System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

This game is way better than my first impression, and I'm very thankful you're LPing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

ACAB, but he's been pretty reasonable so far. Thus, he's lying

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

He's totally trying to play the heel to shake people out of shock, but not surprisingly, the kids don't respond well to that. He pretty much gives the game away with his reaction of shock to Kanna saying she's fine with dying.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sou is, like, 1000% the sacrifice, and he's gonna pick Sara.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Sou were the Sacrifice, he'd claim he's the Sage.

Looking at this from the outside.

So, two keymaster calls and no sage calls.

At least one of the keymasters is lying, but one is probably telling the truth

The sage pretty much has to be in the final group, as there is no reason to hide your role if you aren't in the final group.

More speculatively, the sacrifice would have had some sort of reaction to not being in the final group.

Honestly, I think there's a pretty good chance that Sou is the sage. Once we make the call, he makes his own call and the villagers have a 50/50 chance on all dying. Alternatively, they can go with a 1/3 chance on hitting the sacrifice on the other people left in the final group.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

It does get a little vague later in the explaination, but it's also very explicit that a minimum of two people will die.

There are three cases:

Keyholder is selected: Everyone dies.
Sacrifice is selected: Everyone but the Keyholder and their chosen selection die.
Someone else is selected: Voted person and Sacrifice die.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

All aboard the Sou bandwagon

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

That last image is heartbreakingly painful. Just... I did not expect this game to have these kind of teeth.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

After viewing that face... well, it's not like I needed to sleep tonight anyway.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Robindaybird posted:

unless homemaker is a euphemism, like how a cleaner is a euphemism for a hitman.

It does make me think of "Way of the Househusband..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hahaha, its got a sanity meter. What a nasty mechanic to toss in. I love it.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

And suddenly we're playing the Genius?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Kudos to whoever made the banner ad.

Also, Keiji

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

A Bystander posted:

Whoa, the people who are actively trying to kill us in terrible, awful, undignified ways aren't willing to play fair. That's hosed up.

Yeah, but they keep saying they're playing fair. It's worth pointing out that they're full of poo poo.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

That opening shot of Sou has been hanging over the whole game for me, and I gotta say, having it be his "shadow of despair" is a really satisfying explanation.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, to Be clear, is saving Sou a valid path to the next chapter?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'm glad they've got the refresher, but I still feel like I need to re-read it to be ready for the final chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

You also have to sign a positively STIFLING non-compete that prevents you from participating in any form of death game, battle royale, or murderous escape room for ten years. Not worth it.

What about normal escape rooms?