Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So does the game just go to a Game Over if you gently caress up the first puzzle, or does it actually continue on with Joe as the POV character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So Sou just said that Joe... did the exact same thing as him and voted for someone else. I mean, at the end of the day, Sou, either way you voted for someone who wasn't yourself and are now trying to blame them for doing the same thing that you're guilty of. If Joe had voted for himself, then it could be both his and the professor that went explody instead of just the professor.

Besides, we still haven't seen Sou's collar, have we?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I forgot that Sara put the Sacrifice card back. Though I am curious now, what would have happened if she had both the Keymaster and Sacrifice cards? And especially if she was voted as the one who dies.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If you gently caress this up royally and everyone votes to kill you, Sou reveals that he didn't have a neck bomb all along, doesn't he? Because that is exactly the type of reveal I would expect at this point.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just imagine if actually saying what your card said your role was, was enough to trigger the "Don't reveal the existence of this card or you die" clause.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oof, that's a hell of a gut punch. Throw your best friend to the wolves, or risk the wolves eating you. The sad part is, I think you would have to throw him to the wolves, because Sou is most certainly the Sacrifice, and Alice either knew already, or is the only one who realized it and hoping to be the one he saves.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Technically, they don't say 10 clear stars each, just that you need 10 clear stars or you die. It could be a "everyone passes or everyone dies" situation meant to stir up distrust before the second Main Game.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Not to mention the whole "Tell anyone that this card exists and you die" bit. I'm guessing Sou already had a commoner card when he picked up the Sacrifice card, and the rules don't take into account someone having two role cards.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So what are peoples guesses as to what's going on? My current 3 beliefs are:

A) Everything we've been shown is true, and we need to care not only about our lives but the lives of others in the same situation.

B) That some of the people are honest, while others are on the side of the game masters. The professor and Joe are on the side of the game masters and are now loving with the group, Kai was a target of opportunity before he actually spilled the beans. "Moles" may or may not have a grudge against MC's family.

C) This is all one giant mind-trip to break MC, everyone is in on the act and have grudges against MC or MC's family.

I'm not quite sure which answer is the most "anime" of the three, the whole situation with the "dolls" feels like its setting up for a The Prisoner mind-gently caress ending.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm going to guess something to do with the Gardens basically churning out child soldiers for the highest bidder?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nah, the 200 coin machine would be setup so that whatever it dispensed fell in just the right way that it would get jammed at the bottomxand you would have to buy a second item to dislodge it.

I mean, that seems to be how most drink machines are in real life, so...

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Man, can you believe those 3? They didn't trust us at all! We shouldn't trust them ever again at anything in this place, and throw them away after using them."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Push her. This is the trolly problem, but with the choices being "a young child" and "a poor Xerox copy of one of the other players".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If it were Sou, my vote would be "push the fake into the pit after he gets his fifth shot". But then again, I tend to make it a rule of thumb to not trust replicants.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kai was the one that caused Sue to bleed, right? I wonder if that was because he knew she was not a doll, but also knew no one would take him at his word.

And I'll be curious to see what happened when we do push the doll into a pit.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, either way Sou would be able to twist the situation to make Sara look like the bad guy.

"Hey, she chose to spare the fake Reku over Gin, and now Reku is dead because of her/She chose to kill Reku without knowing if she was really a doll or not, she could do it to us next".

But yeah, after seeing Q-Taro actually take the hit, I'm willing to believe that he pushes the button and the needed weight changes to spite us or that it'll shoot all the darts at once instead of one at a time. I'm hoping for a different outcome (I'm going to guess "When the doll dies, Reku's head explodes as well" as the reason), but killing Gin in some way seems like the potential outcome, or killing Reku just to keep the narration the same for the next chapter.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeaaaaah... I'm happy they went with Sou being antagonistic and Alice just having a shady past but isn't straight-up evil like the beta Alice looks.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Elfface posted:

They told the collections agent 'Alright, we're ready to start, grab the big redhead' and he kidnapped the girl he was stalking instead of Q-taro.

Or else she was visiting with the professor when he was nabbed and the kidnapper decided that there was no harm in having a second body to throw into the games. Her information sounds more like a quick summary of her than the more in-depth AIs, so maybe she was on the long-list of "players", got cut from the list, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That... huh, you know, that just feels like a cheap shock death. "Whoops you died from the doll's collar exploded from me tossing the head. Not from the drop onto spikes, the head being cut off of the body, or any point between then and now."

Hell, I was expecting Nao to be pushed in with the fake doll when I saw the shot of her right in front of us, or for the fake doll to pull her in with her.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, Q-Taro might have been ordered by the captors to just put them down around the place, I think he already did something for them at that point as part of his "trial". He seems like a handy big guy for the masterminds to use as an unwilling assistant without necessarily being a bad guy himself.

Yeah, he's already shown to be rather cowardly, using him as their catspaw and telling him "Hey, place these cards secretly, and if you do so, you get first pick of which card you want" would certainly fit his shown attitude.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

He 100% already knows what's on that laptop and is planning on using it to drive a wedge further between Sara and the others.

Did he edit something on it like he did the phone?

"I, Sara, am totally looking forward to working with your organization full of creepy nearly-human dolls, and I can't wait for the game to start. Boy oh boy do I love earning peoples trust before killing them, and stabbing everyone in the back as hard as I can. I'll make sure to bring my bestest friend in the world along so he can be killed in the first vote.

