Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

S2E2, Doors and Corners.

That's how they get ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I actually prefer the stealth ship fight in the books: I think they go in believing it's a cruiser, but then turns out to be several of the smaller ships and pew pew blap blap brrrrrrrrap!

I guess that visual trick doesn't work as well on TV: fool me once and all that. :shrug:

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Slashrat posted:

Rewatching the battle, I can't help but grin at the visual of the OPA shipping a bunch of armed, angry belters to Protogen in FedEx-branded containers.

This has one of my favourite exchanges in the whole show. Drummer :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/HFKaFHw.mp4

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I actually prefer the stealth ship fight in the books: I think they go in believing it's a cruiser, but then turns out to be several of the smaller ships and pew pew blap blap brrrrrrrrap!

I guess that visual trick doesn't work as well on TV: fool me once and all that. :shrug:

IIRC they do the math and figure there’s probably just one ship stationed there and it will be easily won by surprise, but are surprised that there’s a second ship stationed there they didnt account for. That being said, the TV version was probably easier to shoot and is still plenty tense. It’s an all time great space fight scene.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

bou posted:

"Everyone here is a volunteer"
"That's the old trick"

God I love the politics of the Expanse.

Miller has a few great similar exchanges with Diago in and around this season (2).

gfarrell80 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 22, 2020

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

bou posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HFKaFHw.mp4

You know there was at least one other person there who was too shy to ask and secretly relieved that Miller did so.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm the unnamed extra in every scene that's thinking "what the gently caress why are we doing this gently caress off Holden" in or implied in every scene.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006
For me the pinnacle Drummer moment was when she drew Alex's gun and shot the two OPA mutineers in the head on the command center on Tycho Station.

Season 5 methinks will have some more awesomeness in store for Drummer.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Mecha-drummer didn't impress?!

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Mecha-drummer didn't impress?!

Yeah, mecha drummer was pretty good too. Season 3 peak drummer was definitely the fight in the reactor control room and elevator shaft, Diago vs. mecha drummer, Naomi and Holden.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I'm curious if we're getting Michio Pa this season, or if her role is going to be taken by Drummer again? It's hard to accept that Drummer would side with Marco and against Fred.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I'd say that's more a question for the spoiler thread, but I've had similar thoughts

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It’s also a great David vs Goliath showdown especially after the destruction Mars flagship really cranked up the scare factor of the stealth ships.

Plus the challenge of the fight having to fight the stealth ship while also neutralizing the stations defense system

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

So I pretty much binge watched all 4 seasons, and I have to say that this is one of the best shows I have seen.
Story is fantastic and the visuals are really really good.

I really like Chrisjen Avasarala as a character.

I might have to get the books and read them whilst waiting for season 5.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jacada posted:

So I pretty much binge watched all 4 seasons, and I have to say that this is one of the best shows I have seen.

Absolute do. I pretty much did the exact same thing. I’m now starting book 8 and do not regret it one bit.

Agreed on Avasarala. The actor does an incredible job with her, embodies her pretty much perfectly. One fun thing about the books is she has even more foul mouthed bile spewing from her rotten old mouth, it’s brilliant.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Jacada posted:

Chrisjen and her wardrobe.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Chrisjen and her wardrobe.

And how much she loving hates space.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
*Holden sees Avasarala*

Amos: “What was she wearing?” :allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Absolute do. I pretty much did the exact same thing. I’m now starting book 8 and do not regret it one bit.

Agreed on Avasarala. The actor does an incredible job with her, embodies her pretty much perfectly. One fun thing about the books is she has even more foul mouthed bile spewing from her rotten old mouth, it’s brilliant.

Shohreh Aghdashloo has a one of a kind voice and it's even better when she goes on a breaking balls rampage on the show.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I thought this was supposed to take a hundred years or so before this happened :thunk:

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1322213210154508288

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm sure the company that launches poo poo for the US military is totally serious about that

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
And there's absolutely no chance that Elon won't try to force his hand on the Mars colony by controlling the supply ships.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pik_d posted:

I thought this was supposed to take a hundred years or so before this happened :thunk:

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1322213210154508288

this is like those people who landed on an island, planted a flag, and declared themselves a sovereign nation. then Tonga sent a squad of marines over and kicked the poo poo out of them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

libertarian billionaire starts mars colony to ignore age of consent laws

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

lol if you think spacex is ever making it out of LEO let alone mars

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

And there's absolutely no chance that Elon won't try to force his hand on the Mars colony by controlling the supply ships.

I would love to see the kind of crisis this creates and the questions it would force people to ask but I suspect it will be a long-rear end time before anybody is ready to pull something like that.

E:

T-man posted:

lol if you think spacex is ever making it out of LEO let alone mars

I'm pretty sure they've already launched the car out there when they tested their heavy lift booster

Tighclops fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 30, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tighclops posted:

Yeah I'm sure the company that launches poo poo for the US military is totally serious about that

a for-profit colonial venture with a heavily abridged concept of human rights for any humans involved is not really that big a stretch for the US military

Kazinsal posted:

it's this

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Kazinsal posted:

BioShock 4 looking good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xealot posted:

BioShock 4 looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYkGN3p0WCU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tighclops posted:

I'm pretty sure they've already launched the car out there when they tested their heavy lift booster

They shot a car on a one-way trip into an orbit around the sun that sometimes intersects with Mars' orbit and sometimes when it does that Mars is vaguely nearby. That's a lot different from actually getting to and landing on Mars, or even the Moon.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
elon is trash and Falcon Heavy is about putting military payloads into HEO but this was cool as gently caress anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FZIwabctw

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I've been thinking about the silence on the whole Cas debacle and the most logical conclusion I can reach is that he won't be in a sixth season but they won't announce that until season 5 comes out so as not to gently caress up the launch.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
He hosed off all social media since 22th of june so I do think he's already laid off. I always thought actors are contractually obliged to do the usual hype thing and media presence so it might be a sign of that. But I think they won't announce anything till after season airs to not hurt the views and involvement. Or maybe kill him off in some last ep scene

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Erulisse posted:

He hosed off all social media since 22th of june so I do think he's already laid off. I always thought actors are contractually obliged to do the usual hype thing and media presence so it might be a sign of that. But I think they won't announce anything till after season airs to not hurt the views and involvement. Or maybe kill him off in some last ep scene

Depending on how they spread out the Nemesis Games and Babylon's Ashes stuff (do NOT click this is you haven't read Babylon's Ashes), we could see him biting it in the burn back to Tycho. I think that's pretty far into the book though.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It might just be a cynical calculation that having him lay low online, but otherwise continue on the show, is what will upset the least amount of people to the point where they stop watching. I wish ‘one of the starring actors is a creep toward woman’ is something that would upset more people in that case, but I’m not counting on it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Captain Splendid posted:

I've been thinking about the silence on the whole Cas debacle and the most logical conclusion I can reach is that he won't be in a sixth season but they won't announce that until season 5 comes out so as not to gently caress up the launch.

They haven't announced that the show is renewed for a sixth season. I expect they will, and Cas getting shitcanned will be with that announcement. But if Amazon doesn't renew the show for some reason then they don't have to deal with it.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Yeah, that sounds pretty pragmatic

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's an easy fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
But only if he shows up as Korg