Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
In some of the behind the scenes stuff, Cas Anvar did give me some of that frat boy 'will harass people but disguise it as a jokey-joke' energy, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

J33uk posted:

I think they might be wanting an independent investigator to effectively deem him to be in violation so they're legally covered to fire him.

Yeah that's way most companies handle the situation with HR for liability reasons.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Must've been all that time he spent controlling the Epstien Drive

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Elias_Maluco posted:

He always seemed like a cool guy to me but I don't follow much behind the scenes stuff

It's a shame, I've really liked the character, it was my favorite

Same. :negative:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

CPColin posted:

:golfclap:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CPColin posted:

:drat:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CPColin posted:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CPColin posted:

Lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CPColin posted:

:vince:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

CPColin posted:

You know its loving dark, but this is thread title material.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i mean him inventing cold fusion would make sense for how he got hired as a math teacher at the rich kid school

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Elias_Maluco posted:

He always seemed like a cool guy to me but I don't follow much behind the scenes stuff

It's a shame, I've really liked the character, it was my favorite

Now your favourite can be Amos, the correct choice.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SpaceCommie posted:

Now your favourite can be Amos, the correct choice.

Amos is the best most complex character on the show and Wes Chatham seems like a really awesome chill guy.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just got to the episode where the crew rescues the 3 Martians after their ship got blown up, then they try to take over the Roci. My partner was literally yelling at the TV, like "what the gently caress are they doing, the Roci just rescued them and they're being such ungrateful pieces of poo poo!!!" :allears:

etalian posted:

Amos is the best most complex character on the show and Wes Chatham seems like a really awesome chill guy.

:hmmyes:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I liked how the one soldier realized the implication of Bobby being there and the other did not. "She could force feed you that gun if she wanted to"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

swickles posted:

I liked how the one soldier realized the implication of Bobby being there and the other did not. "She could force feed you that gun if she wanted to"

The nonchalant way Bobbie stops and looks around once she's done climbing the steps is amazing :swoon:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I love the arc of the failed mutineers. When the moonfaced mutineer is explaining to the Martian Captain and her XO how they survived the attack and ended up being rescued, the XO (played by Matthew Bennett, one of the Cylons from BSG) doesn't really buy his story of being on the Roci with not only Bobbie but Avasarala as well. "Who else was there, the loving tooth fairy?"

I swear Bennett is channeling Mark Wahlberg in The Departed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Two of the mutineers were also from Killjoys.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Glad to see innocent until provem guilty is dead and buried. whats martian for J'accuse?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you're an actor from Canada you will probably be on the Expanse eventually.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

SpaceCommie posted:

Now your favourite can be Amos Avasarala, the correct choice.

Fixed that for you.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

SpookyLizard posted:

Glad to see innocent until provem guilty is dead and buried. whats martian for J'accuse?

Ah yes, who can forget when Dreyfus was accused of sexual misconduct/assault by multiple women who provided evidence to the public. Dreyfus then lost a well-paying acting job, and definitely wasn't imprisoned by an actual judicial system on treason charges. Truly a travesty of justice for the ages, to possibly lose an acting job based on testimony and evidence provided by multiple witnesses.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

SpookyLizard posted:

Which is why theres being an investigation being done? Nobody's slapped handcuffs on the guy yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

clown shoes posted:

I love the arc of the failed mutineers. When the moonfaced mutineer is explaining to the Martian Captain and her XO how they survived the attack and ended up being rescued, the XO (played by Matthew Bennett, one of the Cylons from BSG) doesn't really buy his story of being on the Roci with not only Bobbie but Avasarala as well. "Who else was there, the loving tooth fairy?"

I swear Bennett is channeling Mark Wahlberg in The Departed.

The best part of that scene was the horror movie like moments in which the Martians were desperately trying to get into armory before Amos could wreck them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

swickles posted:

I'm a fat rear end in a top hat but even I could take out a Navy SEAL if I had a gun and he didn't. I would be really intimidated though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

Still waiting for Jared Keeso to show up after Betty and Mary-Anne have been on the show.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

Surprised it's taking Roger Cross as long as it is.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

McSpanky posted:

Surprised it's taking Roger Cross as long as it is.

He's too nice for the universe of The Expanse. :colbert:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm a fat rear end in a top hat but even I could take out a Navy SEAL if I had a gun and he didn't. I would be really intimidated though.

Bobbie was within arms reach of the Martian, I'd put my money on Bobbie in that situation.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Which is why theres being an investigation being done? Nobody's slapped handcuffs on the guy yet.

i was talking more about the immediate attitude of 'gently caress that guy' in the thread but okay

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Johnny Truant posted:

Bobbie was within arms reach of the Martian, I'd put my money on Bobbie in that situation.

Yeah I just rewatched it and found out Holden had an assault rifle pointed at them too. If she tried to shoot Bobbie then she would have been wasted by Holden so those Martians were cornered.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

SpookyLizard posted:

i was talking more about the immediate attitude of 'gently caress that guy' in the thread but okay

So you don't believe his accusers?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SpookyLizard posted:

There's been an explosion of accusations. Dozens of women telling stories, posting screenshots of conversations. These things don't come out of nowhere.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Organic Lube User posted:

So you don't believe his accusers?

No? Am I supposed to take every accusation as factual poof? All I've seen posted is hearsay about it. I'll condemn the dude if he gets convicted of something, but people talking on twitter does not meet anything resembling a burden of proof.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

SpookyLizard posted:

No? Am I supposed to take every accusation as factual poof? All I've seen posted is hearsay about it. I'll condemn the dude if he gets convicted of something, but people talking on twitter does not meet anything resembling a burden of proof.
OJ wasn't convicted therefore he didn't murder his wife, beep boop I'm a rape apologist.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

You're gross, dude.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SpookyLizard posted:

I'm calling SpookyLizard a jerk who enjoys the smell of their own farts and huff their farts everyday

My evidence is this SA post, everyone agree with me without an actual charge in a court about SL's fart smelling.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

SpookyLizard posted:

:frogout:

T-man posted:

I'm calling SpookyLizard a jerk who enjoys the smell of their own farts and huff their farts everyday

My evidence is this SA post, everyone agree with me without an actual charge in a court about SL's fart smelling.
:agreed:

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

SpookyLizard posted:

Many of the women have posted screenshots of the conversations with Cas to back up their accusations. This doesn't mean he's guilty in a court of law or that he's been "convicted" as you put it. But it does mean you can form an opinion about it and frankly there's some real predator level poo poo in those screenshots.

Do yourself a favour and go read the consolidated accusation thread on the expanse reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Singing Sunflower posted:

Fixed that for you.

Nah she dumped her lovely husband inbetween seasons, remarried someone else and made him steal her ex's identity.

(She's a strong second, but I can't stop watching Amos' scenes)