Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Level Seven posted:

She keeps snacks in it, duh.

Neat that Professor Nagito-hair isn't completely nuts if the way he trick-relaxed Kanna is anything to go by.

Being able to manipulate people like that means we should probably watch him very carefully. Not just what he says, but how he says things. Not actually being completely nuts is frankly even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

I say lying. It does seem like there's more to him than is being told if they're gonna toss something like this out, even if it's a bit meta-gamey to guess. Maybe a former criminal or Yakuza instead?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Jadecore posted:

Well, keep in mind, we do have one absent person accounted for, even if we don't know her name right now. Kanna's sister.

We have about eight missing people. It's been implied there should be 20 people in this group.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Junpei posted:

My minimal knowledge of Japanese makes me feel like "Alice" should have been localized as "Arisu" just so it sounds... you know... Japanese.

I have no clue if it's changed for localization, but the basic intent looks to have been have the player look at the name and assume Alice => female. Just using "Arisu" doesn't achieve that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Tylana posted:

Dammit Sou, don't pull a SPOILER on us.

Also hmm. Should play Dangan3 sometime, but money and gotta chew through Somnium first.

DR3 is really good and well worth a play.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

differentiating posted:

Sou is a total rear end. Though it is hilarious that he legitimately thinks people should side with him (who's been shady all game) over Sara (who's been helpful all game). Sounds like someone doesn't have many friends or understand how people work in general.

That being said, I'm guessing the 5 people nominated for possible death will be Sara, Joe, Kai, Sou, and Nao, since they're the 5 who've been questioned most recently and people are probably not going to be sure which faction to trust. I doubt Sou will die after being established as the clear villain, but it'll be interesting to see how he talks himself out of this one - unless he just skates by on virtue of claiming Keymaster.

I'm hoping he accidentally talks himself into being the one EVERYONE votes for :munch:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Sou is a shitstirring troublemaker that needs to die.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

I don't think Miley's as high on the villain food chain as she makes out to be, and if push comes to shove she might even be disposable or replaceable for whoever's running this nightmare.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Gosts posted:

"Don't end up like Mr. Policeman" Is one of my favorite moments of the game- basically the entire post that just happened. It's really good characterization.

I really love it too. That one image just sums up what kind of hell he's enduring behind all the friendly smiles.

I also can't wait to see what happens in the Bad Ending :suspense:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Junpei posted:

What did Sou have to gain from giving Joe the card? The kicks of seeing Sara lose him?

Sara became the emotional core of the group, and Sou seems to loves kicking over anthills. Killing her best friend in front of her would sure do the trick.

Let's go kill that motherfucker.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Let's go Nao->Sara->Reko too. We already got some Reko tokens.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

So, uh, are we shooting for a Bad Route with making the Hallucinations worse? I'm guessing the cap is 100 points on that?

:stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Insertnamehere31 posted:

So Keiji's lying about being first on the scene. I'm betting he saw Nao do it and is covering for her.

Yeah, if he was really going to investigate he'd want everyone there now to preserve the crime scene and investigate while it's fresh. Hurrying everyone off to bed and away from there is just the opposite of good detective work.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm genuinely confused about Sou doing a genuinely good thing. He got nothing out of it too, he would've gotten the laptop regardless, so why? Is there a part of him that isn't a complete monster?

Now Kanna's firmly on his side for the next Majority Vote and she's emotionally stable . Showing the original message gets him nothing in the future except burning her as an asset to spite Sara.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Didn't they say the cap is 100 on Hallucinations? We've gotta be near that already, surely?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

wologar posted:

How do gachas fit into this?

Enjoy your Common-tier item! :yayclod:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

I wonder if it could be done as a question of timing? Have Q-Taro push the button at juuuust the right moment so the stinger hits the target rather than either of them?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

There are walls to the Impression Room "tunnel". If the 3 descend cooperatively, they should be able to make it down safely.

That said, if Reko is a fake, this isn't going to fly.

Given the way the game loves to pull fakeouts just to twist the knife in Sara and the player, what are the chances that Reko's been swapped back since the Room of Lies?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Push her. We're gonna be feeling guilty for one dead person on this either way between Gin and Reko I reckon, may as well make it a neutral deficit of one dead Reko and one alive Reko.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Eumenides posted:

I'm gonna go with Spare Her. This fake Reko seems essentially indistinguishable from a regular human, so killing her would be morally equivalent to killing Gin. The real difference is that one would require us to actively commit the act, whereas Gin at least is in the hands of Q-Taro, who despite his behaviour still has the option of either sparing Gin or possibly even saving them both. Either way killing this Reko is a bad look for us.

The point of this exercise is clearly to make us waste time agonizing over killing the Doll-Reko so either Gin or Q-Taro suffer more stings while everyone talks in circles though. We also don't know what other kind of programming she may have, so having a Doll made by the people running this game among the group seems certain to bite them in the rear end down the road simply because they forgot that fact and trusted her.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Personally I’m gonna say spare her mostly because the game seems to have something it wants to say about the Doll’s personhood and I’m curious where it’s going in that direction; which is likely cut short if we push her here.

I think that's the trap though; they go on about trusting a Doll of Reko, made by their captors, because it looks and acts relatively like her. What are the odds they have a remote override, or she has secondary programming that will backstab the group later BECAUSE they trusted the doll made by their captors?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

differentiating posted:

I feel the need to point out that not killing the fake Reko isn't the same as trusting her blindly. We can keep her alive while still being wary of her. That's basically what we've been doing with Sou all chapter, after all.

