Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«59 »
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Haters gonna hate

Man I don't know. The Arjun recast is still jarring for me and he is just a minor character. It's going to be really off when it's someone who had many lines of dialogue in just about every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RICKARUS

It's Moot baby!

Nail Rat posted:

Man I don't know. The Arjun recast is still jarring for me and he is just a minor character. It's going to be really off when it's someone who had many lines of dialogue in just about every episode.

I agree there - I think that was a bad recast. So I'm really hoping the Alex recast would be better. I've watched some other shows with WAY better recasts, so I'm optimistic? Maybe haha

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

If they are going to do something, they need to just get rid of the character.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Just get Liam McIntyre to do it. He has experience replacing main characters.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

No hunks allowed, ya dangus

CLAM DOWN posted:

By the same logic, I can see recasting as the best route. I hope they choose well though.

This seems the most likely to me too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I agree there - I think that was a bad recast. So I'm really hoping the Alex recast would be better. I've watched some other shows with WAY better recasts, so I'm optimistic? Maybe haha

I honestly think the Arjun recast is the worst I've ever seen. I don't mind if they recast and they look different (Game of Thrones for example) but recasting and completely changing their dynamic, and their chemistry, was awful. I think the entire political arc would've hit better if originally Arjun had been involved and had the same story.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

The Arjun recast was a complete gently caress up honestly. Arjun in the books is this quiet, contemplative college professor that serves as a rather hilarious foil to his foul-mouthed, outspoken and ambitious wife. He serves to show how she acts when she is with him vs when she is with everyone else, and that she has a much more vulnerable human side that is constantly hidden when in public. If that kind of actor had been cast, then the fact that she was starting to act aggressively with him too would have had more weight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

This is the perfect opportunity for Bezos to get on the show

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RICKARUS

It's Moot baby!

Azhais posted:

This is the perfect opportunity for Bezos to get on the show

NO

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Just take some inspiration from Dark Matter and pull a Jace Corso/Derrick Moss.

e: hey if we're invoking Bezos, I'll also accept a fourth season of Dark Matter as an apology for a fifth season of Cas Anvar

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 9, 2020

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

"Hey guys, it's me, Johnny Bezos, the great great grandson of the famous Jeff Bezos who saved humanity with the Blue Origin company. People say I'm a spitting image of him. I'm also a crackerjack pilot, so I am ready to fly this space ship wherever we need."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Exciting Lemon

While the Arjun recast couldn't have been more jarring, I still think recasting Alex has my preference. Have the character kind of low key hanging out in the back for a few episodes, then bring him into the forefront.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Daario recast actor probably has lots of free time these days and people already used to him showing up half way through.

Or have Scott Bakula quantum leap into Alex. He's pretty good in sci fi.

iv46vi fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 9, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007

Cybernetic Crumb

Michael shanks probably isn't busy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trans Alex, she takes Space HRT and bing bang boom the Roci becomes less of a boys club ahead of the books. Get woke points, hires a (T)WOC for Amazon buxs, pisses off the worst fans, and best of all more gynophillic expanse fans.

AntherUslessPoster
Feb 12, 2019

Universe existed for 13.8 billion years before humans and will exist for trillions years more after the last human is forgotten.
So what was your problem again?

iv46vi posted:

Or have Scott Bakula quantum leap into Alex. He's pretty good in sci fi.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Kazinsal posted:

Just take some inspiration from Dark Matter and pull a Jace Corso/Derrick Moss.

e: hey if we're invoking Bezos, I'll also accept a fourth season of Dark Matter as an apology for a fifth season of Cas Anvar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

T-man posted:

Chaos option: make Alex trans, replace with trans actress

Cyberpunk option: deepfake Alex in without Cas using Bezosbux

Little known fact, Claudia Black's first role on TV was playing a trans character for an episode, and I still remember watching it when it first aired.

«59 »