Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Aw, poo poo. So, what, Mai is a robot with human hands and our boy Q-Taro is a human with robot hands?

I mean... if his arms and legs were that hosed up, are robotic prosthetics REALLY that unbelievable considering the other poo poo we've seen? I'm just trying to remember if he was in a situation before this that would/should have injured his limbs but didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

girl dick energy posted:

Aw, poo poo. So, what, Mai is a robot with human hands and our boy Q-Taro is a human with robot hands?

Well, remember what Komaeda said about the majority rule for deciding what is a human and a doll. All Q-Taro has to be is 51% doll and he'd be considered a doll by the rules. So he could still have a human torso and whatnot.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

"This is... what I really am..."

"...What do you... mean?"

I don't get what's going on at all...

"A doll...?"

"Keiji... you look bewildered yerself."

"Honestly... yeah."

"Because I just did what he expected I'd do..."

"Right..."

"Keiji went to Floor 5... and we went to the cemetery..."

"Why... did you go back there...?"

"The truth is... I was at my limit..."

"I'm sorry... Seems... it's too late for me..."

"Is that what Safalin told you?! I don't want this!! It's... because of me...!!"

"Don't cry... There's no time... What you need to do is..."

"I can't do it alone!! Without you, Q-taro...!!"

"Ya won't... be alone..."

"That's ridiculous!! Please...!

"Now get goin'...! Mai!!"

"I... It can't be...! Then... inside coffin #7 was...!!"

"What was he thinkin'..."

"Gin... Kurumada... You got out?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Sara... Kanna... You gotta protect 'em, right...?"

"Waaaaahhh...!! Sniff... but...!!"

"I couldn't tell him anything...!! I..."

"… No, he knew... I may just be a copy, but..."

"What're you saying...?! You can't...!!"

"… My good fortune... Was my heart bein' weak..."

"Even so... I couldn't... It wasn't kindness or anything... It just yielded. That part of me that wanted to survive even if it meant killin' someone else..."

"Sniff... waahhh.."

"So... I'm happy..."

"Muscle gorilla...?! What's wrong?! Muscle gorilla! Mr. Q-taro!!"

Music stops.

"Mr. Q-taro!!!! Mr. Q-tarooooo...!!!!"

"And it's over..."

".........."

"...No, it won't."

"Hm...?"

"We'll escape... We won't do as you expect us to."

"...Gin Ibushi."

"W... What, meow?!"

"...Keiji Shinogi."

".........."

"...Kanna Kizuchi."

"...Y-Yes...?"

"...Alice Yabusame."

".........."

"And... Sara Chidouin."

Meister leaves.

• It is possible for Mai or Hayasaka to "survive" instead of Kurumada (Anzu, Hinako and Ranmaru will always be drilled during the banquet), I'll cover Mai and Hayasaka in the next update.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 24, 2021

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

And now the wait begins again, argh. Thanks for the LP so far HydroSphere!

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

This LP has been fantastic and I hate that we have to go back to waiting for more releases. This is why I don't watch television!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

But Nemo, I am Pagliacci

Gin...Q-Taro... :smith:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh...

Now I'm real sad.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

HydroSphere posted:

I don't get what's going on at all...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Okay, hang on. So the reason Keiji isn't about to get murdered for breaking the rules is that he used... the dead Q-Taro's collar? Which is part of this floor's game?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

But Nemo, I am Pagliacci

Has there been any indication when the last part will be released? Tried looking around online and I feel like I wasn't able to find anything super conclusive beyond development being delayed due to COVID

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 29, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Okay, hang on. So the reason Keiji isn't about to get murdered for breaking the rules is that he used... the dead Q-Taro's collar? Which is part of this floor's game?

It was the collar from the professor, back on floor 1. Keiji's been carrying it this entire time.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

girl dick energy posted:

He didn't actually use Mishima's collar, he tried to use Komaeda's collar but Q-taro swapped it out for himself after Keiji left.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Randalor posted:

It was the collar from the professor, back on floor 1. Keiji's been carrying it this entire time.
Right, that's what I thought happened, and why Meister was going to kill him for cheating. But he suddenly stopped caring about it mid-conversation, so...

blakelmenakle posted:

He didn't actually use Mishima's collar, he tried to use Komaeda's collar but Q-taro swapped it out for himself after Keiji left.
Oh, I see. Okay. So Mishima's collar never went into the pod at all, Q-taro just climbed in himself because he was already bleeding out?

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

girl dick energy posted:

Oh, I see. Okay. So Mishima's collar never went into the pod at all, Q-taro just climbed in himself because he was already bleeding out?

I believe so. Makes me wonder though if Mishima's collar will come into play in the next chapter (or even who has it at this point).

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

After a long hiatus from the forum, I come back just to get punched in the gut. Dammit, Q-taro!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Right, that's what I thought happened, and why Meister was going to kill him for cheating. But he suddenly stopped caring about it mid-conversation, so...

I THINK that the collar was also in the coffin when Q-Taro died in it, so while Keiji technically cheated, there WAS actually an active player's collar in the coffin as well, so it would have shown blue without Keiji's interference. So even though he meant to cheat, no cheating actually happened, so no punishment was issued.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

blakelmenakle posted:

I believe so. Makes me wonder though if Mishima's collar will come into play in the next chapter (or even who has it at this point).

My pet theory was that Gin was carrying the head in that stuffed animal, but that seems to not be the case now.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• If you select the coffin that you used a hint on in the first round, you're locked into Kurumada surviving. No matter which coffin you use a hint on, Hayasaka will always be in it.

• Select any other glowing coffin aside from the one that you used the hint on, and you'll always hit Kurumada.

"Too bad! You hit Kurumada!"

"Say what...?!"

"W-What's going on...?!"

"Please, respond! Kurumada...!!"

"That isn't true, right?! In just an instant...!"

"You tried so hard to survive this long! And yet...!"

• Like Mai and Kurumada, Hayasaka is willing to sacrifice himself to save Gin and defeat Komaeda.

• In the second round, Mai will always be in the coffin that you use your second hint on. Unlike in the first round, Sara won't select a coffin that hasn't previously had a hint used on it. You can choose the coffin you used the first hint on to kill Hayasaka and have Mai survive, or choose the coffin you used the second hint on to kill Mai and have Hayasaka survive.

• If Hayasaka survives:

• If Mai survives:

• Hayasaka doesn't ask Sara to protect Gin if he's killed in the first round.

• I don't know how much of an impact the “survivor” will have on 3-2, but I set up an indefinitely open Strawpoll for the survivor vote here.

Next update will cover the main differences in the Sou route.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Definitely voting Mai. It's what Q-Taro would have wanted.

Tax Evasion
May 27, 2020

So re: the whole whose wish brought Sara thing
My current theory is that the "jou nu atsui" line is a misdirection, and Mr. Policeman's kid is actually Sara.
We know that she's adopted, and her adoptive father is almost certainly Meister.
She could have easily never known Mr. Policeman, or had her memories of him erased.
Furthermore, I think that she was brought here by Keiji's wish. Specifically, he wished to meet Mr. Policeman's kid, and give them the opportunity to kill him.
This is likely the reason Keiji trusts Sara so much, and why he tries so hard to protect her despite his otherwise selfish behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I just caught up, whew. Thanks for being so persistent and updating over 2 years Hydrosphere.