Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
I've never seen this before, but I'll admit I quite like the artstyle for some reason. I find I quite like games like these that are especially obscure thanks to late localization, especially when they turn out to be surprisingly good. The premise is a lot darker than I'd usually like, but I'll probably stick around to see this.

I can say in all honesty that Joe acts just like a guy I used to know; unusual fashion, holding hands, and all. It's uncanny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Well, that was fast! I can't say I didn't see something like this coming, but they sure didn't wait to do it.

Joe's a good kid, and I've gotta say I always like it when these adventure games put so much detail into inspecting the environment, even if it doesn't mean much in the long term.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Hmm... we get a choice for this? Hell, that's a lot of pressure.

My thoughts, spoilered just in case:

Logically, wouldn't it be best to split them up as equally as possible? One live bullet and two dummy bullets, then target a doll first? The plan being that if it was a live round, you can already recognize the pattern?

There's 4 people and 6 dummy shots, so you have enough for two missed guesses. This way, if the first shot is a dummy bullet, then you target another doll to check for where in the pattern you are. From that point on, there's no guessing right?

If you didn't have enough to miss two, then... well, I guess luck would need to be in your favor.

...I've been playing a lot of Ace Attorney recently.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Dragonatrix posted:

Okay, yeah, I think at this point I'm just gonna like cave and play this for myself. Kinda on the fence before, but this definitely settles it.

I dunno what Sou's deal is, but the other person who voted for Mishima was Nao. Y'know, his student that he came here with in the first place. She like definitely didn't distrust him; if anything, she idolised him.

Why she'd vote for him, however, when everyone else seemed to realize that self-voting was the obvious thing to do here is very debatable, though.

Is it possible they simply misunderstood the rules? The doll also did frame it as "just a test, vote for whoever," so that also means they lied about the rules in the first place.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Junpei posted:

My minimal knowledge of Japanese makes me feel like "Alice" should have been localized as "Arisu" just so it sounds... you know... Japanese.

Eh, could just be a "Boy named Sue" type of deal, but it is odd that it stands out as one of the few names that sounds distinctly different than the others. The only other "non-Japanese" name I can think of is Miley's, and that's for the intentional wordplay I believe.

Anyways, just chiming in to agree that this is surprisingly engrossing. The tension is high, and I'm surprised to see how much of a turnabout Sou is.