Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s dead under the circumstances. I’m not a space expert in the future so I don’t know how long they were passed out from launch so she probably bled out and died during that time and he was just sealing up her wounds to keep from more blood getting out into the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Or Amos is just so broken at this point that he is having a hard time accepting she’s dead after what he went through to get her on the shuttle.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

smoobles posted:

This season is so drat slow compared to the prior ones. They better be setting up a balls out solar war in season 6. I'm tired of watching sad terrorists with mean dads. Holden is literally doing nothing. Alex and Bobby have spent 4 episodes flying a space ship from A to B. Amos has an interesting story, but his character is by design a walking piece of wood, so he's just grunting through it.

I lol’d at Amos being a walking piece of wood that just grunts because it’s spot on and I still think he’s the most interesting character of the entire show.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Opinions are opinions and in my opinion he’s a good actor.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

404notfound posted:

I think most people keeping up with the show and talking about it online are aware of the allegations against Anvar, but I wonder how people who are completely unaware of everything feel about Alex's end. I definitely feel it was abrupt and a little awkwardly handled, though that's colored by the knowledge that they had filmed the entire season before making the decision to cut him.

I had no idea what was going on with Anvar so when I watched the finale it seemed natural and just a lovely thing that might have happened in the books. I really did think it was just his time in the series then I came in here and realized why it happened. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

So the Roci crew is now:

Holden
Naomi
Amos
Bull
Clarissa

and...maybe Bobbie and maybe a couple random belters from Tycho station? I'm guessing Monica isn't gonna stick around though

They’ll definitely have Bobbie sticking around as they’ll need a Martian on the Roci for the crew of Martians, Earthers and Belters well-rounded thing they have. At least I’m hoping cus Bobbie is one of the best parts of the show.

Any bets on who on the Roci crew will die next season? As long as it’s not Amos I’m good.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

The Expanse is a show about ancient aliens that constructed a network of ring-gates throughout the universe, it's basically the same show.

Yes, Stargate and The Expanse are the same universe and the Ori were not completely defeated.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I’m rewatching season 1 now and in episode 4 Avasarala is on the roof when her grandson comes up and lays next to her and they start discussing the meteorites and it’s some serious foreshadowing.

Kid ends up saying no one can throw an asteroid big enough like the ones that killed the dinosaurs. Just you wait kid. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also maybe the ships had some of that stealth tech while tugging the ‘roids themselves.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

The show does talk about how the Donnie was at Phoebe Station. That's why it was attacked. It was not to "muddy the waters". I highly recommend you all rewatch the show now that we're at the events of present day, there's a ton of foreshadowing and little tidbits and it's awesome.

Can confirm that rewatching the series is incredibly eye opening and I understand so much more now.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Re: level of detail on this show? I just saw the mirror in Holden’s room and it’s a completely shatter proof mirror which is extremely polished metal that they use in prisons. Found that interesting.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We had a guy have a 5.56 misfire on our ship a few years ago and it just bounced around the bulkheads a lot. Fun times.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AtraMorS posted:

Nah, that's exactly who he is. He's a bit of an idiot that just gets a spur up his rear end sometimes about doing the right thing and drat the consequences, and the much more competent people around him keep him from dying. He's the one that named the boat after Don Quixote's horse after all.

e: he's not a bad guy or character or anything. He's good at holding the Roci's crew together because they know he'll take risks for them too, but yeah, he's very much a right-place/time kind of person.

Yeah this is what I’m getting from rewatching the show. I’m on season 4 now and it really is Holden is just the Han Solo (I have a bad feeling about this) of the Expanse and put all his attribute points into Luck.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WrightOfWay posted:

I miss Miller.

If the plot armor wasn’t so thick in this show then Miller dying is perfectly fine, but since the rest of the main characters are so protected then he should have lived and been the one seeing Julie telling him what to do in seasons 3 & 4 instead of Holden. But that’s just my opinion.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn’t they say in season 1 that the Roci was the most advanced ship in the Martian fleet which in turn would mean the most advanced ship in existence? That would at least give me a pause for thought.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BrotherJayne posted:

It's a secret squirrel ship.

It's advanced as hell, but a Donnager would poo poo all over it

Fair enough. Even so with how the ship battles are the Roci could possibly take out a Donnager or two with a great pilot/crew and luck as we saw when the Roci fought the stealth ship in season 1.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

My fav Holden and also comedy scene is when he has that ship all hands meeting just to disclose that he's banging Naomi.

Just watched this last week and I died laughing. I’m so glad I decided to rewatch this show.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bedshaped posted:

Season one does get very confusing with so many ship names and trying to follow who was on what ship and what each ships purpose was. I'd be mostly lost without Miller's summary near the end.

You have the Canterbury, the Knight, the Anubis, the Anubis-1A, the Donnager, the Scopuli, the Razorback, the Tachi and then the Rocinante. I'm probably missing one.

I kinda like it. They decided “gently caress them kids” in regards to us viewers who aren’t smart enough to keep up or have the attention span to pay absolute attention the entire time. But yeah, without Miller’s summary I’d probably have to rewatch the entire first season the first time I watched it. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he took a PDC round in his back through his chest. A chest burster, you could say.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Those things are probably the size of a tallboy, so that would make a mess.

I was thinking about that too as I was typing. Maybe it was just shrapnel or a piece of the PDC round? I’m not sure but I just saw the episode a week or two ago so I can say how he died just not sure what actually went through him.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

The biggest Amos masterstroke was using some history storytelling to get his future "friend with benefits" on board.

I can honestly say that this was just the greatest moment in the entire show to me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That’s how I feel, too. It’s not like we’re following anyone in the show who’s going through the entire planet on a ship to examine the fallout. We’re just following a handful of characters in a system and then just two of those people are on the actual planet but they’re just like, getting through it. Maybe we’ll see more next season when they’ve been able to explore the devastation.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope Prax comes back next season and him and Amos have a total bro hug. :3:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That whole scene had me :swoon:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

Amos Burton

Amos Hurtin'

Amos Assertin'

Amos Uncertain

Amos Squirtin'

Amos is definitely the best part of this show.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That... is something and I can’t stop watching it. :eyepop:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

The full movie is a crazy rear end story and well worth your time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_of_Speed_and_Time

I can’t believe I was actually willing to watch it but I looked on all my streaming services and none of them have it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BooDooBoo posted:

https://youtu.be/j5a_00YVVkQ

(Not files, Jittlov approved)

Oh god I thought I was spared. I’ll definitely find some time for this.