Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

twistedmentat posted:

Bobbie's escape from the embassy is pretty fantastic. She just beats the poo poo out of Martins, and good for her, that guy deserved it. Also, holy poo poo what do you expect when you slaughter the close knit squad of your elites and then expect the elite of the elite to just take that laying down after blowing smoke up her rear end. They probably trained her to think of herself, to have situational awareness to be able to operate effectively as a leader, that does not go well when you assume blind patriotism is going to keep them quiet.
That scene is very TV, but I loved him going from "you kids these days don't know anything about sacrifice!" because she's upset that her squadmates were murdered for a marketing video, into immediately giving her a copy of the tape because he didn't want to get punched in the face again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Data Graham posted:

True, but then he hit fuckin' Philadelphia, which is like ... Robin Hood splitting the arrow with another arrow kinds of accuracy

He was aiming for Seattle!

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

etalian posted:

and the hat....
One neat thing I noticed on rewatch is that he ditches the hat before he ever meets Holden. So protomiller wearing it is a hint that everything's not quite right. I think Holden does comment on it but I didn't pick up on the significance the first the around.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Episode was good but both have them so far have had me saying "that's it??" when the credits rolled. Wish we had more than 6 it seems like there's a whole lot to tie up in just four more episodes.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Have any idea where they are in the Amazon App on Ps4? I let it run through the entire credits and nothing shows up.

I don't think the PS4 app has it, I can't find it anywhere either.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Pretty good episode and season. The Laconia stuff was kinda interesting for showing off the larger universe but also didn't actually go anywhere? Maybe they could've sped it up a little bit and had the zombie kid do something beyond get shoved in a locker. Really hoping we get a movie or another few seasons, if not at least there are the books, I still have most of them left to read.

Amos' chair flight was equal parts cool and ridiculous, the lighting/colouring in the ringspace made it look like a super low-effort home movie style cutout moving around on a badly done greenscreen, and it lasted long enough that it started feeling a bit comical. The railgun constantly going off in the background was a good effect.
Bobbie getting to use the manoeuvre from her introduction was great.

It's too bad they killed Dawes offscreen because bringing back Jared Harris as the transport union president instead of Drummer would have been pretty great, I think the position fits his character a bit better than hers.

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 14, 2022

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

FWIW, I've shown several people the first episode and they've bounced right off the show. I don't think it's a great introduction.
Yeah I bounced off it twice before finally just skipping to the second episode, which hooked me. Recently rewatched it with a friend and he seemed pretty unimpressed as well until the end of the second, then he was also hooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Zorak of Michigan posted:

I've been rewatching season one and Dawes is by far my favorite character. He's a true believer in episodes where everyone else is stumbling around wondering what the hell is going on, and that inner certainty plus Harris' performance gives him tremendous presence.
Surely you mean belter certainty