Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

differentiating posted:

As a major Zero Escape & Dangan Ronpa fan, I'm definitely interested in seeing how this one goes! Feels like a pretty good mix of the two.

Regarding this new revelation... didn't Joe say earlier that he'd gotten close enough to punch the stalker in the face? So he should recognize him as well. Is that why he was so suspicious earlier, talking about how the culprit is likely blending in with them? That would explain a lot.

I also find it interesting how early the game seems to be flagging both Kai and Sou (the person who told us about morality votes) as suspicious. Presumably that means neither of them are actually behind it, since it's too early for that sort of twist to be revealed, but we'll see.

Has Joe ever seen the stalker before? He might have just assumed the stranger in Sara's house was her stalker because that's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

yamiaainferno posted:

Also, if I'm doing my math correctly then 20 original players, with 12 that we've met, introduces the possibility that everyone had a partner of some sort-- 10 pairs, with only Joe and Sara and Mishima and Nao managing to save everyone. There were only 3 keys, but the traps in the other rooms could have been different. This would also mean that everyone other than Kanna lied.

Keep in mind we've only met 11 people so far including Sara.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

I dunno what Sou's deal is, but the other person who voted for Mishima was Nao. Y'know, his student that he came here with in the first place. She like definitely didn't distrust him; if anything, she idolised him.

Why she'd vote for him, however, when everyone else seemed to realize that self-voting was the obvious thing to do here is very debatable, though.

We don't know that everyone else self-voted, only that a bunch of people got 1 vote. It's possible that Nao voted for someone else and THAT person voted for Mishima.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sou is a complete monster holy poo poo, and he's 100% with the kidnappers considering Miley's conveniently timed interruption.

We can't see it, but Miley said earlier that those hourglasses in the background were showing how much time was left for discussion, therefore Sou doesn't need to be with the kidnappers to time anything.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

There's a double sized gap between Sou and Naomichi's names, so it probably said "Shun" originally and got changed to Sou later leaving a gap where the 'n' was.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

This could be a huge dick move even if he did check it. Sara and Q-Taro might know each other's roles, but not their own.

The tablets are fingerprint activated, which is why Gashu didn't bother taking Q-taro's original one from Sara. She would've had to check it while she was with unconscious Q-taro.

Hydrosphere:
If I remember correctly there's optional dialogue on the Sort Out screen where Sara can "Ponder" each trade. That might be good to include.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 24, 2020

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
HydroSphere: Since we're getting close to the end of the chapter, what's your plan for this LP considering the rest of Chapter 3 Part 1 still hasn't been finished?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
I notice the recap didn't ask whether Anzu or Hayasaka died (in the graveyard/library fights).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Well of course...why do you think Komaeda needed (in case someone didn't play DR2)Junko's hands in DR2? Wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Makes me wonder. Has there ever been a one of these games where no, the participants really are just 10-12 random people with no connected backstories or uniting incident in their past?

I can't think of a game where they're all unconnected, but the film Circle is about 50 random people voting to kill a person every couple of minutes until there's one left.