That being said... I wouldn't be surprised if Rio Ranger decided to kill her off regardless, since she's been outed as a fake and thus is no longer really capable of sowing much discord once this attraction is done. But I still personally think the better choice here would be to refrain from pushing her and instead pressure Q-taro to step up and save Gin's life.

If the fake lives it will almost certainly be a question of when, not if, that knife goes in their collective backs.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Sou might also find pushing the robot/doll/whatever to be gross, given his actual response to her crying about it was "this feels wrong---she's even crying like a real person would"

Taking literally anything Sou says at face value means you've fallen for whatever bullshit Sou's trying to pull next. He's demonstrated repeatedly that Sou is in this for Sou, anything and anyone else is a means to that end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yes, the very real, inescapable downside of the murder doll promptly forcing another murder minutes after the first one, and then being killed by their father, a researcher into negative emotions who is also a doll. I mean, who couldn't see that coming? I learned that poo poo in introduction to professional ethics in engineering, and am ashamed that I forgot about it.

A good portion of us said something like this would happen, specifically because she was a Doll made by our captors and they want to gently caress over the group any way they can. There was no way a Doll of them made to look like a trusted friend wasn't going to pull something that'd screw the group over. "I told you so" is a pretty apt response to how this played out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Hazdoc posted:

He's still a suspicious character, but he's unlikely to screw us over this round... probably. Maybe. I hope.

Nah, Mr Policeman's just walking around with a shitload of guilt and god-knows-what-else, trying to not to let whatever hosed him up happen to Sara (if not everyone else). He's a good lad, and betrayal's not really something I'd expect him to do. I'm more worried about some kind of almost-certainly-pointless self-sacrifice if anything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Onmi posted:

Wow that trial with the guns is like... that's a bullshit trial from Zero Time Dilemna. Like "Hey, here's two guns, fuckin' pick." "Is there... anything to determine which gun to fire?" "No!"

That's not a trial, that's a coinflip, you might as well just flip a coin when the trial starts and go "Okay and you're dead."

The thing with ZTD is the bullshit nature of the trials is their very point. If the participants don't know which will do what, it creates a far greater divergence in possible outcomes due to the indecisive nature of choosing between them.

To be fair, we're not actually seeing the whole trial here, just how they failed. Remember Sara and Joe's own trial had the key hidden within the key that got both out instead of just one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Well that's sure a face :stare:.

Don't shake his hand.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Keep in mind, Sara is a known hallucination haver.

Yeah, but this looks more like her new detective insight kicking in than horrifying hallucination.

Especially when we know Sou is a total bullshitter and nothing he says can be taken at face-value.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Robindaybird posted:

Guys, don't they need to use the phone in their bedrooms to make the trade? They pointed out Keiji had to use the phone in Sara's to make the keymaster trade.

So I don't think it's Sou who made that trade.

Sou ran off, and any phonebooth in anyone's bedroom will do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Even with all this evidence people are clearly willing to listen to Sara, even those nominally on Souís team are hearing her out instead of accusing her.

That's why Sou stuck her with the Sacrifice Card. She's an active threat, and he has an opportunity to remove that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Mindblast posted:

So on one hand Safalin doesn't mind making use of Sara if she ends up abusing the mind eraser, but also will help them get an important chip? And is obligated to make the crazy robot suffer right before it dies.

The gently caress is her angle?

She genuinely thinks she is being nice to Rio (remember her emotions are just as hosed as Rio's), and is trying to help Sara out in a place where they're likely not being watched right that second.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Yeah I think that's the play here. kanna traded the sacrifice to sou, but is pretending that she took it herself. Naturally once people think sou isn't the sacrifice they'll vote for him. Sacrifice wins, Kanna and sou escape.

Kanna almost certainly gave herself the sacrifice; It'd remove herself from Sou's influence, gives her a second vote to gently caress Sou over with even more as well, and saves her surrogate Big Sister.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

...The button just makes the crusher go a little faster, doesn't it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

All her actions have been sadistic: preying on the mind-wiped Sara, giving Rio a sense of empathy before he died for good, lying about Kanna's execution...
Safalin's gimmick is "being sad." People mistook this for her feeling remorse, instead of just being part of her gimmick.

She seems to honestly believe she's helping people, she lacks the ability to understand that what she's doing is wrong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Mystic Mongol posted:

The majority of their audience is going to read it now, not a year or two from now. Art isn't pure and making minor changes to keep people from tittering during your extremely serious murder game is a good call.

You just know there'd be a fan translation with half the dialogue localized as "woah, that's sus" somewhere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

This is a minor thing, but the translation feels a bit weaker with this chapter to me. There's stuff like "Emiri" that's probably a direct translation of the Japanese characters instead of what should almost certainly be "Emily", and Kanna's dialogue is a little off the grammar. It's not bad by any means, but it really feels like it needs a second pass to clean it up a bit, if that makes sense?

Blaze Dragon posted:

So Kanna's probably adopted. I wonder if that will become relevant. It may end up tying her to Asunaro somehow, like Sara.

Come to think of it, her hair colour's the same as Komaeda's...:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

Hi, Everybody!

Fair enough!