Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I admit my first thought was to go with Nao but Ignatius is right, in this kind of situation going with the important item is the best way to know if we're dealing with a fake (which seems highly likely). Alice seems like the clearly correct choice here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't imagine this secrecy won't bite everyone in the rear end. After all, it's a reaction to Kai not being honest doing the exact same thing - had he (and Sara's dad) told Sara the truth in the first place, she wouldn't have returned home and both her and Joe would be safe. Admittedly, Sara would still have to run away or hide from this mysterious organization, but they wouldn't be in the death game at least, and Joe and Kai would be alive.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No reason not to trust in Nao here. I doubt we'll get much out of Q-Taro.

Also I'm genuinely worried but also curious about what Safalin was talking about, what can the dolls do that would help Sara's mental state?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm genuinely confused about Sou doing a genuinely good thing. He got nothing out of it too, he would've gotten the laptop regardless, so why? Is there a part of him that isn't a complete monster?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now Kanna's firmly on his side for the next Majority Vote and she's emotionally stable . Showing the original message gets him nothing in the future except burning her as an asset to spite Sara.

Spiting Sara is absolutely not something Sou is against though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Normally I'd prioritize gain but I'm way too curious about Keiji right now to vote otherwise, and I feel ignoring him may have bad consequences later since trust is breaking down.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have a lot of doubts about that video. For all Keiji's been shady, every time he's talked about himself, it felt genuine, especially now. And it would not be the first time wrong information appears in the game and causes mistrust. It's either completely fake or willingly cutting important information, but right now, I'm more willing to trust Keiji than it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well then! I knew this was coming but I wondered if the LP would avoid it. I guess not!

RIP whatever remained of Sara's mental health.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bifauxnen posted:

The names here that aren't present on the cards are:

Kai
Sou
Kugie
Joe
Nao

That's five, not four. Sou of course, is probably not using his real name so that checks out. He's probably the "self-employed" Shin, at 0%. I wouldn't have expected him to actually be at full 0% but it's not out of the question.

Kugie's a total unknown, but Kai and Joe and Nao would make sense at zero too. :smith:

Kugie is a female name I believe, so that's definitely Kanna's sister. 0% chances of survival makes perfect sense for someone that didn't even survive the preliminary game. I agree with Sou being a fake name and him being the 0% Shin, and considering the situation, he may either have this knowledge and that's why he's willing to throw everyone under the bus to survive, or he has no idea and he's exactly proving why he has 0% because he's horrendously untrustworthy. Both may be true, even!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goon Boots posted:

Well, if Keiji is right and the floor dolls can't lie about the important stuff, then we still have Rio's word that if we do things right "no one will have to die".

I'm thinking that might include this fake Reko - Fakeo if you will.

Spare

I was thinking the same. Every single time we've had a game that could've been solved without a death, someone ruined it to save their own hide despite Sara's effort. This time Sara gets the decision to sacrifice someone instead. Not Sou the sociopath, not Mishima who willingly killed himself twice, but Sara, that is, the player.

Let's pursue our happy ending. This time, we get the chance to. No more deaths, no matter what they may be. Spare Reko, and from there, save both of the captives.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, uh...I don't feel my choice mattered here if choosing to save someone means that someone dies anyways, and takes someone with her too. Feels kind of cheap in all honesty.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nick Buntline posted:

i mean, the game explicitly had a second prompt saying "you do realize not pushing means Gin dies right?". this was always a trolley problem, someone was always gonna die, it was just a matter of who and how.

Except that explicitely did not happen. Not pushing Reko killed the person we decided not to kill, not Gin. The game literally lied to the player here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, that second bad end is extremely creepy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tenebrais posted:

I liked his caption changing to Uncle Crabstache for a few lines.

Oh god, I didn't realize it did. That's hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"Kain you believe it" is an impressive pun for such an unemotional person.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Someone explain the pun to me because I'm not seeing it.

Also holy poo poo that's a way to make someone really suffer in their last moments. Deserved, but we could've avoided all of this had Gashu not been a monster to Ranger/Laizer in the first place.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wondered how this would fail, but at least I'm glad that it wasn't a trap from Sou's part and he really was honest this time. There was no internal deception (that we can easily see), they merely lacked data.

As such, I see no reason why we would stop trusting others. No one betrayed Sara after all, the enemy is still Uncle Crabstache and his dolls.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Goon Boots posted:

Oh yeah! Why is Reko's picture up there in the trading chart?

Laziness, probably. Since either Alice or Reko could be here, the developer just made a single graphic with both.

If it has any story implication I'll be shocked.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sara: *asks Gashu what the name list means*
Sara, immediately after: "Oh no! He knows I don't know what the name list means!"

Sara what the gently caress, you're better than this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Randalor posted:

It IS possible that we're missing a sheet, with the four missing names all at ?%. Though don't they have a Joe doll, despite him not being on the list?

That's basically the proof for me that we're missing a sheet. It'd have exactly four people, and these sheets are by numerical order - there's nothing saying that the four names we know should be there but aren't, aren't just at 0% themselves. After all, the names left are Kugie, Joe, Nao and Kai. Joe and Kai died early on and together at that, Kugie didn't even get to the first main game. All of them are very likely 0%, with Nao as the only exception, and even there she may have stayed alive this time entirely thanks to Mishima.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't trust Sou, even less so now. He already has issues with Sara, if Sara votes against what he wants (saving Kanna), then there's no reason to believe he'll ever be on her side. He's more useful than Kanna, sure, but he's also far less predictable, and I can't be sure if he'll aim his righteous anger the right way if we spare him. Not to mention, Kanna's a child and an innocent one at that, Q-Taro's right, sacrificing a child is not acceptable for adults.

My vote's for Sou. Though honestly, I wish Gashu had not killed himself or the game let you force a tie with Keiji, both seem like more interesting situations than "nothing the characters did actually mattered", which is all we got out of this trial. This game really seems to want me to dislike it during the main trials it seems, because this is the second time in a row where I feel like this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

wologar posted:

Why would Sara have such a high chance of victory? If she wasn't player-controlled, I would bet more on Keiji (and Reko) because they seem to be a better mix of cutthroat and friendly.

Sara is both extremely charismatic and extremely good at puzzle-solving. The latter means that she can solve anything outside of the main game, the former means the rest are unlikely to vote for her in said main game. It's a dangerous combination of factors that makes her extremely good for this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad Sara got to survive and got a girlfriend. Happy ending!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That went roughly as expected. Sparing Sou does not give us a logical ally, it gives us someone that already hated Sara, now with even more hatred. It was a blatantly wrong choice and I'm glad we didn't go for it.

The fake AI Joe was not expected though, and I don't think Sou could've pulled that one out so quickly, so this is likely from whatever Floor Master we meet next, if not Safalin herself. Safalin's bad attempts at looking kind completely broke down here too, not like I trusted her after the mind-mushing bad end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

B seems like the best choice here, hopefully it'll be enough for 3-1 to be released, but otherwise at least the LP still has new stuff.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is an interesting way to reuse assets for a completely different game. It's pretty neat!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What contradicted the main game? I'm bad at minor details. Sou just seems to lie even when he doesn't need to though, it's fine, you can just say you're an introvert that spends all day on a computer. We're no different from you, we won't judge you! We even use fake names too!

Also both events just made me think of Fire Emblem Three Houses C supports, fondness between characters increased but in both one side clearly left less happy than they went in (Sou then Mishima). Hopefully later events are nicer. Kai and Gin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Haifisch posted:

Kai and Keiji again.

Yeah, going for this, I need to see where these two are going.

Also I'm guessing the "memory curse" scene would be identical if you lost someone but with a lower number, only then the meaning changes drastically. That's really creepy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Arguably this is equally creepy or creepier if you killed boat girl or didn't give the injured guy enough food. The way Mishima acted in the alt timeline where he killed boat girl seemed odd at the time and this is an excellent explanation of why he acted like nothing just happened and like the girl hadn't been there at all.

Oh god, I hadn't even noticed that. That makes Mishima a lot less of a psycopath and gives us a brand new view on what happened there. Holy poo poo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't think there's much of a point in voting here but nonetheless I may as well make sure Stay wins. Leaving with Miley is blatantly a trap.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see no reason not to trust our friends and not leaving now will probably just mean death, so let's escape.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NAME REDACTED posted:

Yeah, I don't think anyone was expecting this to actually, like. Work. At all.

Are you going to be showing off the other two endings?

I'm still fully convinced we're seeing the AI simulations that led to the %s in the main game so none of the endings are likely to be happy ones, this just seemed like the closest to that.

Though I can't understand that last part at all, I wonder what happened there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mycelia posted:

I know a Komaeda when I see one.

Shin is kind of tempting but this is hilarious so I'll vote for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, this is a gameplay change I didn't see coming. Interesting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So I guess the gimmick of this chapter isn't fighting after all, but rather, different situations that can be solved through the individual skills of the full team. Neat!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HydroSphere posted:

Apparently Nankidai mentioned in a stream that they're aiming for releasing the next part in January / February.

Oh wow, that's relatively close. Hopefully that happens, I want to see how this ends.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The recap is quite useful after so long. That said, hell yeah, this continues!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So Kanna's probably adopted. I wonder if that will become relevant. It may end up tying her to Asunaro somehow, like Sara.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I kind of want to see the simulation with the completely heartless Sara, not gonna lie. If only to see the sheer contrast with our heroine here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was about to say that it was surprisingly nice of the game to let Ranmaru go without any more pain inflicted.

Of course, it was only the calm before the storm. Of course.