Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think Indoctrination theory is the Mass Effect theory where Shepard is indoctrinated by the reapers the whole time.

Basically the same kind of "Haha, it was all a dream/delusion and what's really happening is a bad ending" nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Keiji strikes me as somebody who is genuinely a good person trying to help, but has skeletons in his closet he really doesn't want to bring up. Combine this with his mediocre charisma and you've got one hell of a sketchy character.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

idhrendur posted:

I know this is overthinking it, but the tiles should do the trick. The piece that broke off is about 1/7 the width of the title. Assume about the same in the other dimension (an overestimate), and that's 1/49 of the tile. Call it 1/50 for the sake of round numbers. It made the scale decrease by 0.2, so a whole tile should be 10 kg (about 22 lbs for people like me in lands of antiquated units). Four tiles should be plenty, leaving room to stand as well.

I'd imagine that the tile they picked up is the only loose one, given that they're supposed to figure out that the spike pit is under it.

I'd imagine it would be hard or impossible to pick up any other tile.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've already played the game so I'm abstaining, but I do appreciate how this decision is the one that's causing pages and pages of discussion.

This is good poo poo, keep it up

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Personally I think this outcome makes a fair bit of logical sense. Q-Taro pushing the button to save Gin has always been a possible out to this situation, and it's not even out of character for him. He's mostly a scumbag because he's a coward, not because he's actively malicious, and his empathetic moment with Gin there provided the courage he needed to push the button. The antidote is a little bullshitty, but we did know the entire time that there's a medical office on the floor. A fairly advanced one at that, given the anti-hallucination machine.

Additionally, fake Reko freaking out and killing the real Reko was always a very real risk. Rio set up the situation way quicker than it would have happened naturally, but hey, he's a jackass. Also he's breaking the rules of the game by doing this and is punished immediately for it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If that memo is truly prophetic, it seems to be implying that Gin and Keiji will be the victims in Main Game 2. Followed by Sara in Main Game 3.

Chances are, since we're playing this iteration, it'll go better for Sara. The main question is, how much better?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Tax Evasion posted:

Since the numbers all add up to 100%, we can assume that only the successful Sacrifice counts as “winning” the game, so it’s very plausible that Sara is a very popular person to spare with the Sacrifice, and would thus have a much higher survival rate than victory rate.

Isn't that also assuming the keymaster never gets picked though? Because that's a scenario with no winner.

Maybe, improbably, there's an equal number of Sacrifice and Keymaster wins. Or possibly neither count because they aren't "real" conclusions to the game. Who knows?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

B would be my preferred option as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yes,it absolutely is. Which means there are effectively 4 different paths for that chapter.

Having not played it yet, I'm assuming there just won't be too many interactions between Kanna/Sou and Alice/Reko just to keep it simple. Still feels pretty ambitious though.