Love and kisses,
Sara"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Considering that it's all on tablets, the Sage card could just say "The current keymaster is:"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just finished Persona 5 Royal the other day, so Reko's "gently caress you, I want to remember the bad along with the good" resonates a bit more after that.

Did you need to have the memory wipe in the last chapter, or was that just if you were hitting every hallucination?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Sorta. I think it's a multi-layer plan. "We're going to escape together, but if that doesn't work out, haha, Sara's the Sacrifice".

There's a potential snag with that, depending on if each tablet is explicitly linked to each person's neck bomb, because Sara can just keep Q-Taro's tablet and hand him the Sacrifice tablet and say it was his. She does know he was the one that planted the cards from the first game now.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So there's zero chance that Sou's actually the sacrifice, right? This was all deliberate to get Kanna to save herself before he tries to get rid of Sara.

Considering Sou's reaction when Keiji said that she would be able to defend herself when he "nominated" her, I think Sou really was just trying to throw her under the bus. Besides, didn't he claim to be the Sacrifice last time as well?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

The game did not end up going that direction, but the players did learn that "dolls don't bleed". If everyone's willing to inflict minor wounds on each other, those meeting in-person can guarantee that nobody is fake.

What do you think they did with all the blood they sucked out of Joe? Now all the dolls have realistic human blood.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

We're also assuming there isn't some other punishment awaiting Q-Taro for breaking his tablet. But its totally going to be Sou loving everyone again, isn't it?

Also, we're assuming that the broken tablet is actually Q-Taro's, and not Sou taking Q-Taro's and breaking his own so he could manipulate Q-Taro into thinking he wasn't the Sacrifice.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I dunno, I can see Keiji taking the Sacrifice card and taking the hit for Sara (or hoping to persuade her to vote for him so they can both escape). His secret is out now, but he always seemed to be trying to do good, and he may view it as a chance of redeeming himself.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Actually, have we seen Gin's collar? For that matter, have we seen his face? ... eh, it'll probably turn out that he has that anime disease where he can be 600 years old and still look 12.

Though another point in favor of Gin being the main villain, Gashu was very "Yes-man" to all of his comments and jokes. Whether that's because he's playing along to keep a child calm, or because Gin is his boss (and can blow off his head at any time)... just something to mull over.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... I was serious when I said that they have a whole Joe-worth of blood just sitting around. Wouldn't be hard to stage Gin having an "accidental" scratch. That being said, theres no reason to believe that dessert-head isn't a human if Gashu is as well.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

hey girl you up posted:

He said, "All I might do now [due to time constraints]... is hack the role card data..."

About a minute later, the 5th trade happened, and Sara lost her Sacrifice.

If I were to guess, he removed the "sacrifice dies if not the majority vote" part from the sacrifice card, and then took it back from Sara with his remaining 50 tokens.

That would give him 2 votes, and if group of assholes vote him to death, he gets to escape with the BFF of his choice instead.

I'm half-expecting it to turn out that he has the Sacrifice card, someone else bites the bullet and dies, then Gashu says "Hang on, who has the Sacrifice?" and when Sou laughs and explains what he did, Gashu just shoots him dead because the rules state that he's responsible for making sure the game runs correctly.

Either that, or someone realized that Reko was one of the choices for swapping cards, and gave her the Sacrifice.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Eh, fair enough. I mean, they still have Joe on the frame for questioning people.

Wait, why haven't we been allowed to slip into full insanity and ask Joe his thoughts on the matter?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It IS possible that we're missing a sheet, with the four missing names all at ?%. Though don't they have a Joe doll, despite him not being on the list?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Something still seems off about the "Someone broke their tablet, a replacement one has been made available, make sure that only the person who broke their tablet takes it". I mean, they're supposed to be encoded, so they would have to know who broke their tablet, so why not just say "Q-Taro, here's a replacement tablet. Sorry about the inconveniece". I'm suspecting that's when Gashou did his game fuckery. Q-Taro hasn't actually LOOKED at his new tablet yet, has he?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Joke" answer- Nao, because gently caress these bunch of losers (and Gin and Kanna), plus I admire how she waited until the very end to make the offer to Sara.

Serious answer, Kanna, because A)she had already accepted her death, B) is not as useful as Sou, and C) spite for Sou. I can only hope that Sara just looks Sou dead in the eye and says "Why shouldn't I vote for Kanna, Sou? You said it yourself. She's just useless dead weight that won't possibly contribute to our escape. You were fine with voting for her a few minutes ago Sou." And just twist that knife as much as she can when she votes for Kanna. Because gently caress Sou, he doesn't get the easy way out of this game.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"And they lived happily ever after. The end."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, I can understand Safalin giving Sara the remote. Either way, the group forced Sara to become the murderer (yeah, yeah, Nao could have voted for someone else) and the least Safalin could do to ease Sara's burden is by letting her make it quick and painless. I mean, Nao, you've forced Sara to be a killer with the choice, the least you could is die quickly so Sara at least makes it a mercy killing.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

B sounds like the best option. Then again, I also voted for killing a suicidal young lady over the backstabbing bastard, so take my vote with a grain of salt.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I do find it interesting how, even with no outside influence, Shin is still calling himself Sou. I'm not sure if this was just because they didn't want to spoil that for people who play this before coming across that plot twist in the main game, or if he just has inherent trust issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

NAME REDACTED posted:

:tinfoil: COMMENCE THE WILD SPECULATION

I would guess that Miley is lying, unless that's the game's way of just explicitly ignoring when people have died in-game.