Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

it's especially fishy as the art depicts the doll parts as not wearing anything and she's clearly wearing opera gloves.

Could be an art error, but but kind of interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Keldulas posted:

Occam's razor at the moment just suggests that the people who were kidnapped alone didn't actually have partners. I would buy there being a bunch of solo encounters set up as well.

This seems likely, I suspect if Joe hadn't been walking with Sara, she would've ended up in a solo trap.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

No reason to distrust what he says, and I don't think at this point there's any benefit for him to claim he's a cop when he's not, as doing so means everyone will have certain expectations of him as well as trust.

let's believe for now.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Nope, you're probably thinking of 'Keibu' or 'Keikan' though his kanji probably has a police-based alternative reading as a lot of content makers in Japan love making names have double meanings.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Q-taro struck me as a dick back in the Russian Roulette game with the way he hammered on Keiji but jesus christ.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I think since nobody knew the vote ends with death, and Nao's first instinct is to turn to Mishima so it was a blind panic vote.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the weirdest thing with our core group is Kanna's bucket hat and Alice's hair. Everyone has more or less pretty sensible designs with very vivid coloring - Miley's really the odd one with her slime crown.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

unless homemaker is a euphemism, like how a cleaner is a euphemism for a hitman.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I don't believe Keiji is involved with the game masters, but there is definitely something sketchy about how he glosses over certain topics, and our brief bit with his PoV with his own trauma hallucination after Sara falls asleep, and I noticed, with his head and the position of his pupils, it seems like he's looking in Sara's direction, but not directly at her, as if avoiding direct eye contact.

I don't think he intends to do harm to Sara, but he's not entirely on the up and up.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

My thing with Miley is her character sprite's outfit is different from the doll that they put together and had allegedly 'woken up' (Namely her gloves). Makes me think there's substitutions going on in multiple direction.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mai and Anzu are feminine names, Shunsuke, Ranmaru and Naomichi are masculine.

So I'm guessing the suicidal girl might be Anzu. As Tenebrais I think got the rest correctly named.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Firing a blank into your own skull will almost certainly kill you anyhow.

Quite a few people died this way, thinking blanks = harmless (and Brandon Lee infamously died because of a freak mishap with a blank). Unless this is meant to be straight up Russian Roulette with empty chambers.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

yeah, given we're sure Sou is using a different name thanks to Alice noting Sou is the name of the guy he killed, "Sou" probably smashed his AI to prevent people from knowing who he really is.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Guys, don't they need to use the phone in their bedrooms to make the trade? They pointed out Keiji had to use the phone in Sara's to make the keymaster trade.

So I don't think it's Sou who made that trade.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Goon Boots posted:

What does Scary Joe mean when he says we can't get rid of him "again"?

I'm guessing referring to Sara using the machine? Though iirc that's completely optional.

Or more likely, the "first time" is when Joe was executed.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That's my thought, is the paired trials that we know about have connections: Mashima-Nao, Kanna and her sister, Keiji and his supervisor, Sara and Joe, and as selfish as Q-Taro is, and how young Gin is, I think they'd be more distraught on first meeting if they were paired up.

As for his boss, I kind of got the impression that she's into him but he's not into her, so uh there might be some multiple, layered reasons for her to bury the incident.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mindblast posted:

I'm not sure what to think of Keiji's boss. She wasn't shown in a light that suggests she's actively malevolent... but on the other hand Sou also hid his brand of crazy pretty well in the early game.

Like, I almost got the impression she isn't intentionally malevolent, but my very woolly impression is she suppressed the killing, and tried to leverage it to gain Keiji's affections and given how earnest he seems in the flashback, that would be horrifying for him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Sou

Because really, a traumatized kid is not someone who can actually consent to being murdered, and I'm pretty sure Sou's freak out here isn't faking.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

differentiating posted:

EDIT: Unless you're asking why the game masters didn't just use "SHIN" in place of "SOU" whenever possible... which is a good question.

I suspect given it's a test ground for something... they saw what he was doing and decide it's a valid strategy

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I suspect that's to accommodate if you successfully beaten the first monster in time or not, as she does die if you don't.

Also anyone find Mai's eyes unsettling? Everyone else has either flat-colored or normal 'dark pupil' eyes but hers are colored almost to look like they're glowing and she's the only one with eyes drawn and colored like that.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

... would it be possible they're both the guy's kids?

depending on when litte Keiji talked he might not know his wife was having twins and through circumstances Sara was taken while Joe was left. They both have shades of brown for their hair and similar parts.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mystic Mongol posted:

The majority of their audience is going to read it now, not a year or two from now. Art isn't pure and making minor changes to keep people from tittering during your extremely serious murder game is a good call.

yeah, especially when said audience tend to have a limited reference pool and think every game of this type is inspired by Dangan Ronpa or Among Us (Gnosia get hit hard with the latter because some people apparently didn't realize werewolf/mafia existed before that game)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

mycelia posted:

Komaeda, on the other hand...You can't make a kid sign a contract! That's not legally binding at all!

especially as he was clearly lying to Gin about the nature of it.

But yeah as others say it's likely used to piss off the "contestants"

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

mycelia posted:

...Unless Sara got swapped out for a doll at some point after the first trial, which I hadn't considered until literally right now. That would also be kind of lovely, but there's precedent with Reko. I don't think they'd do that, though. Probably.

There's a big difference between swapping a major supporting character and a character the player is controlling without letting the player know.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Tax Evasion posted:

I also like how this game does not feel the need to include comic relief characters. Every character in the game is significant and serious.

everyone has funny moments, but they're not gag characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

yeah, I felt like Keiji has been heavily waving death flags this whole chapter - I'd be shocked if he survives.