Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Svaha posted:

World leaders are often cradle robbing perverts, so that scans fine to me! :colbert:

Why does Avasarala show up in the flight logs for trips to L2 St. James?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Belters will also grow up in different conditions depending on your social status, but even then you're going to need specialized medical care to grow up healthy. Remember that Miller scene with Miller about his Belter 'tell' in the first season where we saw the injection scars from the public bone growth injections on Ceres that He'd gotten. But if you're really on the fringes of Belter society, you're born on the float with little or no medical care at all and end up like Anderson Dawes' sister - functionally so weak from her childhood that even living on the float was nearly impossible. Also remember that the slums in Ceres are closer to the core of the asteroid, and because of that have weaker spin gravity than the more prosperous regions which are closer to the surface.

I don't remember if it's in the show, but in the books, in addition to being the bread basket of the outer planets, Ganymede is also a major destination for childbirth and nursery care because of its Lunar-strength gravity, and its natural magnetic field and has large medical facilities because of these facts. Though in terms of realism I'm not sure how accurate that is given the strength of Jupiter's own magnetic field, and massive radiation belts. I don't know if that field would have much protective capacity the way Earth's does.

Also wanna remind people that there is a book-spoiler thread for discussing the show here, be warned there's a lot of untagged book spoilers relative to where the show's at throughout: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896644

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 15, 2019

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

The Clowner posted:

Or maybe it's just the fifth season where the show is supposed to go to poo poo, if precedence is anything to go on (GoT, Simpsons, Family Guy, Lost)

Unless the creative team drastically changed between this season and s5, I wouldn't worry about it. The material they're going to be adapting is real good and they will never run ahead of the books like GoT did. As long as the writing team continues adapting the books as they have been, the show should continue to be great.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

For me at least, much like in the book, there's this feeling of anticipation about what's going to happen that got a little in the way of enjoying the good moments of this season. It's not really filler, since it's setting up a bunch of important concepts and story-lines but it can't quite get away from the fact it is setting up the next major set of story arcs.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What's the consensus on this line? Was he making a masturbation joke, or referencing him going to beat the loving gently caress out of Murtrey? I've heard lots of proponents for both.

Yes