Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yeah I mean, I figured that someone so wrapped up in a certain relationship with his sister and also hasn't seen her in 2.5 years wouldn't be able to tell if she was swapped. The difference would be more stark in someone who only knew her in the death game, a much shorter period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yeah that's a fun little dad quirk

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's a tree...............

Also lol, this smacks of Sou stirring up poo poo. I wonder how he's actually going to be the good guy in the end before he dies.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nao

We've given up too many chances to get tokens........... Might as well pick some up.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

im good at trolly problems!

PUSH HER SARA DONT WORRY THEY'RE ARENT HUMAN THEYRE ROBOTS

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The track is called samurai woman because you have to kill your emotions to save lives and im pretty sure this is yakuza boss grooming.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I cannot believe that through our inaction we are dooming a small child to a painful death and possibly the death of the real reko.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Not pushing is tantamount to murder of gin. By choosing not to save a life we are almost committing the murder ourselves. We don't know what it is like to exist as a doll AI, we do know what it's like to be human and exist as human. There's no evidence that she isn't a sophisticated program, a machine, rather than a thinking person. There is nothing sacred about lines of code designed to mimock human behavior and elicited emotional responses, when as far as we know, there is one and only Gin.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i would push the fake in for sou

also yes this question would be harder if it literally was a 'difficult' or 'bad' person being sacrificed and not an innocent child person. fortunately it is an innocent child we are choosing to murder through our innaction and sou will be sure to crush us with that knowledge.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean naturally they would have to sort out the implication of having two reko's running around. I think this is fair because having another survive leaves the fate of the original uncertain.

Also that is a TOP TEN ANIME BETRAYAL. WOW! I wonder if that happens to ranger if we go the other path.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is also less cheap and actually good writing too because the character Q-Taro also choose to exercise agency and his motivation is nicely and clearly defined. He is sad about not having parents, so when he remembers Gin's relationship with his family and imagines his loss he is moved to take action. This is fine lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Akumu posted:

Perhaps the lesson is that consequentialism is not a useful framework for moral decision making when you have no way of predicting consequences.

:hmmyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what a happy ending for sara uwu

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

huh

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Goon Boots posted:

I wonder how much these other participants will matter in the future, seeing as they went through the trouble of making design for them.

Im going to guess that they were having a bit of fun with the concept and design, but with regards to actual plot they are extras.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

It's either him or Nao, since Gin doesn't have enough coins.

If it is Sou, I must wonder why pick that moment to do it.

Oh Nao giving Sara the sacrifice card is :discourse: just right for drama and fits into the trend of Sou taking the rap for doing anti-sara things while just playing the game as other people have.

Also uh, now it kind of makes sense why they needed to write out Keiji being able to save Sara by just swapping cards with her, with the earlier trade to gain trust, unless he's in on it with Nao.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

TRICK!

We saw the future.... and trusting other's leads to the death of Gin and Keiji.... And our own demise! We have to trick them to win so that sou doesn't win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i believe in sou.