Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If there is still space then I would like to join in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

I can think of a better way.

It worked in the last game I played with them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote Ruggan

All looting shall be quickly punished.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

Well that would be 9 people cleared.

For now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Steak should be used to much worse backlogs then what we have here.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Then why on earth would you come out with something like that so early in the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Steak's claimed role is an odd one as though certain things like NAR will help ensure the worst possible result doesn't happen, this being a cultist game it seems perfect to make people complacent around people that Steak claims to have visited.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

It is the reason I am refusing to react to Gulag this game. My gulag alignment detector is obviously very broken.

That seems really dangerous. I have no idea what happened in said game but shouldn't that just make you more careful about any readings then saying gently caress it I am not even going to try?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

This post looks like you’re helping but provides no value and invites a worthless discussion.

##vote Hunt

Why is calling out someone who is going to deliberately ignore another player a bad thing?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Because you’re not addressing alignment.

It's me prodding at something that reeks of a very dangerous thought process, especially in a cultist game where alignments are going to be in flux.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean that would lead to a quicker resolution to the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason for that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
AA is there a reason why you are constantly trying to seem as an eager volunteer for the cult?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think I will also ##vote AA as a lot of there recent stuff is just them claiming to be town who is willing to sell everything out and do whatever is useful for the cult.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is annoying when people correctly call me out for playing badly so here are a couple reads.

Sand: As merk called out it is the same issue of not really adding much. I am leaning town but hard to be sure.

AA: Still don't like the poo poo they have posted as it unhelpful but would go to them being lovely town then anything else.

Steak: This is easily my most unhelpful read but I want to see what they are doing latter today before I feel somewhat confidant about their alignment and role.

Going with a tentative Steak vote.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't you defend your actions as trying to get on the winning side of things?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gulag shoot me tonight

Going by what was said about the role you will have a long time to wait before they could do that.

Also the case between GK and IP it is a choice between a short burst of concentrated activity before vanishing and a much more low key posting efforts.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Out of the two votes with any momentum I feel better about voting for GK then Steak.

##vote George Kansas

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That would make things a lot easier for us.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

I would have done this an hour ago but my 3 year old has a virus and puked all over! I’ve been scrubbing carpets for the last 45 minutes! Let’s vote Steak!!!

I am sorry to hear that and I hope they are feeling better.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am really not liking Steak not being here but I still feel better about voting for GK.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was an end of day gently caress up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

steak was a surgeon so he was probably lying

Going by the SA wiki the people at risk from Steak where those that they visited.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We didn't lose in terms of content but we did waste a chance to actually catch scum.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The thing that is getting me is them saying it makes sense to use the free lunch on them. Them showing up like they did pretty much ensures that isn't going to happen quickly.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If GK vanishes again before the deadline then I say we take the free lunch. Hum's recommendation to take it anyway looks real bad.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

what do you mean, 3P hunting

3rd party hunting.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Unsure about Hum but Amni seems to have stopped giving a gently caress about this game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So Amni seems to be sane again which makes what happened yesterday seem more like a bit then any actual action from scum. So then the question becomes what motivated them to do such a thing. I agree with Mega that we should flip GK and just hope we get some information from it for tomorrow. Outside of that I think Amni is next on the chopping block unless someone has an idea about what them post like that yesterday.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
##vote GK

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
## vote hum

Will be phoneposting most weekend but there was a lack of care how they were acting before the end of day 1.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So did anyone find anything useful last night or should we just proceed to deal ETR and then figure out if we should nip Amni in the bud for that random burst of bullshit?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

That didn't seem to work so hot yesterday, do you want to kill ETR for reasons beyond it being free

Nothing about them sticks out about them to justify a vote besides the lack of content.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I guess they found nothing since they didn't say anything but I would like to have that confirmed.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was literally the last post he made before getting mod killed.

Also Dolls unnerve me and should be dealt with appropriately.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

We had this whole arguement D1 :psyduck:

Well D1 turned out to be bullshit with Steak making up stuff about his role and IP being the only one who is confirmed to have it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

How would this work, then? Would the doll you visited be your specific puppetmaster? Is it puppets all the way down?

Building of that logic and what IP said just before the end then it seems as though they may have visited Mega and then weirdness ensued.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We have eleven hours left and no clear consensus about who we should go for. Looking at what we can call vote leaders I would go with axing b-minus just because it seems we would lose the least by doing so. Outside of that I would be quite happy to lunch Mega for pretty much vanishing today.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well that is some fine bullshit hidden in there. At the very start I am not going to make an alignment call when it comes to taking a free lunch. They weren't even a presence in the thread anymore so might as well get some information and hope for the best. Even before that was the case my feeling was that if we are going to lose anyone in the thread it might as well be an unknown then someone who might have some useful information.

With AA it vanished mostly because they stopped posting that bullshit which was almost the definition of white noise in that it drew the attention of everyone but meant nothing in the end. It also feels strange to call me out on dropping a case where you did the exact same thing day 1 and when Sandwolf was showing they were quite eager to move on me you posted absolutely nothing about me until today.

The rest of it, aka the lack of much scum hunting in this game is that there has been almost nothing to really go on since the end of day 1. There was some unity in taking the free lunch on gk but then that vanished when they showed up again and just before anyone was posting much more then maybe we should lunch Hum Amni's insanity emerges. Everything else has just been a lack of interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was an impressively fast response by everyone.