Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
You forgot to mention the OG Goon spot :Loughmiller's. While being next door to the convention center, almost never as crowded as it should be. Standard pub fair, good beer selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

nesbit37 posted:

Loughmiller's let me down hard GC2019. We went there Friday or Saturday night (I forget which) for food with my booth staff to unwind after a long day of slinging bees, and not only did it take forever to get a seat (people just wouldn't leave even though they were done eating and not gaming) but once we did sit down they almost immediately started a live band that was waaaay too loud. The waitress sucked too, but she may have just been having a bad day. I dunno, I'll try them again but I know my booth staff have sworn them off for good.

That's fair. I think they suffer from being a small staff mostly focused on lunches for the Indiana government employees that are across the street. Then here come this event that makes em a bunch of cash. Try again during lunch time and see if you get a better experience.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
If it's canceled we'll just have to get on some service and do shots Wednesday from home and play digital board games or yell over each other in We're Doomed, Blood on the Clocktower, and Avalon. Add in Fiasco and whatever other role playing stuff you all like to do and it will be a good time.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Well if they open anything back up when you fuckers come I'll let you know. As it stands now lots of the good local places have gone to carry out, but who knows how long that can keep them in business.

Gen Con is probably waiting for the no gathering rules to hit their time slot so they can get out of whatever contracted costs they'd have to pay otherwise. We already canceled our tickets before they possibly change their cancelation policy.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Ilor posted:

Oh my god, if this poo poo results in Loughmillers going under, I'm going to flip my poo poo.

A big part of their business is tied to the Indiana government center across the street so I think they will be ok for now. The stay at home order got extended to May 1st today with them talking of trying to take steps to open some things back up, but I still am doubting Gen Con will happen this year.