Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
A very eventful update. Seems there’s quite a bit going on now. The worst part about threads like this is finally catching up with the OP – I’m at a total loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Under normal circumstances, I'd push the doll. But I'm more interested in seeing where the game goes if you spare it.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Interesting. If you don't push, Q-Taro and Gin survive, and both Rekos die anyway. I wonder what happens if you do push? Something similarly unexpected, probably. Undermining the player's choice like this feels like a bit of a cheap trick, but we'll see how it goes.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

This is also less cheap and actually good writing too because the character Q-Taro also choose to exercise agency and his motivation is nicely and clearly defined. He is sad about not having parents, so when he remembers Gin's relationship with his family and imagines his loss he is moved to take action. This is fine lol.

Even if this isn’t cheap - and I disagree, as Q-Taro would’ve experienced the same motivations before the characters could have found a clever way out - Keiji suddenly remembering that he’d seen an antidote in the kitchen (was this ever even mentioned before?) isn’t spectacular.

E: I suppose I don’t really have a leg to stand on here; I voted specifically to see what’d happen when the Rekos met each other and how it’d handle the remainder of the poison and ended up getting exactly what I’d asked for.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 14, 2020

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

List of people surprised by this twist:

I am shocked, shocked to find that treachery is going on in here.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Vote Shin/Sou. He might be useful, sure, but the dude’s hardly there to begin with - surviving this at Kanna’s expense will probably send him right off the deep end.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

What a needlessly brutal death. If this is some sort of hosed-up training, what kind of monster is it supposed to turn Sara into?

E: And what sort of risks are they willing to take? AI(?) Sara had, what, a 17% chance of survival? They put this whole thing together with a 5/6 chance that they'd end up killing their prodigy?

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 17, 2020

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Looks like this was the right choice. RIP Shin/Sou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

I support B