Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Wheeee posted:

I sure hope that Marco gets owned and replaced by Dawes soon because whether it's the actor, the writing, the direction, or a combination thereof, Marco is a dogshit character who's not selling it at all.

Most of this show is so well done, and well cast, that weaknesses like Bobbie and Marco really stick out.

I remember thinking the same thing about Diogo. Something about those two make me want to smack them and tell them to grow up and stop acting like smug little shits. I'm inclined to think it's the characters because I don't know the actors from anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Data Graham posted:

Really loved the reveal at the end of wtf was going on. The whole last 20 minutes was wondering whether I'd missed some obvious thing about what the hell she was trying to accomplish, and a small voice in the back of my head telling me "No, it'll become clear, don't worry"

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by that.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CommanderApaul posted:

As Yao said, "I didn't think we could lose." Hubris that they were the biggest, baddest navy in the system. Reminds me a bit of the Millennium Challenge combat exercise.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

gently caress's sake this is like when little kids are play fighting and one of them is dictating what the other one is supposed to do so he can win. Only with actual military equipment.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

fartknocker posted:

I don’t know if the instant communications thing is true or just part of the legend of that whole thing, but it was heavily discussed in the old Cold War thread.

Quick and dirty phone posting link to some of it, but if search that thread there’s more:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3373768&pagenumber=1945&perpage=40&highlight=Van,Riper#post500390442

Ok after reading that thread the whole thing was a complete waste of time, from both sides of the simulation. I still stand by it sounding like kids on a playground saying "now you're dead" and "no I'm not I'm psychic" a whole bunch.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Toast Museum posted:

My initial mental image was similar, but the descriptions of recon armor in the books are closer to Iron Man than Space Marine. Ships are way more cramped in the books, and a big bulky suit would make it nearly impossible to get around.

That said, the books do include big combat mechs for surface fighting.

This is just confirming it more and more for me that gundam and the expanse would be more or less the same if protomolecule wasn't discovered.