System Message

The forum store is down for maintenance and should reopen in the afternoon/evening (Central time). Thanks again to all the beta testers!
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

By the way, has there been any branching paths at all so far, or is this a linear story like Dangan Ronpa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Yeah I think he's calling the children out early so that they can defend themselves and be eliminated from the voting list.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Oof i just noticed the huge eye-bags on Sara and Kanna. It's a really nice touch and a sign of how bad things are.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

I can see his motive though. First, swap cards with Kanna so that she owes a debt to Sou. However, he needs to get rid of the sacrifice card somehow, so he'll know who he gave it to. The fact that it went to Sara's best friend was... either an unexpected bonus or malicious intent, that is the case that needs to be settled.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Definitely talk to Kanna. She clearly wants to tell you something.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Push her. Gin is definitely a human, this Reko is not.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

If push results in Gin dying i'm going to be really pissed. Went into thoughts about the next voting game though.

It's clearly divided into Team Sara and Team Sou at this point, with Team Sara consisting of Sara, Keiji, and Nao, while Team Sou consists of Sou and Kanna. Gin used to be on Team Sara, but after this incident he probably is on team Q-taro instead, and who knows how Q-taro will support. The one dilemma is Alice, and now that Reko is dead we have no idea how Alice is going to vote. So if Sara can get Q-taro + Gin on their side, they have a 5-2 advantage, and Alice wouldn't matter, but if Sou/Kanna can get the other 3 on their side, Sara's in trouble.

Of course, the roles are going to have their say in this matter, like if either Kanna or Sou gets the Sacrifice, they can scheme to get both of them out to safety.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

sleeptalker posted:

It's tempting to think the unknown smashed screen might have been Nao's, and that's why her info was just a document. However, with only 8 screens aside from Mishima's, there had to be at least one living player left out, so that's another possible reason her info wasn't presented as an AI.

I feel like that's most likely Kai, since his AI being alive would have shed a lot of info about the game.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

I think it's unlikely its Gin simply because he had a real chance of dying in that trial if Q-taro didn't swap and no one pushed Fake Reko into the pit, but maybe that's the real reason why Gashu executed Ranger?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Sou's really the only choice between the two, the very reasons why people want to save him (he's the smarter one, he knows his way around), are actually reasons against him because if you kill Kanna now he's never going to help anyone else in this game ever again. I think I would have voted Nao though, just to show a middle finger to the hosts (and also ask Nao to save one of the two children there).

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

If Komeada is indeed a robot, isn't Sara at a huge disadvantage here? There's only 2 humans (Gin, Hinako (i'm assuming Hinako is human for now)), and tons of robots in them, so unless Sara can get it correct on either of the first two tries, Komaeda wins?

... unless instead of the dummies entering to begin with, all the humans entered instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

No, that's Magic!

Ok, I reread everything again because I got confused
Initially - 9 coffins. 5 glow.

1. Gin - glowing coffin - human
2. Komaeda - glowing coffin - ?
3. Anzu - destroyed coffin - dummy
4. Keiji - non-glowing coffin - human
5. Ranmaru - non-glowing coffin - dummy
6. Kurumada - glowing/non-glowing?, dummy
7. Mai - glowing /non-glowing?, dummy

8. Hiyasaka - glowing coffin, dummy
9. Hinako - glowing coffin, human

Because Gin and Komaeda's coffins are brand-new, it's assumed that both their coffins are glowing, so one of Kurumada/Mai aren't glowing.

Which means that among the 3 glowing coffins left, one is a human (Gin), one is a dummy (Kurumada/Mai), and one more is unknown (Komaeda).
Which also means that Sara's next turn is quite screwed? Assuming the following:

If Komaeda is a human:
The game is screwed no matter what. There is no point to the hints because a glowing blue-light coffin has a 50-50 chance of consisting Gin or Komaeda. So, I got a feeling Komaeda can't be a human.

If Komaeda is a dummy:
If Sara hints a blue glowing coffin (33%), it's Gin, so she has a 50-50 chance of winning by choosing one of the other coffins.
If Sara hints a red glowing coffin (66%), it's either Komaeda or a dummy, so she has to choose it (50%). If she doesn't succeed, Komaeda always wins next turn because he hints one of the glowing and whacks Gin.
She always has a 50/50 if she hints a glowing coffin.

But what if Komaeda does it? (Sara can skip by whacking... Anzu... since her one is obvious).
If Komaeda hints a blue glowing coffin(33%), he wins.
If Komaeda hints a red glowing coffin (66%), he has a 50-50 of winning or shooting himself.
Komaeda has a 66% chance of winning, and a 33% chance of losing.

Not good odds for Sara at all?