Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Do you think the Captain smokes weed? I know he's always Hold'en.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Phenotype posted:

Has Burn Gorman ever not played an rear end in a top hat?

Not believably look at that face

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i liked robobobbie

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

whole lotta sticks cuddling with an axe

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wonder what moon inhabitants like Prax fall under in the wellwallah/beltalowda scale. You'd think they'd be somewhere in the middle, living in 0 < x < 1 gravity. Why don't they get cover songs.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wonder if the Pluto is a planet debate still happens in the Expanse and if there are angry boomerbelters who try to live on it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

everyone else is just short

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sure is a good thing the food supplies are stable and doesn't cause problems

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

logikv9 posted:

this makes me very sad, although I assume that the books eventually include other ways that depict what the protomolecule is actively doing

a small pile of blue goo under the floorboards of your ship manipulating your brain at a distance to investigate why nobody is answering their calls is pretty cool and crazy

Also completely unrelated I'm wondering if the ring station and the thousands of systems connected within was the extent of the ring builder civilization, just one of many, or was built by autonomous protomolecule in the millions of years after to replace one that might've been destroyed during the war. I had assumed the latter this whole time but given that new Terra was clearly actively used by their civilization it sounds like the first choice? It's all very fun to think about.

Nothing says the protomolecule can't have plans after the ring gate's built to convert a planet. If it can build wormholes it can probably manage whatever the gently caress that planet was for.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

69 dicks for loving, 420 mouths for smoking, and a cybernetic superbrain is what i want santa

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

logikv9 posted:

I'm pretty certain whatever glass material they use for their Future Phones is pretty drat durable compared to today. I remember the phone that got smashed to bits by the robot arm in the Navoo looked fragile but at the same time it got crushed by a robotic arm

the gently caress happened to miller's then? did he get a bible-caught-bullet out of it?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i'm only on book 4 but that sounds like faithful casting to me

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

scrubs, i rewatch as i watch it the first time

saves time

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Please let Kojima-san contribute to The Exapnse.

agreed

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

all of you disgust me and I don't think we see her boobs at any point, nor did I notice her boobs overmuch as a proud horny lesbian.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I want the show to be older, less white, and very very gay. Holden/Amos/Alex when??

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

2/4 of the leads (who tend to eat Alex's screentime imo #morealex) are burly white dudes from Baltimore and Missouri respectively. It can be good, but I want better, or improvement in other ways. Let's get some gay kisses or a single trans character, or even a shout out that trans people exist and we have epstein drive penises for trans dudes or something.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i hope lily gao and bobby kiss is s5, right after the Holden/Amos/Alex polycule forms

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

in space nobody can hear you kinkshame

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Burginator posted:

I've been doing a rewatch of this show and I forgot how completely breakneck season 3 is. This show is *even better* on a rewatch because there's so many little details everywhere, I'm completely in love with it. It's probably my favourite show since The Wire, and I want seasons 5-8 to launch tomorrow please

*Space Monkey's Paw curls one finger* it is done, but it's been done by those pregnant elsa spiderman video generators trained on the books

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Realistically all the MCs died like three books ago given the sheer amount of abuse their bodies have healed from and exciting fight scenes where no bullets hit anyone important, Holden should be in a hospital bed slowly and painfully melting into a radiation puddle.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Grand Fromage posted:

German and Russian show up in the book version frequently.

The books cover a wide timeframe. I'm saying 40 is bare minimum Alex age for Leviathan Wakes, but it's not specified anywhere I've found.

I'm working through Book 5 and I have to ask, and this can be a one-letter reply, but Alex and Bobby never gently caress, right? Because < 40 + 20(?) =

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The only real hard science fiction ever written was done by Greg Egan, a man who regularly makes his readers look at formulas to understand what the main character looks like, does, and values. Everyone else is as soft as Jeff Epstein after meeting Amos.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Clinton would be the wellwalla who installs a screen door on a spaceship.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Elentor posted:

I wish I was 1/20th as amazing as Avasarala

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I just realized that basically nobody enjoys good food in the expanse. Belters eat literal kibble, everyone on basic is getting food bars, fascists aren't known for good food either, so Mars is probably serving up soylent green at this point.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pronunciation is a scam made up to sell dictionaries don't fall for it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

giant magnets orbiting at geosynch orbit

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No, it's capitalism.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

If I teleport out of an open airlock which way will my soul fall away?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Firehawks were the friends we made along the way

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I kinda hate every design ngl

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Grand Fromage posted:

I am sick of there not being a single loving place left on the internet you can escape these single track minded bores.

I'm sorry that reality still exists? Go read CSPAM and learn how to make us happy*, all you need is to do full communism and end fascism.

Also you're basically going "why can't I enjoy this lovely apolitical movie starship troopers," you know that right? Fascism is the aesthetic applied to imperial politics, cool looking coffee mugs are a part of this. You're not supposed to want to live on mars, although tbh I'd probably pick Mars over TE Earth if I had to live somewhere.

* In my case slightly less angry

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah I'm just going to bail on this thread, jesus loving christ. There are plenty of places on the forums I can go to watch people one up each other with their wokeness performances.

cry harder

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Your 7 posts itt have been a valuable contribution and I will miss reading your wise insights.

somewhere else

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's the hat

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

miller is a 40 year old neckbeard's self insert character and he wears a goddamn fedora and/or porkpie hat, the original fedora

he's also a cop which does not help

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

take a shot every time the protomolecule does something unexpected

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

- complaining about being old for every character all the time
- children acting entirely unlike children
- the universe becoming gayer in the later books

T-man