Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why does that smiley exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Why does that smiley exist

AFP thread

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why does this forum have a thread for Agence France-Presse and what does it have to do with mayonnaise

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Why does this forum have a thread for Agence France-Presse and what does it have to do with mayonnaise

:mayo:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

a mysterious cloak posted:

If a customer buys coffee and inevitably gets murdered in the parking lot, do they get a refund?

Their corpse gets a voucher for a free coffee (not transferrable).

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No refunds is like rule #1

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Zeinin posted:

I would rather suffer the worst of caffeine withdrawals than get coffee in any one of those buildings. Those are pretty grim.

It's Houston dude..not exactly the prettiest place

Ship Channel Trading Company
923 Wakefield Dr, Houston, TX 77018
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5UhME5TiZfrLTQvMA

I say that as someone who enjoys this dumb city

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DangerZoneDelux posted:

It's Houston dude..not exactly the prettiest place

Ship Channel Trading Company
923 Wakefield Dr, Houston, TX 77018
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5UhME5TiZfrLTQvMA

I say that as someone who enjoys this dumb city

Holy poo poo, burritos AND coffee?!

I would love the poo poo out of that place.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LabyaMynora posted:

Holy poo poo, burritos AND coffee?!

I would love the poo poo out of that place.

Burristas

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Colonel Cancer posted:

No refunds is like rule #1

I dunno, "Free refund if you get shanked" might be just the thing to set OP ahead of the crowd

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Caffeine fiends shanking each other for a free fix.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Shamino posted:

Crystal shop:

Adjacent space that needs a lot of work:

Space I'd like to get but haven't heard from the CRE broker on:

Do you have some kind of hangover filter in your camera? Everything is a little off in a bleak way like on a Monday morning after a weekend of heavy drinking. The light is bright yet cold. I associate this with heartburn and looming diarrhea, not a good time for coffee

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Icochet posted:

Do you have some kind of hangover filter in your camera? Everything is a little off in a bleak way like on a Monday morning after a weekend of heavy drinking. The light is bright yet cold. I associate this with heartburn and looming diarrhea, not a good time for coffee

That's just what living in Houston is like.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Strangely enough I'm listening to NPR right now and up pops a story about a Texas coffee shop called Boomtown Babes

im feeling something but it's definitely not arousal

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Under the bridge location would primarily be patronized by the homeless camp set up there allowing you to have absolutely terrible coffee as long as you have a low enough price point. It would actually be a savvier business move then whatever this is.

Even more so, you could take payment via small amount of street drugs, then turn around and sell them at a profit in your "second job" (selling the homeless person drugs back to the other homeless people)

Play fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 9, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What about a big "DRUGS FOR SALE" sign but you get inside and it's just caffeine

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

What if you sell a coffee for a lot of money and it comes with free drugs on the side sort of like how speakeasy's used to work

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Play posted:

Strangely enough I'm listening to NPR right now and up pops a story about a Texas coffee shop called Boomtown Babes

Even more so, you could take payment via small amount of street drugs, then turn around and sell them at a profit in your "second job" (selling the homeless person drugs back to the other homeless people)

Dudes working in the oil patch have a gently caress ton of money and are so horned up you could probably do titty anything and it’ll be viable

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Play posted:

Wouldn't.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
isn't starbucks notorious for opening business on the closest available lot to coffee shops that turn profit

naem
May 29, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

isn't starbucks notorious for opening business on the closest available lot to coffee shops that turn profit

yes and at one point in places like nyc they’d put in a store on all four corners of the same intersection just to choke out any possible competition

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

would

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Freckles AND likes stripes? Wanna marry Ms. Right.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Hey OP if you aren’t opposed to moving the proposed location a few miles north, there should definitely be some lightly exploded buildings hitting the market soon for you to sink your life savings in.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thesaurus posted:

See how long you can bum around the world while backpacking on the $20k. In the process you may gain valuable experience working under the table as a barista in exotic locations.
this is the best idea in the thread

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks OP, now I want to open my own lovely coffee shop. Though TBH I think this is a pretty decent location actually as there's an abandoned information building right at a major intersection:

No foot traffic but lots of regular traffic during morning/evening commute hours. There's a KFC about half-mile to the right but I don't feel like people go there for coffee. I have some cash but I don't want to spend it on this, please send me money so I can open a coffee shop.

sorry to disappoint but this could be another goon project
vvv

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 17, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat, I was really hoping for either a "well, I made it big time :smug:" or "I threw all my money in the trash, and also borrowed more money to throw in the trash :smith:", not just a random bump.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

He is busy being the star of sa mart's storage wars so I guess the project is on hold

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 17, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DangerZoneDelux posted:

He is busy being of sa mart's storage wars so I guess the project is on hold

Haha it's been long enough I didn't even notice the crossover. Hopefully our computer equipment bucks will be the cash infusion this coffee dream needs.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

mobby_6kl posted:

Thanks OP, now I want to open my own lovely coffee shop. Though TBH I think this is a pretty decent location actually as there's an abandoned information building right at a major intersection:

No foot traffic but lots of regular traffic during morning/evening commute hours. There's a KFC about half-mile to the right but I don't feel like people go there for coffee. I have some cash but I don't want to spend it on this, please send me money so I can open a coffee shop.

sorry to disappoint but this could be another goon project
vvv

Lol are you fuckin serious? Is that Baghdad.

Ok seriously, though, in a place that looks as horrifying as that photo you just shared with us, if you're without foot traffic, there better be a fuckin drive through.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

Ok seriously, though, in a place that looks as horrifying as that photo you just shared with us, if you're without foot traffic, there better be a fuckin drive through.

Needs a sawzall for that guard rail

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

Needs a sawzall for that guard rail

I dunno, it's probably there because it's the trailing end of an overpass/bridge, and probs a real bad place for a right turn. I think there's a better chance at scooping up a defunct vape shop or any number of strip mall storefronts. I'm sticking to my guns on the drive through though. On the off chance I didn't have time to make my own coffee, I'll pass up a sbux for one with a drive through.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
How about selling coffee in low Earth orbit? Not a nice orbit, mind you. A real lovely orbit. There are space stations and satellites on the nice orbits, can't compete with that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

interwhat posted:

Baghdad would be better

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

How about a coffee service where I go to your house and use your coffee equipment to make you a cup of joe? If that doesn't work I guess I could lug around a coffee maker with me.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

How about a coffee service where I go to your house and use your coffee equipment to make you a cup of joe? If that doesn't work I guess I could lug around a coffee maker with me.

Printer Goon would've at least gotten a handy if he had carried an italian artisanial coffee maker and a bag of fresh beans

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

How about selling coffee in low Earth orbit? Not a nice orbit, mind you. A real lovely orbit. There are space stations and satellites on the nice orbits, can't compete with that.

You need to think bigger. A whole coffee nebula. In the lovely part of the universe mind you.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

interwhat posted:

Lol it's just winter in Europe so everything looks terrible. The place is accessible from the road to the right from the one I'm on, so no sawzall necessary. Although I suppose more access is better for more drive through.

And no of course I'm not going to do it, I like money too much to dump it into something like this. Unless someone wants to crowdfund this.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Shamino posted:

Crystal shop:

Adjacent space that needs a lot of work:

Space I'd like to get but haven't heard from the CRE broker on:

These are all some solid Houstonbusiness.jpg

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Play posted:

Is that a Tina Fey sketch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Sentinel posted:

These are all some solid Houstonbusiness.jpg

Like, how does Houston have so many tire shops? How does it even support that many tire shops?