Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

CJacobs posted:

It is a cute and cozy story about learning to balance friendship, college life, and budding romance.
a kidney stone would tear through such a story the same was it tears through your- uh- y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

A stranger in need is a friend indeed.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Ms. Black sounds like the sort of person who would recite the Navy Seal shitpost as a battle cry.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
So I really want to like the Surge 2, but that first boss is such a colossal dick to get past it makes me quit. There seems to be some shenanigans with the angle of the camera and the block that makes it way harder than it needs to be, plus the drone and the fire grenades make it one of the most unfun bosses I've ever fought in most Souls like games probably ever.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dreadwroth2 posted:

So I really want to like the Surge 2, but that first boss is such a colossal dick to get past it makes me quit. There seems to be some shenanigans with the angle of the camera and the block that makes it way harder than it needs to be, plus the drone and the fire grenades make it one of the most unfun bosses I've ever fought in most Souls like games probably ever.

That's why god created LPs.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I'm stuck in that gribbly fucker in the underground area. I know I can just parry to clown him but I am just poo poo at parrying.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
God, the characters in this game are just... So good. I love Mr Scrappy so much - it's like if Google was a dude in a vending machine. Thank you so much for continuing this LP - even if I tried to play this game, I know I'd never be able to beat it, so watching someone who actually knows their way around the mechanics and world is great!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dreadwroth2 posted:

You mean Warden Garcia? I had real trouble until I went at him with the big club, if you run away out of his drone's line of sight he'll do that jump attack which is basically impossible NOT to parry and you can smack him about then run away some more

I started a new run for reasons and now I'm really mad because the dude with the two axes on the bridge right outside JCPD doesn't respawn, so when I accidentally knocked him into the river I lost access to my favourite weapon!!!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah the sword just dosent do enough damage fast enough, I might have to try the hammer.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Yeah the sword just dosent do enough damage fast enough, I might have to try the hammer.

The parry timing on the sword is really short and it doesn't stagger him at all so he can do his grenade business right in your face and interrupt your attacks, he's a real bastard the first time through

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Kazimir must be famous for providing shade to his patients on hot days. Why else would they call him the Shady Doctor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Didn't have time to mention in the video but he has like five different names he can give there. :allears:

By the way, Michael and Phil are back in the next episode for more behind the scenes chat and insensitively making fun of german people (don't ask) so get hyped for that!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 8, 2020

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

CJacobs posted:

Didn't have time to mention in the video but he has like five different names he can give there. :allears:

By the way, Michael and Phil are back in the next episode for more behind the scenes chat and insensitively making fun of german people (don't ask) so get hyped for that!

That's a fantastic little touch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwwRAUcKwsE

Tomorrow is in your hands. And mine.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
You just got over kidney stones and now you're going to double LP? You absolute mad lad.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

oh hey RIPline / Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2019

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Felinoid posted:

You just got over kidney stones and now you're going to double LP? You absolute mad lad.

Not just that, LP the game about a man who cannot drink anything but Monster.

My kidneys hurt just thinking about it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwwRAUcKwsE

Tomorrow is in your hands. And mine.

Awesome...I know I've debated this game a lot in the game complaints thread after tapping out halfway though but it seems like a great one to see as an LP. All the stuff I really like about the design without having to deal with the aspects I didn't enjoy. Looking forward to it.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Ctrand-type Jacobs.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

will there be an on-screen counter of how many times you go hup, Capybara Jacobs?
https://twitter.com/SzMarsupial/status/1247645635366526978

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Felinoid posted:

Of course he isn't.

He's going to quad LP because he still has to finish Evil Within 2 and Immortal Unchained :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

You'll never know if you don't go.

