Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

gfarrell80 posted:

Prometheus and Ad Astra were indeed fantastically terrible films for a multitude of reasons. Prometheus I think is just a hacky franchise reboot attempt, but if you delve into Ad Astra much IMHO it is a deeply insidious movie when it comes to the assumptions and depictions it makes about the near future.

What is Oven Cant?

Ad Astra was an allegory for a psychological journey, nothing the characters do is meant to be taken literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Chronojam posted:

In every scene depicting Drummer and her crew, she's always actually been alone with Marco's appointee. The political officer becomes increasingly troubled as Camina descends into rambling arguments with herself.

:dogstare:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

CPColin posted:

Hopefully they're so expensive because they blew a bunch of money on other colors than blue this season

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
You can skip the gravel planet season. Maybe just watch the first & last episodes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
So, expanse thread posters. I really enjoyed the expanse. And Altered Carbon, season 1. Is there anything else out there that is cyberpunk plus film noir? I'd count Blade Runner/2049 as along the same lines. I'm open to live action, tv, movies, and anime

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
I got a bone structure for ya right heah *grabs disturbing protomolecule growth*

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

sebmojo posted:

No yeah they are.

nuh uh

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

tokin opposition posted:

i was cursed by a witch to read every hard scifi book

:pressf:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Arc Hammer posted:

Belter life expectancy is 68-69 years so 45 year old Thomas Jane is the equivalent of a 60 year old Welwalla

Pampa Caliente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
A Neal Stephenson book that falls the gently caress apart at the end? whaaa