Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

oh no it went full creepypasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Akumu posted:

What if everyone in the game is themselves an AI in a lifelike doll

I know this was probably a joke, but it's plausible enough. It would explain Mishima's head just falling off, which is pretty anatomically improbable for an actual human.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

One thing I've been wondering about is whether or not the attractions are supposed to be considered part of the game/story and not just a plot contrivance to include some interactive mini-games and add tension for this part of the game.. If we consider them as truly real, then we have to contend with the idea that the characters have really interacted with a mine cart, some type of card battling game, ghosts(?), giant bugs, and more dolls. I'm guessing because none of the characters really make any remarks about the attractions, we don't need to examine them too closely. The only one of importance seems to be the attraction Sara and Reko found.

I don't think there's any reason to assume the attractions are non-diegetic, since it's already been established by the rest of the game that whoever's controlling this has a ton of resources to create elaborate environments, AI, and the dolls, and we've already seen a "mini-game" like this earlier with Gin in the cage. I assume the characters aren't talking about the contents of the attractions because "these assholes are making us play dumb arcade games with their dolls" is not really the most pressing issue at play.