Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

WarpDogs posted:

I'm fine with Sou being a sort of mysterious figure present in everybody's backstory, but some of these more specific details are getting pretty crazy. He's becoming The Joker

The entire premise behind creating the AIs and the "dolls" kind of entails a ridiculous, generation-spanning conspiracy to work at all, so it makes sense that Asunaro would need people to orchestrate and manage things on the ground so that the "candidates" stay alive and are sufficiently disconnected from society to be snatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

PMush Perfect posted:

Hair color matches, too, and it'd explain Keiji's immediate and honestly illogical trust in Sara from the very beginning. Plus, they're being very careful about not revealing the kid's gender. That implies it'd be a giveaway.

Oh, cool, we managed to max out Q-Taro's social link before he dies.

I'm bored, so:

Joe - The Fool
Keiji - Temperance
Kanna - Judgement
Q-Taro - Strength
Sou - The Hermit
Reko - Wheel of Fortune
Nao - The Lovers
Kai - Hierophant
Gin - The Sun
Mishima - The Magician
Alice - The Hanged Man

(Caveat: I know nothing about tarot symbolism except through the lens of video games and popular culture.)

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 2, 2020

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

PMush Perfect posted:

Sara - The Devil

:hmmyes:

Bifauxnen posted:

Q-taro's speech was nice to show he's more focused in working together now, but it's kinda being a dick to the dolls when you think about it.

"Hey why don't you guys just ignore your win condition for our benefit even though following it could keep you alive" :v:

I think the sentiment is that the whole group should stop playing by "the rules" and instead play to win on their own terms, but this is a bit of a hard sell when the dolls have a (slightly) more immediate threat of death over their heads and are probably viewed as completely disposable by the game organizers.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

This was a clear violation of golden rule of tag, "no tag backs."

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Hell yeah, I caught up to this right as it ended last time. Very glad it's back.

MrJazzels posted:

Glad to see this game again, and also glad to see a recap because I completely forgot one of the main characters was named Q-Taro Burgerberg.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's been so long that it made me laugh just to remember there was even a character with the name Q-taro Burgerberg.

Q-taro Burgerberg

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I'm sorry, you can turn your eyes red all you want, you're still wearing a pancake hat and that will never be scary.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I'm struggling to come up with any reason why Asunaro would actually need "consent forms" from the death game participants. They seem to have no issue making people disappear without them, and if they can create entire doll replicas of people they don't need to bother with anything mundane like forging signatures either.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I'm not sure that anything we've seen thus far really backs up the premise that Sara is only one best friend away from being a complete sociopath. It seems like the AI simulations must either have been flawed in some significant way, or else Komaeda is lying because they're trying to manipulate her into assuming that persona.

Also, I'm liking how briskly the plot is moving this chapter, but there's a weird lack of stakes or urgency. There's nominal threats, but it mostly feels like it's been an extended intermission for housing all the exposition we need to have happen before the final act.

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 15, 2021

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Maple's final comment is maybe another hint in the direction that Komaeda is human, and also a contestant in the game, and Maple is his assigned doll counterpart? I know he "proved" to us that he wasn't human but it seems like something he could've faked.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I hope this one is possible to win legitimately, it'd suck if this was another catch-22 like previous chapters where we'll have to choose between sacrificing Gin and Keiji.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

This twist is gloriously silly.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Maximum fuckery: Hinako is human, Komaeda is human, Gin is a doll and has been the whole time. Because why not.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I kind of have a hunch that everything since last update when we selected íkomaeda is a humaní has been a locked-in bad end, and the correct choice was the other fork where we concluded heís a doll.

Also, how would the Alice reveal have worked if he were dead at this point?

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

I'm not sure any of Qtaro/Keiji's plan actually occurred, given that Keiji got ambushed and presumably knocked out or something before he could get back to them with the ID card. If we get any sort of Keiji-related curveball, I see it as being a bad surprise and not a good one.

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

The real qtaro died of his stab injury and they put him in the coffin maybe?? This segment has certainly been a real rollercoaster.

E: oh, we should have known since he was paired with human hinako. Heís been a doll the whole time I guess?? Did we ever see him bleed? Iím utterly lost lol

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 2, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

This LP has been fantastic and I hate that we have to go back to waiting for more releases. This is why I don't watch television!!