Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Aria of Sorrow stays winning. I was like "I've never heard of this god" and looked it up and this is, somehow, a mistranslation of the kanji for Amaterasu Okami

lmao

to be a lil more specific, because the reason why is kinda interesting, whats happening here is different kanji readings. japanese kanji have 2 different readings, called kun (which is reading them as japanese characters) and on (which is reading them as chinese characters, since japanese borrows a lot from chinese). amaterasu in kanji is 天照, which is read in kun as amaterasu. in on reading though, its tensho. so tensho daijin would mean "the great god tensho", and people have in fact called amaterasu that in the past. buddhism used that term a bit from what i can find. definitely the less common reading though and almost definitely a mistake to translate it like that for an english audience, who wouldnt know any of that lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Cubone posted:

if it's any consolation, the fan patch is a breathtaking and exquisite labor of unfathomable love

matos an incredibly talented translator and he had a ton of help from the community. at this point even if mother 3 got officially localized i couldnt see it being better than what we got.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel