Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Thank you for that great OP, OP!
The inclusion of Cotyar warms by spacecold heart!

This might be my first Series i would actually stay up to binge immediately. Any word when exactly it will be available on Prime (in :Germany:)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

It's on!
New Intro is gorgeous.
See you in the slow zone!

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Episode 5:

Holy poo poo Gao's speech about chances

Uh Oh... sabotaging the earlywarning system and stolen Mars war tech...

The week we would have had to wait for the next episode would have been torture.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Quick and dirty GIFs from the FINAL EPISODE - click at your own risk!

https://imgur.com/GERgV2A

https://imgur.com/Ylirbt3

and confirmed: Protomolecule is just Umbrella-tech:

gonna rest my eyes now.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

mfny posted:

Ep 10, Alex comments to Amos about his newly reconstructed hand/fingers, and Amos says he is going to go "test" it.. and we ALL know what he means by that..

my thought on this was "oh poo poo - he's going to kill Murtry now" and was confused as nobody tried to stop him. I totally blacked out on Amos being such a smoothtalking fucker.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Firstly unspoilering this one:

Then my take on this season:
The ability to bingewtch the whole season was a curse and a blessing. Because of course i have to watch everything as fast as possible. But a good thing should be savored. Instead Instead i gorged down the whole fivestar meal without the times in between to appreciate the taste. It still was great, but a little breathing room for thoughts would have made it even better. Maybe some of the "nothing did happen" criticism would have vanished with a little space also. But i can totally understand those who wanted more development on the grand stage. I'm a sucker for the views on/from "normal people" on the great story and so iw as more than happy with this season and the often shunned book.

We learn a lot about the "Where are they now?". Earth is not that zero poverty Utopia. Only one out of 6000 even gets the chance at some kind of purpose in life and we got something like a political caste which mostly lost contact to the human basis. Gao won by offering the masses the hope for a purpose in life beyond the rings and they took it, even with all the possible dangers out there. Mars perfect communism crumbled to dust as a lot of their strongest and brightest saw no more purpose in the millenial project of making Mars a new Eden as the Ring offers now simply better planets now at less effort. The Belters see their advantage now as creatures of Space and their underground experience but are too divided on what to do with this to make life better for everyone. Overall: Humans = still assholes to themselves.

Sorry that's definitely enough words for now. More specific thoughts maybe later after a chill rewatch.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Slashrat posted:

Rewatching the battle, I can't help but grin at the visual of the OPA shipping a bunch of armed, angry belters to Protogen in FedEx-branded containers.

This has one of my favourite exchanges in the whole show. Drummer

https://i.imgur.com/HFKaFHw.mp4

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Fukushima wasn't that long ago and didn't really cause that.

Hello. Let me introduce you to a funny little country called "Germany" whose ruling body decided to let all of their nuclear power plants contracts run out right after Fukushima. I think the last one is due sometime next year or so. Meanwhile, coal and gas were also deemed bad and are to go offline til 2040.
All the electrical needs will come from Wind- and Solarparks. That is, without going into maddening detail, if you believe in the will of politics, and not in the laws of physics.
They want us to only buy electrical cars in the future too and i'm sure, if we're not doing it on our own "free" will, cars with combustion engines will be banned soon. Personally, i prepare to live in a live-action Flintstones-world by 2060.

Sorry for the derail. Please shoot me towards the belt asap. Thanks.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I wouldn't mind if we could figure out what to do with the waste. Sure we can make new processes that can use the waste from less efficient reactors, but eventually you'll get something that's just radioactive slag that isn't useful for anything. So how do you figure out where you can put it that's safe?

Have Elon Musk shoot it into the sun. I'm only half joking.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

If they don't get that airlock shut and save good guy Cyn they can all eat proto-poo poo!

bou
Aug 3, 2006

For me (as in, highly individual for me) this season has two problems:

1. I cannot get engaged with the Naomi family-drama which unfortunately makes up a lot of screentime. Cyn was the only relatable sympathetic charcter in this.

2. It IS slow-paced. Which i don't mind per se. But to all the build-up there was essentially no real payoff. This would be alright if we had at least 12 episodes to deliver a satisfying conclusion. But now i get some slight flashbacks to reading the Game of Thrones books doing a fantastic job of worldbuilding and spinning intrigues and stuff and GRRM realizing he could not for the life of him get a proper finish done. As if they were filming episode for episode and suddenly realizing "drat, we're already at Ep 9?!?! FUUUCK!"

I just want Drummer to explode faces nonstop in the last episode and everything else done in a prologue narrated by Avasarala as G'Kar did in that B5 season finale.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

404notfound posted:

There's a S5 blooper reel up on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yuv-XbY2QU

There are some good reactions, but first:

https://i.imgur.com/fZJvigr.mp4

Is this too big? It's halt the size on the site. I'll edit it out if it disturbs the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Holden's role is perfectly described in the threadtitle. Also, if he were british, he would be Arthur Dent.