Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Randalor posted:

C) This is all one giant mind-trip to break MC, everyone is in on the act and have grudges against MC or MC's family.

I'm not quite sure which answer is the most "anime" of the three, the whole situation with the "dolls" feels like its setting up for a The Prisoner mind-gently caress ending.

I'm generally against theories that run along the lines of "the entire game was a massive hallucination/the main character was dead the whole time" or what-have-you, because a lot of the time, they feel like they're dreamt up by people with an excess of over-analytical impulse and a dearth of actual storytelling experience.* That being said, I feel like this game, so far, has done plenty enough in the way of hints and openings for a massive misdirection about the core premise that I wouldn't rule it out in this case. The dolls, in particular, are what really open the door on that, since my money says that there's gonna be at least one scene for every single character where it looks like they might get swapped out for a doll - or perhaps a different doll, since they may all have been dolls from the word go.

*Ask me about 'Squall is Dead' and 'Indoctrination Theory' sometime if you wanna see me get incredibly animated about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now that the plot has brought up that Sou hadn't shown anybody his collar up until that point, how long do y'all think it'll be before someone points out that, hey, we've never seen Gin's collar either?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Calling it now - the golden route alluded to where nobody dies in the subgame would require everyone to have touched the exact same number of Me-Tokens - anything else, and the front and backmarkers are killed

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

https://youtu.be/iQqOD7bGt4c?t=6

(and by that I mean Push, on the grounds that I feel like they're trying to set up the route where you don't push her as being the route that leads to good endings, and it doesn't make sense to go from good endings to bad ones)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Insertnamehere31 posted:

You know they say all death game participants are created equal. But you look at me and you look at Sou, and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally when you go into a death game you got a 5% chance of winning. But Iím a genetic freak, and Iím not normal! So you got a 2.5% AT BEST at beat me. See the death game, you got a 0/20 chance at winning, but I- I have a 3/20 chance of winning cuz Keiji KNOWS he canít beat me, and heís not even gonna try!

So Sou, you take your 0% chance, minus my 15.5% chance, and you got a -15.5% of winning at this death game. But then you take my 7.5% chance of winning if we was to go one on one, and add my 15.5 per cents, I got a 23% of winning at this death game.

SEE MCSOU? THE NUMBERS DONíT LIE, AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AS THE SACRIFICE!

Caption: THIS IS WHAT SOU ACTUALLY BELIEVES