Major props to Michael and Phil for coming back for another round! As before, you can find them on Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/philmannlive
https://twitter.com/CrashOberbreit

And you can follow Deck 13's continuing development of the game at:

https://twitter.com/Deck13_de
https://twitter.com/TheSurgeGame

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Did you get an answer to you partial set bonus question yet?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nope! :haw:

There's an easy way to check, I just haven't done it. When you have a set bonus active, the text listing the number of equipped pieces will turn green, otherwise it will be gray. All you'd have to do to test it is put on a cosmetic item and then two 2/3 sets and see if both turn green.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Yeah, but... uh.. I don't have the game.

:innocentwhistle:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So either the bouncer is just sending every scrap weapon wielding weirdo upstairs or everyone in Cloud 9 also has scrap weapons.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Kibayasu posted:

So either the bouncer is just sending every scrap weapon wielding weirdo upstairs or everyone in Cloud 9 also has scrap weapons.

Well, as he said, whats the point in checking? At this point in time you're either so numb to everything going on that you have stopped caring, or you're one of the people openly carrying around heavy weaponry.
It's not like there's a danger of someone hiding a switchblade somewhere anymore.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kibayasu posted:

How strange that the unarmed man did not excessively challenge the walking tank that just butchered their way to his workplace

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The C stands for Criminal. Criminal Jacobs, incriminating himself on video again

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

berryjon posted:

Yeah, but... uh.. I don't have the game.

:innocentwhistle:

Guess what got added to the amazing value of the Game Pass? :haw:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Little Johnny boss fight is good as hell but whoever decided he should make that noise every time he attacks should be launched out of a cannon

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Nope! :haw:

There's an easy way to check, I just haven't done it. When you have a set bonus active, the text listing the number of equipped pieces will turn green, otherwise it will be gray. All you'd have to do to test it is put on a cosmetic item and then two 2/3 sets and see if both turn green.

I can confirm this works because I was doing that for a while. I even upgraded my glasses to max rank, not that it does much.

As far as I know it's only head items that count towards all sets. So you can wear say, a cowboy hat, matching legs for a set, matching arms for a set, and any chest. But it's not like you can get 3 partial set bonuses, and you can get two partial set bonuses anyway, it's just you can do it in a snazzy hat or glasses.

Also, when I played, I could not stun Brother Eli with a single electric drone, and that boss fight was so very hard. Although judging by the death stats at the end of the game, I might just be terrible at the game :v:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LeastActionHero posted:

Also, when I played, I could not stun Brother Eli with a single electric drone, and that boss fight was so very hard. Although judging by the death stats at the end of the game, I might just be terrible at the game :v:

I had no idea you could even use the actually use the Starfish in combat before I watched that video. It just never occurred to me

My current run at Gideon's Rock is now going much better

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I won this game via brute force and ignorance. Surprisingly effective!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

I won this game via brute force and ignorance. Surprisingly effective!

I mean yeah in fairness this is basically "Look Where Being Smart Got You": The Game

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I was totally going to post in the thread to ask Michael and Phil about how The Surge ended up in Dark, and then about two minutes after I conceived that idea they started talking about it all on their own.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha I just noticed something. If I really wanted to know if cosmetic pieces contribute to multiple set bonuses, I could have asked the Stranger himself! Warren is wearing two different sets (his leg armor, and one arm and the body). This is also how I learned just now that cosplaying as Warren is not possible, he's got a special chestpiece the player can't get. You'll see what I mean when we pick up a copy of what he's wearing, but basically Warren's version doesn't have a spot for a drone on the back and all of our armor will by necessity.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 20, 2020

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Am I right in thinking there's no way to make multiple sets of the same armour? Because I had to give Warren my shiny newly mark 3 AID nightfall armour and then grind up a whole new set, making him Not My Friend

I feel like I'm making this thread into an essay on my time in Jericho City but I will not stop. Unless someone asks me to

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You help provide spacing between updates, which is valuable.

While that thing with the AID armor sounds like it sucks, and I wonder how it works in a possible New Game +, I do like one aspect of the armors, or rather the armor lists, the way it sorts by set leaving spaces so you don't have to parse a mess, that's very, very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

What I want to know is when - not if, but when - you can get Iron Maus armor. Because seeing that last game was awesome!