Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

wologar posted:

How do gachas fit into this?

Japan is why most Gacha style games have to legally divulge your odds of giving any given item during any given event. They're not necessarily opposed to randomness, just uncertainty. If you have a thing that can only be rolled 1% of the time by god it needs to actually be able to be rolled 1% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Push. They're just as likely to kill this doll, or the real actual Reko, as not. They also said that fifth stinger was designed to kill a full grown adult so I think there's no way to just rotate the thing and be cheeky and have both people survive. Push the doll and save the real people, even if the doll is almost indistinguishable from real, because if we don't they might pull some cheeky bullshit about "only needing one Reko in the game."

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Polderjoch posted:

Gonna go with Spare Her, just based on the logic of this pre-game thing never having needed someone to actually die before; if 5 shots is enough to kill one man, then Q-taro and Gin can swap around. Even if Q-taro is a coward, not pushing Reko means we get time to explain that to Q-taro and hope he'll do the right thing.

It specifically said the fifth one alone would be enough to kill a full grown man, so if we leave it to the stinger someone dies. It's either let a definite person die or kill a maybe person, I don't think there's any cheeky way out of this without something dying it might as well be the robot.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Please get some more people in here to save the grade schooler over the obviously fake robot doll who has no guarantee of even actually feeling emotions instead of expressing that they feel emotions and who was also put there BY the people doing the murder game.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

placid saviour posted:

I love this loving forum where everyone turns into a lawyer-philosopher over a decision in an anime game

seeing kids die sucks. Even fake anime JPG kids.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Oh look! Rescuing the fake person who was created solely to toy with our emotions meant they were able to toy with our emotions and they killed her AND the real one anyway!

I am legitimately surprised they didn't kill either Q-Taro or Gin, though. I really did misread that bit about the fifth dart. But I get the distinct impression that if you'd pushed the Fake Reko in the real one wouldn't have had to die, the game worked really hard to make you work for the choice of learning about the fake reko in time to do something about it.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

Yeah. Pushing really does feel like it was the better route, even if there's a bullshit death that literally can't be predicted. At least with the Reko-Reko double-kill it's to be expected that trusting the fake Reko could lead to a "we don't need both" scenario so if you push the only blood actually on your hands didn't have blood. Plus one half of this family unit seems determinalistically dead, at least if you push they get some reconciliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

There's just way too much variance going on here. There's got to be some sort of 'purge' coming up where the dolls all get wiped out, or there's only one or two real ways this can go. Either way-

:suspense: