Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ffrankieadams/status/1206284682301779968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you're gonna get so much Amos next season you won't know what to do with all that Amos.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pik_d posted:

Unless he somehow comes back in the final book, which I find unlikely, he is gone for good. I suppose they could also change things in the show, but that would be a dramatic departure to just not have someone stay dead.

Miller and all the other people the protomolecule ate were basically trapped in hell and Miller used his brief period of autonomy to free everyone from their life of eternal torture. he wanted to be and is dead.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
haha I don't know how you could look at this person's face and mistake them for anyone else.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just had this pop up in my feed... isn't this how they pose the people who get shot in zero g on the show? one more neat detail.

https://twitter.com/WeirdSpace1/status/1224739583583191043

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sammus posted:

Wes Chatham kills it as Amos, and if the show was able to depict Belters as they're described in the book he would be even more perfect. There's nothing that is really supposed to stand out about him. He's not overly tall for an Earther, probably right around 6' give or take a few inches, and he's not insanely ripped or anything, he's just well built with some fat on him. Like someone else said, an NFL lineman, although I picture him more as a retired lineman, he should have a poo poo load of muscle but he doesn't look like he spends any time in the gym.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if they do depict the Churn I feel like it will be next season, it's going to have lots of Amos-centric content in it and I think they might slip some Churn flashback content in there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

is the last book out?

no, no release date other than "2020."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you're a hustler or criminal you can potentially live much better by going off the grid. no safety net to catch you though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we got a minute before season 5 airs so I suspect they will do just that. give him a stern talking to and then hope he shapes up and everyone forgets about it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah, just bring him back, don't even try to explain it. "hey, it's shed!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Wes Chatham better not turn out to be a creep too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I have to post this whenever people get horny for amos.

https://twitter.com/weschatham/status/1049004668519510016?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you're an actor from Canada you will probably be on the Expanse eventually.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
can't remember which expanse thread it was, but someone posted rumors about him behaving like a creep at cons going back so far as 2018.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
simply killing the character would derail the writing process in a big way. they will just recast.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
space racism!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

At least it isn't as bad as Ad Astra. Guy kills a whole crew so he can tell his dad that they are both pieces of poo poo and then more people die or something. That movie sucked rear end way more than Interstellar.

Ad Astra had a Space Monkey. so better.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
turns out Ceres may not need that water after all.

https://twitter.com/guardianscience/status/1292911857267650560?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
looking forward to this extremely Amos-centric season very much.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Next season looks like more fun violent Amos adventures like visiting neo baltimore.

you're in for a treat.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon recently released all of Utopia at once. There doesn't seem to be any reasoning for it. Maybe if they know the show is good they'll spread it out. Amazon also made a weekly aftershow for The Boys so I'm not sure why they don't have one for The Expanse. Get Adam Savage to host and geek out with the actors and writers.

https://twitter.com/ExpanseOnPrime/status/1316393333170737152?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

honestly, as much as i enjoy disappearing into a binge watch k-hole, this is probably true. going to be the new normal going forward i guess.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LegoMan posted:

The stealth ship fight was pretty awesome

brap brap

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pik_d posted:

I thought this was supposed to take a hundred years or so before this happened :thunk:

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1322213210154508288

this is like those people who landed on an island, planted a flag, and declared themselves a sovereign nation. then Tonga sent a squad of marines over and kicked the poo poo out of them.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah, i feel like we haven't seen enough of Marco yet to pass judgement.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"are they hypoxic??" :lol:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gfarrell80 posted:

Cap'n = Holden
Boss = Naomi
Alex = Alex
Tonight = ??
Peaches = Melba
Doc = ??
My Best Friend = Prax

Who the heck are Tonight and Doc?

tonight i assume is Chandra Wei, tonight as in "tonight i am hooking up with this person." Doc is... Anna?

just noticed that Chandra's actress was in the first episode of the Boys, she plays Hughie's exploded girlfriend.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cool

https://twitter.com/Fermion_Alpha/status/1333132807988764673?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TraderStav posted:

Bobbie and the cucumber sandwiches.

:hellyeah:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cojawfee posted:

Do books 7-9 have the same characters?

yes but there's a very large time skip.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
return to the churn baby!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"you crazy, ke, you know what they gonna do in there?"
"yep."

some real good "amos crazy eyes" in there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TraderStav posted:

I can't imagine it would ever happen, but if it turned out Wes was a sex pest I don't think I could regain faith in humanity.

He's a pro follow on Instagram by the way.

i would just about die. be good, wes!

those of you who are confused about Amos and his background, just go get the Churn ebook or audio book. it's really short and they are both very cheap. i know, you shouldn't have to rely on stuff from outside the show to understand the show, but it's a really quick study.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I had no idea Cas’ actor had all that poo poo going on. That sucks rear end. My first thought was, drat good thing it’s not Amos or people would melt down.

what got me is that it had been going on for years, like, when i first heard about it i dug into some old posts on forums and social media and there were anecdotes about him going back like 2-3 years. he had been at it for a while. i think there were some posts on SA about it recounting rumors that had been circulating at various cons. it took a critical mass of public accusations before anyone took it seriously.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if he was a big successful crime guy why didn't he just regrow the arm? is there a reason, been a minute since i read it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Splendid posted:

And Coach from Left 4 Dead 2

(Bobby's CO was Nick)

he gets around.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

scary ghost dog posted:

whens the new episode

Wednesday, 23rd.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
refresh, it should pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
watching the first season 5 episode again and just noticed the Chinese? language version of Rawhide playing in the hokey fake Texas bar. :lol: