Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Well, the other First Trials were pretty heavy-duty stuff, as seen from the whole 40% death rate. Meanwhile, his, if he's to be believed, is just "Take the box with the doll's head with you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

cardinale posted:

Man, I am so invested in this.

Same. Going from binging the thread to reading updates as they're posted is making me anxious.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I mean, there's no way this ends well, but I still want this to all be genuinely struggling to get out together rather than a plan to screw Sara over. Like, we know from Q-Taro's leaving that that passage probably is a way out, since it's where he gets to leave, so this rings more like "Actual escape attempt that gets shut down" than "Just another step in Sou's keikaku"

I dunno, I just want everyone to be friends for once? Even if it doesn't last.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Honestly, I thought being knocked out and coming to in the prelude room before the Main Game was just how they were getting everyone in this time.

Interesting dream, though. Lends credence to the person who had that time loop theory.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Voting for Sou. He's come to the point of wanting to sacrifice himself to save someone on that. To be honest, I don't want either of them to die, but I especially don't want to spit on his character development.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Also that the trials were run with their AIs, which as we saw with Reko, didn't have the same mix present-day Reko did.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

drat, they did a good job with that. I got chills. Honestly, whenever I hear the music from here on, just gonna be thinking of... all this, you know? Need to find where to get it so I can listen more.

Wish I could vote on this thread more than once.

Doobeedoo fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 21, 2020

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

I'm honestly surprised we had people vote to kill Kanna. And after seeing the results of the path we chose, I'm very glad that most worked out the logic. Now Sara's gotten what she really needed from Joe, and she can be stronger for the trials to come.

But I have to note that I really wish we could've saved Nao. Though I suppose she's happy where she's at now.

We could!
It's even an ending!

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I'd Be happy to see some more of Mishima.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

HydroSphere posted:

Crafting – 22
Foraging – 25
Fighting – 6

Crafting – 14
Foraging – 26
Fighting – 8

A friendly reminder that Shin is worse at fighting than an elementary schooler.
He has the lowest Fighting.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Hah, Kai remains good.

Uh, Kai and Sou again, I suppose? What's most important is finishing what we start, right?

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Kai and Keiji

Yeah, I'm interested to see where this goes.
And what that possible box is when someone dies. Mind's jumping right to replica.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

I'd like to see more fondness events, but we were kinda building up to this. Escape.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Nick Buntline posted:

The lack of response to Mishima is noticeable, but I'm really interested in why he has an issue with the deep pull of Meister. He has no problems saying outright who all the other names he's rejecting are referencing, even to the point of recognizing both Rio Laizer and Rio Ranger, despite what I took as the implication that that was a "secret" that Safalin was breaking the rules to reveal. That would suggest that whichever player or game master was doing that voice is someone he doesn't want to admit was doing it - either a player in deep cover he doesn't want to reveal (unlikely, the only real option this could be is Alice, and that doesn't seem to make any sense), or someone involved in running the game we haven't seen yet. Given the endings to Your Time to Shine, I wonder if we're going to find out this entire thing is Sara competing against herself (which one is the doll is of course anyone's guess).

Also considering Your Time to Shine, I wonder if he has any response to Jin, Touko, or Rei (voting for the last one if he does allow it).

The link was to an earlier post. Remember the very first death game, with Sara, a gun, dummies, and dummy bullets? The Russian Roulette one?
The person giving them directions told the people participating to call them Meister.

I assumed it was Miley, but nah. Guess it was Sou.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Nick Buntline posted:

And if was Sou - well, A) it's not Sou, he's completely proven he's not on the GM's side at this point as far as I'm concerned, but B) the entire context for this conversation is him being unwilling to use a name Sou had taken for himself and C) Sou is dead, so even if he was a plant he isn't now. Why would he hold back?

Sou, not Shin. It obviously isn't Shin, I'm saying it's Sou. You know, the guy in front of us, looking surprised and somewhat murderous at that coming out of nowhere.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Music's real gud too

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Ooh... yikes!

I don't have more words than that.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Man, I wish I was smart enough to draw conclusions from the information we're given. Felt like I should leave a comment as some form of appreciation for this lp, but I've been just unable to think of what to say.
LP good, game good, I'm just really enjoying the ride.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Mirello posted:

Just posting to say thanks for helping tell this wonderful story hydrosphere!

:emptyquote:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

T-that's certainly a twist. How'd they even do that?

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Maybe the robots are modular and instead of making another Komaeda, he made another Qtaro?

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Sou's stomach is uh... Yeah, it's worrying. That goes beyond not healthy, that's... I don't know what to call that.
It's good to see Kai doing his thing to help, though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

It doesn't even have the depressing part at the ending, either. Happy ending is here, not taken away at all.