompted claim is still stupid but at least it’s not something absolutely insane.

And why would this make him a target for a NK? It’s not like anyone is gonna know who he visited if he dies visiting them

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Mkay, so having caught up with the thread now, three things stood out to me in particular. In rough order of scumminess, IMO, from least to most:

- Steak claiming a role that instantly kills him if he visits scum at night. This seems nonsensical, and judging from later posts, Steak's playstyle is just kinda weird in general. Something about it rubs me the wrong way, so I'll just keep it in mind for later.

- Leith turning up, acknowledging that he's left his vote on Mega from yesterday's shitshow of a start and then... doing nothing else about it. Like I feel it'd be less weird, if he didn't mention that he's parked his vote there.

- Eat The Rich made three posts, one of which was emptyquoting the number of posts in the thread. Nothing weird there, but then the other two were just like actively trying to distract from scumhunting.

Eat The Rich posted:

So is it scum and cult this game? Possibly other third-parties?

Like, apropos of nothing, just going "are we sure there's no 3p" pings me as either hinting that they are 3p or outright attempting to muddy the waters by trying to get people to look for 3p instead of scum. There's no real way to read this coming out of nowhere in a pro-town light, especially on Day 1 0(?).

In conclusion, ##vote ETR

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I would be very surprised if that was steaks role

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

MegaZeroX posted:

Hmm. Leith starts the game by hopping onto me, posts just after I show that it wasn't special information I had, but public information from the OP. But then they neither hop off or justify their reasons like Amni did, despite clearly posting after both.

##vote Leith

And where in the OP did it include the part of you specifically becoming a cultist on N1 after watching youtube videos?

It wasn't just that there are cultists. It was you saying that you were going to become one, and yes, I did reread it and think about it before the vote.

I know actually thinking about posts before voting is a radical thing around here.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I also think there's some people that have still posted like once total, if at all? Like, off the top of my head, George Kansas sniped the first post of the game just before Mega and hasn't posted since.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Steak's claimed role is an odd one as though certain things like NAR will help ensure the worst possible result doesn't happen, this being a cultist game it seems perfect to make people complacent around people that Steak claims to have visited.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

well steak, youve done it again. you've ruined a perfectly good day 1.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

And where in the OP did it include the part of you specifically becoming a cultist on N1 after watching youtube videos?

It wasn't just that there are cultists. It was you saying that you were going to become one, and yes, I did reread it and think about it before the vote.

I know actually thinking about posts before voting is a radical thing around here.

##vote leith

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

As far as day 1 goes this is a very mild Steak. An unprompted claim is still stupid but at least it’s not something absolutely insane.

And why would this make him a target for a NK? It’s not like anyone is gonna know who he visited if he dies visiting them

...which is why we think steak errantly claimed a piece of his role not realizing the implication of him being cult leader being revealed. Are you following along? This sounds super fake.

##vote Humalong

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Leith Maclaine posted:

First, it was clearly a poo poo post, and I've said this repeatedly. Like, the rest of the post was telling you my super insight about how we need to kill cultists as a townie in a cultist game, in a tone that was clearly supposed to elicit a laugh or whatever.

If I actually had that role, I either would have self voted and wanted everyone to kill me, betting a town win, or said nothing and joined the cult. Why the gently caress would I openly claim the role in a shitpost, then only go to deny it, if I actually had that role? It would be the worst play.

It wasn't that you waited to vote me, its that once you did and I explained myself, you didn't explain your vote like Amni. That basically meant you had serious voted me without reason, which is scummy as gently caress.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Dragonatrix I reallt like that etr case. I was getting similar scum pings from them as well but you actually put together a nice case.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

...which is why we think steak errantly claimed a piece of his role not realizing the implication of him being cult leader being revealed. Are you following along? This sounds super fake.

##vote Humalong

yeah honestly I'm not I was at the vet with my dog

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

MegaZeroX posted:

First, it was clearly a poo poo post, and I've said this repeatedly. Like, the rest of the post was telling you my super insight about how we need to kill cultists as a townie in a cultist game, in a tone that was clearly supposed to elicit a laugh or whatever.

If I actually had that role, I either would have self voted and wanted everyone to kill me, betting a town win, or said nothing and joined the cult. Why the gently caress would I openly claim the role in a shitpost, then only go to deny it, if I actually had that role? It would be the worst play.

It wasn't that you waited to vote me, its that once you did and I explained myself, you didn't explain your vote like Amni. That basically meant you had serious voted me without reason, which is scummy as gently caress.

And when I get a better candidate, I'll move the vote.

It was a poo poo post, worthy of Steak, and it caught as much flak as Steak normally does.

If you want to vote me based on this weak case. Oh well.

As for Gulag's vote, It's Gulag and I am working on ignoring it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

where? lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gulag, you've barely posted aside from some weird targeting of me with shitposts. whats the deal?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Gulag, I have yet to be in a game with you where the results of this were wrong.

Who is on the opposing side gulag?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

Gulag, I have yet to be in a game with you where the results of this were wrong.

Who is on the opposing side gulag?

Monster hunter had gulag and I tangling and we were on the same side unknowingly.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Monster hunter had gulag and I tangling and we were on the same side unknowingly.

gently caress....I forgot about that.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Amnistar posted:

gently caress....I forgot about that.

It is the reason I am refusing to react to Gulag this game. My gulag alignment detector is obviously very broken.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

It is the reason I am refusing to react to Gulag this game. My gulag alignment detector is obviously very broken.

I thought I had broken SA mafia...just follow gulag.

But alas, I was incorrect.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Leith Maclaine posted:

that was an entirely one-sided affair.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this incredibly poor conceptualization of reality is why you're getting culted or dying

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

And when I get a better candidate, I'll move the vote.

It was a poo poo post, worthy of Steak, and it caught as much flak as Steak normally does.

If you want to vote me based on this weak case. Oh well.

I don’t like that you don’t address any of the points in the post quoted and are just sort of distancing from the vote

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

That seems really dangerous. I have no idea what happened in said game but shouldn't that just make you more careful about any readings then saying gently caress it I am not even going to try?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

this is the tamest day one mega post ive seen and even if leith's mega sensor calibrations arent up to date its still an incredibly obvious joke that doesnt warrant doubling down in suspicion

##vote leith

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hunt11 posted:

That seems really dangerous. I have no idea what happened in said game but shouldn't that just make you more careful about any readings then saying gently caress it I am not even going to try?

This post looks like you’re helping but provides no value and invites a worthless discussion.

##vote Hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Leith Maclaine posted:

The rest of the post was pretty bad in its own right, but this line in particular really caught my attention. It's written like you're addressing a point in Mega's post, but it's not. No one mentioned Gulag voting for you at all until you bring it up here, even. It's weird enough doing it as a pivot from a bare-bones token justification for your original vote, but it also has this air of just having to let everyone know how unfazed by it you are. Hrm.