Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Oh man, I really love this game. I've been waiting for part 3 to come out for a long time... But I can pass the wait by watching all you folks enjoy the ride! :yeshaha:

For obvious reasons I will decline to comment on future happenings... Other than to say this game is really good!

Plot characters story etc. are all wonderful... As a designer I have a lot of issues with the mechanics of the game. More on that later. But specifically, the 'red room' I found to be the most aggravating part of the game. It made me feel like I was playing a flash horror game on newgrounds with how nonsensical some of the puzzle elements were. But honestly, that was the worst part of the game. It's all uphill from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Eeepies posted:

By the way, has there been any branching paths at all so far, or is this a linear story like Dangan Ronpa?

I don't think it spoils anything to answer your question, but just to be EXTRA safe,

Up to now: There have been 'no branches' in the sense that, so far, nothing we've done could make a major change to the plot. Currently, all we've done is choose who we want to learn more about (by picking who to talk to or who to investigate with, when we're allowed to) or make decisions that will have callbacks later, but won't really 'branch' in the sense that I assume you're asking about

In the future: The game is not linear, but anything else is too close to a spoiler for me to say unless HydroSphere wants to answer that.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Loving the LP so far! You're doing a wonderful job with all of it.

Also, I know it's not exactly a fresh game at this point, but I'd ask people to consider carefully what they say about DR3 at this point, since I don't believe there is a complete LP of it right now? I personally have not gone all the way through the game. (Nobody's actually spoiled anything from it yet, as far as I know, but it keeps coming up in conversation so I just thought i'd urge caution when it comes to that kind of stuff.)

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

The music in this game is really unreasonably good for a free game. Gate of Hell makes my fingertips freeze every time I hear it. ...Maybe that's just because I hear it at the most awful moments of this game, though.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

HydroSphere posted:

For those of you who have already completed the first two chapters; the third chapter is coming out on the 25th (Japanese only). The promotional video only mentions that this is the final chapter, not sure if it's the whole chapter or just the first part.

Oh gently caress, I never thought it would happen

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Tylana posted:

I gotta clap. And maybe feel a bit sick. Just hoping the writer hasn't emptied their ideas bin at this point.

We've only just begun Miley's wild ride, I assure you.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

By the way, chapter 3 is nearly complete, from what I understand! A demo of it was released, and it's coming out on the 25th from what I understand??

Of course, that version will not be english but with any luck, it'll be translated by the time the thread is ready for part 3 / soon after! I'm pumped!!

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Are you sure? I beat the web version with no problems. But that was a several months ago.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

:allears:

Can't wait for more, as usual.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

"Don't end up like Mr. Policeman" Is one of my favorite moments of the game- basically the entire post that just happened. It's really good characterization.

I'm doing my own little live let's play of this game for some of my friends now, who haven't paid the $10 tax. They're pretty into it! Aaaaah I really can't wait for chapter 3 to be translated.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

You're doing such a great job on this game that I bought an ad. I'm pumped as hell and I want everyone to know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Mraagvpeine posted:

If anyone is reading the manga, how much of the game has it adapted? And how does it compare as an adaptation?

It's... Interesting. I started reading it.

I'll spoiler this in case people want to read the manga themselves. But this doesn't spoil anything we haven't seen in the game.

They show joe's execution on the front cover, explicitly. Repeatedly. So everybody will know exactly where and when he dies going into it I guess?? Kind of ruins the suspense of who will die. But you won't know kai is going to die, and they also do a good job showing a cut-away of everybody's face, so you might assume the professor will live to the end of the first trial.

The pacing seems a bit weird compared to the game bu then again, it's reading versus game. There's a bit of backstory before where the game starts, which I think helps establish things quite well, but which would have been very boring to play, so I think that's good.

They made an interesting decision: The first trial room has a window to look at another first trial room, and Sara and Joe get to see Kanna's sister get crushed. They also changed the puzzle quite a bit, but they made it quite exciting to read!