Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Grand Fromage posted:

It's described as hijacking already extant self-replicators more than itself being a self-replicating Von Neumann machine kind of deal. It also seems like it would only do that on a planet the PM aliens can live on, so if it were to hit a poorly scouted planet that has life but isn't habitable for them, it'd just fail. But PM tech is all sort of mysterious and unexplained because it's incomprehensibly advanced.

Honestly in some ways leaving things unexplained is better. Not to jump back on the BSG derail too much, but the later seasons once questions started getting answered it ultimately was less interesting than the mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The irony of the GRRM worry, considering one of the authors was GRRM's personal assistant who left to start writing these books is hilarious.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Tighclops posted:

Lol if you think that the show was saved for any reason other than that a billionaire wanted it

I mean I guess reverting to neo-feudalism has some perks.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I find it a little funny that for Nancy Gao they cast an actress named... Lily Gao.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Lily Gao is the Pete Buttgieg Stand-In someone who has been calculating a path to the presidency from as young as possible.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Grand Fromage posted:

Humans will also be fine. We are very hard to kill. Technological human civilization at its current state, that's the question.

Yep. Though it's a hydrocarbon mix, not just liquid methane. poo poo's cold. But everywhere out there is, Titan isn't unusually cold.

That's one thing I thought was a bit weird about the Expanse, I always figured Titan would be a lot more developed or used in the setting. Then again that might be eclipse phase leaking in where the Titan Commonwealth is one of the biggest factions in the setting.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Alistair Reynolds House of Suns is my reccomendation for an interstellar story space opera with no FTL.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

This is proof goons did a better job leading Mars in our Aurora 4x Fanfic of The Expanse than they did in this game.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

CPColin posted:

Must've been all that time he spent controlling the Epstien Drive

You know its loving dark, but this is thread title material.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Look as a Stargate fan, just bring in Ben Browder or Claudia Black to replace Alex.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

So Far the Suggestions are to replace Alex are...

1. Shed Garvey
2. Bobbie
3. Clarissa Mao
4. Jeff Bezos
5. Ben Browder
6. Claudia Black
7. Crispin Glover
8. Marc Bendavid
9. Michael Shanks
10. Scott Bakula
11. Scorpius in a Hawaiian Shirt
12. Glen Howerton
-Edits-
13. Liam McIntyre
14. Shirtless Amos
15. Prax (PER BSG CAMEO)
16. Alan Tudyk
17. Chewbacca
18. Lin Manuel Miranda
19. Taintrunner (By being drunk and ranting like an idiot about BSG to Prax, who was a BSG Extra)
20. David Straithairn (Not sure if this is revived Ashford or just him acting someone new)
21. Automatic Pilot from Naked Gun
22. Fat Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber)
23. Roger Cross
24. Jonny Sins (Bald Brazzers Guy)

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 11, 2020

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Azhais posted:

What if they each did one episode

:Shutupandtakemymoney:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

list updated, almost to 20 candidates to replace Alex soon we need to setup a really stupid poll for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Well the list now stands at 24, we need 8 more suggestions before we can do an incredibly stupid march madness bracket to replace Alex on the Expanse.